You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: i cut my hair

Neemo wrote:

been growing it for about 10 months was down past my shoulders....chopped it off today

not dure how to feel about it yet 16

Long hair didnt have the same novelty as it did when i was 20 i can tell you that 14

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah long hair is a love or hate it thing.

I have long hair and a crazy beard and at times I just want to get out the sissors and a shaver....lol....but then most of the time I like having it....so it's always a dilemma.

I find the older I get the more people see it as wierd that I have long hair too. Apparently it makes me some kind of a hippy or a drunk. lol.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Damn man. No good. I have long hair as well, About a year and 4 months worth and love it. Ladies dig it so I dig it. 16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well most people thought it looked good, or so they told me, the Wife was givin me a hard time though...my wife my parents, her parents

was called a hippie and a drunk and had a few pot references thrown my way too 16

my youngest daughter cried when i came home with it all chopped off 16

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Haha. I hear that. Grow it back and use the daughter crying as an excuse for you not to cut it again.  16

I get some looks but never any comments. But I get a steady does of hippie, jesus, bum, hair jokes etc from my friends.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I guess i ask for it with a beard as well...but seriously like every few days people yell out "jesus" at me....sometimes people have gone as far as to fall at my feet and pretend to pray - and this is strangers on the street....(aussie sense of humour I guess).

Last time was the best...I'm at a shopping centre (mall to you usa folk) and I'm on the escalator going upward...someone on the opposite down one yells to me:

"Jesus...it's Jesus"

So I yell back at the top of my voice

"Bless you my Child"

But he's not done...he yells back:

"But I don't even believe in you"

So i called back:

"I forggggggiiiiiveeeeeee you..."

At this point I was at the top of the escellator and so many people were staring that I decided to walk away pretty quick!

As for the ladies. I find it's a paradox. Most girls I meet will tell me that I should shave or that in general when asked women say they dislike facial hair. But then I know that since I had a lot of hair I get around 3 times the amount of romantic experiences than I ever did in my shaven state. Although I'm not bragging I'm no stud that's for sure. But still, i think maybe it's a case of what they actually like vs what they think they like wink

Although it could be false advertising, maybe I look interesting this way, then after a while they notice I'm just a massive massive geek who happens to also have a beard.. yikes That could be the issue too...as I find having hair and a beard will help you pick up...but keeping girls long term...much harder...so yeah...can't really say how to approach your wife neemo!!! I like BLS' plan though...got to keep the daughter happy wink

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

the funniest though is my wife bitching at her freinds that i wont cut my hair and they ask her why she wanted me to cut it cuz they thought it looked good... 14 she was like "who asked you anyway?"

well maybe i'll start growing it again in the new year...or maybe not i dunno..in alot of ways long hair is a pain

i could care less what peopel say or think tbh but it was a bit of a big deal for me to get it cut...on one hand i was done with it on the other i was sad to see it go....the look on the woman at the hairdresser barber place was funny..."you here to get your daughters hair cut?" No me..."you just want a trim?" nah get rid of it all "you sure" lol took about 15-20 minutes jt for her to start cutting it and we went right down to a #2 on the clippers

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I always loved my hair long and I was one of the lucky ones who actually had really good hair for a dude. Girls loved it, guys wished they had it 14 I'm not kidding. Comppliments all the time. I cut it all off late 2004 just for a change. I never grew it long again although between 2004- 2007 I'd grow it out to Tom Cruise in the last samuri length then chop it off and repeat. BUT sadly between late 2007-2009 I noticed  I was starting to lose my hair.  In the spring of 2009 I tried something I had never done since like grade 4. I cut my hair super sort. Liek the short wher the barber just uses the clipers pretty much. I liked it but I wanted to grow my hair back so I did and by Christmas 2009 I realized I was never gonna be able to again. The hair line had receited in what seemed like an overnight fashion.   It was sad and for the last two years I've been watcing my hairline to make sure it doesnt' just disapear altogether. It hasn't moved much since but it's not suitable for grwing longhair anymore.

That's my sad hair story.  If I could have the head of hair I had when I was 15- 24 again I'd do it in a  heartbeat.  Like if I had one wish to change anything about my physical apperace that's what I'd ask for.  My hair from when I was..... 21  14

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

My hair is in it's prime, gotta let the mane grow. If and when I settle I will chop em off.

Sorry for your loss Bono. That must be a tough thing, hopefully I don't share the same fate 16

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

My hair is in it's prime, gotta let the mane grow. If and when I settle I will chop em off.

Sorry for your loss Bono. That must be a tough thing, hopefully I don't share the same fate 16

haha yeah dude it sucks. I mean I'm far from bald and still have a decent head of hair it's just the hairline up front isn't suited for good looking long hair anymore.  It's sad though looking at old pictures thinking wow I looked fuckig cool with long hair 14

I'll pray for hair longevity for all of you

Board footer