You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Desoto Civic Center 5th December - CANCELLED

faldor wrote:

True, I guess what I meant to say is, I don't see GNR changing their ways.  As in, being more geared towards casual fans.  At this point, they're geared to the diehards and that's about it.  So therefore, I don't see the public perception of them changing at all.  I hope I'm proven wrong, and I hope they do make appearances, release more music, etc., etc.  The TMS interview was certainly a step in the right direction.  I just don't see things like that becoming commonplace.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well at the hamilton show axl gave, what seemed to me, a heartfelt thankyou to the crowd at the end of the show...i dunno if that is the norm these days but last year the did shooters at the end of the gig...this year they passed out drumsticks, guitar pics and (oddly) water bottles and lastly profuse thankyous

seems a different attitude to the fans this time

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

yeah but Neemo lets' be real a  few guitar picks, drumsticks some bottles of water and some heart felt, yet standard "thank you good nights" are not things you chalk up  as a  band establishing themselves and getting new or more fans to the shows or into the music. I'm sure as shit not going to any concert becauseI think the guitar player might throw out a pick, or the drummer might throw a drumstick out or because the singer says Thank You at the end of the night.

Those things do not equal promotion or progress. I mean.... all bands throw out guitar picks and drumsticks and say thank you to the fans.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Hasnt the band always took a bow and Axl says his thank yous and " have a safe journey home" speeches at the end?  He did in 2006 anyway.

Talking of the public perception, I was at a party on friday night and was talking to a girl about the 06 Glasgow show cause she said she was there. It kind of funny and frustrating at the same time, she was saying it sucked because they came on really late, Axl kept throwing tantrums and storming off the stage and how it wasnt GNR cause it was just him and back up band.
I pointed out how GNR were actually early, they came on at 9.50pm, I told her she was lying about the tantrums cause he did no such thing, he even got soaked as a cup of beer landed at his feet one time and he just kept singing whilst mopping it up with a towel.
She stuttered and stammered, saying "aye well he still shouldnt be calling it Guns N Roses if Slash isnt there.."

She was a fucking idiot basically, its like the media have shoved these stories down peoples throats for so many years its become ingrained in peoples mind, it doesnt even matter what these people see with their own eyes, they will still fall back on regurgitating the same old story they've been reading about forever, thinking thats the cool thing to say.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

yeah but Neemo lets' be real a  few guitar picks, drumsticks some bottles of water and some heart felt, yet standard "thank you good nights" are not things you chalk up  as a  band establishing themselves and getting new or more fans to the shows or into the music. I'm sure as shit not going to any concert becauseI think the guitar player might throw out a pick, or the drummer might throw a drumstick out or because the singer says Thank You at the end of the night.

Those things do not equal promotion or progress. I mean.... all bands throw out guitar picks and drumsticks and say thank you to the fans.

no but an actual heartfelt "before you all leave we would like to say thank you for coming out and seeing us, we;ve had a really great time and we thankyou very much, it means alot to us" thne handing out stuff to the crowd is different than "Good...fucking night!!!" then a round of shots of tequila amongst the band

it was just weird cuz i've never seen axl close a show like that hmm

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

It's listed on the back of the tour shirt I bought, the one with the chinese dude on the front.

Not to be off topic but DAMNIT I WANTED THAT SHIRT! I passed on it in Chicago thinking I could buy it in Detroit. Went to 3 different merch stands in Detroit and there were none available.

i wanted the one with the Snakes on it...but i didnt have alot of $$$

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

The Chinese shirt was at one of the booths in Detroit.  I wanted a XXL and they didn't have any so I got the skull and snake shirt.  I bet if you prepartied at The Post the Chinese shirt was sold out by the time you got there.

Sky Dog wrote:

richard fortus?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mftC-Mdj … re=related

here we go again with the endless debate...it's really simple. They AGAIN scheduled too many dates in TINY markets...overbooked. The big cities are doing fine and the shows are kicking ass. It's simple economics. The production costs outweigh the gross dollars in these small markets. Poor planning.

For instance, why play the Forum in LA when you can do Universal again like in 2006? My only guess is that they are getting a good deal from the venue/arenas since the NBA was locked out.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer