You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Who will be the 2012 GOP Nominee?

Lomax wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

No, i've heard your sob stories and they don't add up.  I don't blame Obama directly for the unemployment rate.  I do blame the Democratic party primarily because they're the ones behind the housing bubble.  Telling banks to give homes to poor black people or we'll call you racist.  That's the crux of it. 


Playing the victim is old and boring.  I'm tired of the excuses when the truth is people live beyond their means.  The definition of poverty in this nation is a joke.  Air Conditioning with cars and cable TV and full bellies.  If you're unable to take out a student loan because you realize you won't get great grades in college and major in something worthwhile, good for you.  But when you take out that loan for the party experience, no sympathy.  At the end of the day there's a recruiter within 10 miles of your location.  Signup and do 4 years and serve your country.  You'll get a decent paycheck, healthcare, shelter food and free college.  But it all comes back to sacrifice. 

Feeling sorry for yourself and coming up with every excuse why your situation is unique doesn't help.  I'm not going to increase my taxes to pay for you.  And when you demand others subsidize your comfort, you're not a free person at all.  You're entirely dependent on others for your survival.   If that makes you feel good, live your life.  But don't consider us equal.

Laughable.  You're aware that everything that you're accusing these people of you are doing just in the opposite sense right?
On a fundamental level your mode of operation is the exact same you just got a different valency 10

You think you don't depend on others for your survival?

Grow up.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Who will be the 2012 GOP Nominee?

Axlin16 wrote:

I think it's very obvious that Randall has a religion-like ideology about conservative fiscal ideas that just aren't gonna be argued or swayed in his mind.


He can give his story all he wants, but I highly doubt he's ever had it bad a day in his life (short of the stories he's shared on Evo).

I've never had alot of money in my pocket. I've lived in albums with no AC, no cable TV, no working TV, no books, one meal a deal, with parents with a busted down 30-year old Oldsmobile with no AC that broke down regularly.

I remember sharing one Whopper (when they were 99-cents) among three people, because that was all there was to eat for the day, and drinking tons of water, then throwing up because the body was starving that bad.


My life today is a dream compared to those days, but i'll never forget those experiences when I was very young. We grew into lower-middle class, but when I was young I remember being in poverty. Standing in lines for government food, because that was the way it was. Remembering that it felt better to get behind the table and hand it out, because it didn't feel so shameful.

So like whatever man... under Randall's logic, it's my parents fault for being poor who couldn't get an education because their parents who were dirt poor couldn't help them, who's parents were dirt poor, who's parents abandoned them and left them with their aunts and uncles and friends, etc.

Despite the fairy tale, Republican dream world that Randall lives in, most of us do not have equal odds.

Apparently in Randall's college education, he didn't even take the most basic Sociology course which within the first three weeks would've disproved every single thing that Randall believes with cold hard facts.

The facts are that throughout American history, no matter how many times the studies have been done, the numbers don't sway much.


97% of all people who are born into a social class in America... will die in that same social class. No matter how much clawing, scratching, saving, blood sweating, they do... won't change it.

Then considering the wealthiest 5% own pretty much 95% of production... I have no clue where he's living.


Do I believe that alot of people are babies, lazy, and try to live beyond their means? Yes. I know M-A-N-Y! Do I think that means that we live in a country where everyone is equal?

Hell no

Not a chance

The fact that the elite rich pay so little taxes if any, compared to the middle class is PROOF that it's not equal.

Randall defeats his own argument with his own defense.

misterID
 Rep: 473 

Re: Who will be the 2012 GOP Nominee?

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

No, i've heard your sob stories and they don't add up.  I don't blame Obama directly for the unemployment rate.  I do blame the Democratic party primarily because they're the ones behind the housing bubble.  Telling banks to give homes to poor black people or we'll call you racist.  That's the crux of it. 


Playing the victim is old and boring.  I'm tired of the excuses when the truth is people live beyond their means.  The definition of poverty in this nation is a joke.  Air Conditioning with cars and cable TV and full bellies.  If you're unable to take out a student loan because you realize you won't get great grades in college and major in something worthwhile, good for you.  But when you take out that loan for the party experience, no sympathy.  At the end of the day there's a recruiter within 10 miles of your location.  Signup and do 4 years and serve your country.  You'll get a decent paycheck, healthcare, shelter food and free college.  But it all comes back to sacrifice. 

Feeling sorry for yourself and coming up with every excuse why your situation is unique doesn't help.  I'm not going to increase my taxes to pay for you.  And when you demand others subsidize your comfort, you're not a free person at all.  You're entirely dependent on others for your survival.   If that makes you feel good, live your life.  But don't consider us equal.

Sob stories? No, it's reality. You're the one creating 'specific' scenerios to fit your argument.

If the republians theories are right about cutting the taxes of the rich to create job growth, then over the last ten years we should have seen employment skyrocket. We haven't. Guess what, the 1% have gotten richer, the wealth disparity is at an all time high, and unemployment has risen.

During the 90's, when the rich paid at a higher percent, where Obama wants it to go back to, nothing was stopping economic growth or investment for the 1%. Taking out the Bush tax cuts and adding tax incentives to companies who CAN hire right now to actually hire American workers RIGHT NOW and get the banks to loan money that they're sitting on, it would help a whole lot to get us out the rutt.

