You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Guns N Roses OFFICIALLY inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

-D- wrote:

After my Nashville show, i can honestly say I love this lineup

but come on.... one original tour/reunion

FUCK I'd give 3 years of my life to see that

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

the feud between slash and axl has lasted over a decade and axl was calling slash a cancer, was it, just 2 years ago???

all im saying is , yes, a performance would be epic but.........

a civil union to accept the award is a big step for these guys and all involved would probably be content with that for now.

if im wrong, great.

just dont suggest people getting their hopes up.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Brett wrote:

Link to this statement?

It was on Trunks XM Show from what I understand. I'm sure it'll be out on many news sites very soon.

I taped the show tonight but haven't listened to it yet.  I can try and upload the GNR discussion points to youtube if people want to hear them maybe tomorrow.  If someone else doesn't do it first of course.

And I agree, if they ALL show up that's awesome.  And I actually think they will.  The big question is, what happens next?  I'd LOVE a performance.  Would be absolutely killer.  But them just being onstage together is a great thing by itself.

I was thinking today though, I've never seen Slash live, or any of the original guys (minus Axl of course) for that matter.  So it'll be cool just to see all the guys in the flesh.  Again, them performing would blow my fucking mind.  But let's just take it one step at a time.

faldor

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I almost tweeted that to faldor immediately when I read that he got tickets, lol. I was gonna be like "OK, well I guess I'm meant to be home receiving texts from you and updating the board" but I don't want faldor to be under any pressure to send updates if he'd rather just enjoy the event, which I think I would do.

I'd like to say I'll gladly send updates but I don't want to commit to that 100%.  I never thought I'd be able to send updates at a concert because it'd detract from my enjoyment, but I did so this year and I quite enjoyed doing so.  So as long as I'm in that same frame of mind, it shouldn't be a problem.  We've got some time though.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

If they perform, I feel bad for the other inductees. Talk about stealing the show.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I just find it hard to believe that Axl wouldn't perform as Guns N' Roses at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.  Many people see the institution as a joke, but I don't think Axl is among those.  He seems to think it is quite the honor for the fans, the band, and for himself.  So I can't see him sitting on the sidelines while the rest of the guys perform with somebody else.  It just wouldn't make sense.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

I just find it hard to believe that Axl wouldn't perform as Guns N' Roses at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.  Many people see the institution as a joke, but I don't think Axl is among those.  He seems to think it is quite the honor for the fans, the band, and for himself.  So I can't see him sitting on the sidelines while the rest of the guys perform with somebody else.  It just wouldn't make sense.

It would be one of the most pathetic things to see in the history of the Rock Hall. Seriously fucking lame to see anyone other than Axl Rose singing Guns N' Roses songs for their induction.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

What would be incredibly fucking lame is if Axl tries to push the current band out there to perform GN'R tunes, while the rest sit and watch.

It would be the epic fail of the rock history, and frankly I think DJ, Ron, Richard, and Tommy at least would all refuse to do it. Yes, I truely believe they have that much pride and respect. Even they wouldn't want to do it imo.

Bottom line is i'm glad to hear everyone seems to be cool right now. Now if Slash could get Steven to shut the fuck up and stop finger poking Axl in the press about a reunion, you might get Axl in a good mood and something special.

I'd be happy to see them all being nice to each other and at least accepting the award together with Axl & Slash on the same stage.

But I can't help but to think that if they don't take this opportunity to reunite, if just for one night only... it'll never ever happen.

It was obviously never about the money.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Anyone who thinks the HOF is  lame is ignorant IMO *no Offense to anybody here*

Just get so sick of people trying to down  something so amazing. What next? MLB HOF is meaningless? NFL HOF etc?

Just because you may not know or like someone in particular, doesn't mean they aren't worthy. People are so incapable of taking their personal feelings out of the equation. I absolutely love Warrant and Skid Row but they are far from being Rock Hall worthy.

Biggest Kiss fan on these GNR forums I'd bet and if u strip them down alone to just the music.. They are borderline HOF at best.

Please. I love how people sit back and shit on other people's accomplishments. Rock N Roll HOF is a HUGE fucking deal. Axl looked like he wanted to smack Eddie when he started talking shit bout it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think most of the credible people who slam the Rock Hall is the fact that the existance of a Rock Hall is the absolute opposite of pure artistic expression.

How can art, be art, if you have an exclusive club which puts certain art over others?

I think that's what the smart ones are getting at, and I can see that.

But ultimately it's a pointless argument. There's no reason to shit on the fact people love you and you're accomplishments. You just look like a tool.

Board footer