You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Steven Adler on a Guns N' Roses Hall of Fame Reunion

-D- wrote:

Id say Axl is extremely intelligent. Entire time he was out of the spotlight, i bet he was well read and learned a lot of things.

like Mike Tyson.. people think he is this brainless psycho boxer but he is actually very well read and highly intelligent.

AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

I still think Steven will say something stupid that blows any chance of a gig happening. He was almost there here.

Maybe he has just said it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

When he talked about a "final" show instead of a reunion, that helped him out a bit.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

When he talked about a "final" show instead of a reunion, that helped him out a bit.

True but he also mentioned touring the world as well so.... 14

For Steven's sake I think he should stop talking publicly between now and then. He's more likley to ruin things than he is to help things.  Leave the politicing and diplomacy to Duff.

Imagine if Slash just publicly said "I'd love to play with Axl"  Win/Win for everyone.... except Axl if he wasn't down with it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Axl would know that's where Steven's head is. But if Steven kept talking about one, final show and that's it. That would probably help out the situation. I just hope Axl gets some encouragement from people to do this.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I feel sad for Steven that he seemingly hasn't moved past 1990. He still seems MAJORLY hung up over that whole ordeal. And I think it's because he internally blames himself, then projects that onto Axl.

The only reason Steven suddenly turned on Axl is because he just broke bread with Slash a couple days ago, and obviously the Rock Hall thing came up, Eddie Trunk, TMS, and the current situation, and it's obvious that Slash & Steven want badly for the whole thing to come together.

I frankly don't know WHAT THE FUCK Steven is talking about in regards to Axl's response on the Hall. What I remember, granted I wasn't a drummer in Guns N' Roses (at least I don't remember the period from 1997-1999, so maybe), but what I do know is Axl told Eddie, If the Rock Hall was good enough for Elton John, it was good enough for him.

GN'R are not a Sex Pistols-type of band who will tell the Hall to bug off. Most likely Pearl Jam will do it too.

Something tells me that if Axl in his good spirits came out tomorrow and said "wow that's wonderful, i'll be first in line, hope Slash is there!! xoxo luv Axl" on his Twitter... Steven would be sucking Axl's cock in seconds.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I feel sad for Steven that he seemingly hasn't moved past 1990. He still seems MAJORLY hung up over that whole ordeal. And I think it's because he internally blames himself, then projects that onto Axl.

The only reason Steven suddenly turned on Axl is because he just broke bread with Slash a couple days ago, and obviously the Rock Hall thing came up, Eddie Trunk, TMS, and the current situation, and it's obvious that Slash & Steven want badly for the whole thing to come together.

I frankly don't know WHAT THE FUCK Steven is talking about in regards to Axl's response on the Hall. What I remember, granted I wasn't a drummer in Guns N' Roses (at least I don't remember the period from 1997-1999, so maybe), but what I do know is Axl told Eddie, If the Rock Hall was good enough for Elton John, it was good enough for him.

GN'R are not a Sex Pistols-type of band who will tell the Hall to bug off. Most likely Pearl Jam will do it too.

Something tells me that if Axl in his good spirits came out tomorrow and said "wow that's wonderful, i'll be first in line, hope Slash is there!! xoxo luv Axl" on his Twitter... Steven would be sucking Axl's cock in seconds.

Agree with everything you said.  I had the same reaction to Axl's response on TMS.  He still seems quite honored at being able to induct Elton John back in the day and seemed honored at the prospect of getting in himself as a part of GNR.  Maybe he was noncommittal in his answer because he didn't want to jump the gun at the time.  Meanwhile Steven was already writing his speech, which I can't wait to hear.

Plus, Axl's tweet last night confirms he thinks it's a great honor.  I just can't see him not showing up.  Who knows what will happen from there, or what rules and regulations will need to be met.  But with each passing day it looks better and better that the original 5 will be there to accept.  And that's all we can hope for.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I agree...but then I also think he's human you know. I mean he grew up with Slash - two fucked up kids who dreamed of being rockstars..then they made it happen...then he fucked it up....honest to god I don't think I'd ever get over it either.

Especially cos I hold fault in EVERYONE in GNR...no saints in this band...so if you are steven you can spend a life time blaming yourself for your drugs, or slash for not having your back, or Axl for his ways, or managment but then you know you are a junkie...it's a headfuck.

misterID wrote:

Agreed...although as a fan...a one-off show is semi-pointless to me. What will it achieve? They will play songs they have done thousands of times before except 25 years on - and there's always the risk that the pressure causes Steve to get on drugs, or Axl's having a bad night with his new voice...or something goes wrong...making one night of anything in GNR land is risky...as you don't know which band you'll get - sometimes they're the best of all time, but other nights it just doesn't take.

I think if any reunion happens it will be one-off shows - as that way Izzy doesnt have to comit to much, Slash doesn't have to spend a lifetime worrying about how Axl may not show up, and Axl can minimise exposure in general and keep himself in the zone....but as a fan I'd love to see them record rather than do anything else....in the studio there will be none of the "maybe it wont work that night" factor...and it would create something new and timeless that's eventually far more valuable than a boot of a new show would be. But that won't happen!

Bono wrote:

I've always gotten the psuedo intellect vibe from Axl.   I'm not saying Axl's a dummy but I just dont' but this "extremely intelligent" thing that others seem to think. And given his history of how things have been dealt with I can't help but think the guy is just of average intelligence who happens to have money and  be in a position of authority surrounded by a lot of "yes men"

I dunno.. to me the way things go down in GNR land makes me wonder if he's one of those people who's insane-smart. Like in straight intelligence IQ he'd get a seriously good result, but then fails at lots of normal regular things. I have several friends like that - can't cross the street but can do advanced math, or they can write amazing things but burn down their own house because they didn't consider it was a bad idea to leave 1000 candles on while going to the movies. That sort of thing.

I guess i think in his interviews I see a person who is highly measured and analytical and particular about his meanings, and then I listen to his lyrics and for the most part I see them as quite sophisticated articticly. Sure there's the rant songs or whatever...but there's also a deep thinking and really facinating perspective that runs through GNR works...and to me it's only something that an intelligent person would write.

So to me, he's a very smart man - who also has an emotional side that causes him to sometimes act in ways that make it seem like he isn't.

But of course I don't know him...that's just what i percieve from his music and his interviews.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I agree pretty much with what your'e saying, except for not the Pearl jam thing. I may have taken this the wrong way but are you saying PJ would snub the RRHOF ala the Sex Pistols or they'd go in like Gn'R? I think they'd go in. If it's good enough for Bruce Springsteen and Neil Young I think Pearl Jam will go in and accept it graciously. They are going in for sure at some point.

As for Steven I think you're totally right about him holding onto being kicked out and given what's on the line or his state of mind on any given day his opinions will reflect that.   I can see why the guy would feel the way he does, although it's not healthy to hang onto shit for so long but he did wake up one day being kicked out of the best rock band ever.  And given his state he probably never saw it coming and probably coudln't comprehend it all that well at the time. I'd imagine as the years passed more and more regret over the situation built up for him.  And the things with addicts is the biggest thing that inhibits them from ever moving forward is regret and resentment.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I can't wait to here Adlers speech that is going to be comedy gold.  i am willing to bet $20 that he thanks Dr Drew 16

Board footer