And I hate to break it to you, but the housing bubble happened under the republican controlled congress, presidency and senate. They didn't do anything to change it. And it was the degregulation, championed by republicans, that started it. The fault lies on the private sector: the reckless morgtage industry, predatory lenders who lied and deceived clients, investment bankers and investors who tried to "flip" homes (especially in Florida). And the big culprit: Alan Greenspan, and his deregulation agenda. He's on your side Randall. 84% of the subprime mogrtages came from THE PRIVATE SECTOR. The madated "give the blacks a loan or you're a racist" law contributed to a whopping: 6%. Sorry.

" If you're unable to take out a student loan because you realize you won't get great grades in college and major in something worthwhile, good for you.  But when you take out that loan for the party experience, no sympathy.  At the end of the day there's a recruiter within 10 miles of your location.  Signup and do 4 years and serve your country.  You'll get a decent paycheck, healthcare, shelter food and free college.  But it all comes back to sacrifice."

See, another made up, bullshit scenerio starring Randall Flagg.
 
Nobody is subsidizing "comfort" it's creating a safety net that allows people to stay alive. You're blaming people that have no control over their situation, yet your arguing that they do have control. You're arguing what you "think" their situations are.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Who will be the 2012 GOP Nominee?

Axlin16 wrote:

I took out a student loan, and made good grades and passed my classes... but I walked away from school, and I owe on that loan. Why did I walk away?

Because colleges tricked me (yeah that's right) into a degree with ABSOLUTELY NO JOB PROSPECTS, claiming all these numbers and showing me all this shit how versitile it was and how it could go here and go there.

They then got my money, and I worked hard. And I passed.

Then I find out half way into the degree -- they lied.

Where's my justice?

I know NUMEROUS college students and grads from my generation with the same experience. I knew several friends that were forced to change their degree in their senior year (after all the money spent), and go back to being sophomores, because the degree that were enticed into getting and told it had a future, suddenly didn't have a future.

Now not only will those same colleges make money for ONE student, on a FULL degree, but also another 50% more.

I also knew several students who went to schools that awarded them true, real deal, full Associate's degrees. Then transferred to Universities, which pretty much all of them would only acknowledge like 35% of their transfer credits.

So the student is set back and has to repeat all those same credit hours again in order to finish.


And all the colleges and banks and lenders do is...


Cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching


But i'm sure it's their fault, they were too busy partying.

I wasn't, I was bustin' ass. And not in a good way.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Who will be the 2012 GOP Nominee?

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Telling banks to give homes to poor black people or we'll call you racist.  That's the crux of it.

Really? Nobody forced banks or told them what to do. They took part in these loans because they MADE MONEY, that's why.

Besides, we had a GOP congress for 12 years, 6 of which were with W. If these loans were so bad, then why didn't the GOP put forth some sort of legislation to cut it out? The reality is that the majority of these loans were provided by Wall Street backed "loan companies" who did nothing more than sell them immediately after processing the mortgages. Nobody told these firms to do this, they did it because they made billions of dollars.

polluxlm
 Rep: 216 

Re: Who will be the 2012 GOP Nominee?

polluxlm wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Telling banks to give homes to poor black people or we'll call you racist.  That's the crux of it.

Really? Nobody forced banks or told them what to do. They took part in these loans because they MADE MONEY, that's why.

Besides, we had a GOP congress for 12 years, 6 of which were with W. If these loans were so bad, then why didn't the GOP put forth some sort of legislation to cut it out? The reality is that the majority of these loans were provided by Wall Street backed "loan companies" who did nothing more than sell them immediately after processing the mortgages. Nobody told these firms to do this, they did it because they made billions of dollars.

Yes, and? What's the next page?

polluxlm
 Rep: 216 

Re: Who will be the 2012 GOP Nominee?

polluxlm wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

No, i've heard your sob stories and they don't add up.  I don't blame Obama directly for the unemployment rate.  I do blame the Democratic party primarily because they're the ones behind the housing bubble.  Telling banks to give homes to poor black people or we'll call you racist.  That's the crux of it.

And what are you going to say when the GOP keeps those laws? Like they have been for the last 100 years? Sure, they complain now. But when they get in a position to do something about it, will they? Are we taking bets? If we are, I'm all in.

Playing the victim is old and boring.  I'm tired of the excuses when the truth is people live beyond their means.  The definition of poverty in this nation is a joke.  Air Conditioning with cars and cable TV and full bellies.  If you're unable to take out a student loan because you realize you won't get great grades in college and major in something worthwhile, good for you.  But when you take out that loan for the party experience, no sympathy.  At the end of the day there's a recruiter within 10 miles of your location.  Signup and do 4 years and serve your country.  You'll get a decent paycheck, healthcare, shelter food and free college.  But it all comes back to sacrifice.

You're the one to speak, being that you're over there risking your life for banker greed. A real American is at home, providing for his family, ready to defend his liberty, by all means necessary. Not in a foreign country supporting a swiss banker war for domination. Yeah sure, you're out there working, but for who?   

Feeling sorry for yourself and coming up with every excuse why your situation is unique doesn't help.  I'm not going to increase my taxes to pay for you.  And when you demand others subsidize your comfort, you're not a free person at all.  You're entirely dependent on others for your survival.   If that makes you feel good, live your life.  But don't consider us equal.

I feel that. I do. But then, why are you giving your money to those people? That's passing the buck too. I don't pay no tax, and I never will. I may risk jail (and I've already been there), but I won't risk my soul.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Who will be the 2012 GOP Nominee?

Axlin16 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

You're the one to speak, being that you're over there risking your life for banker greed. A real American is at home, providing for his family, ready to defend his liberty, by all means necessary. Not in a foreign country supporting a swiss banker war for domination. Yeah sure, you're out there working, but for who?

16atpjd.jpg

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB