You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: gunsnroses.com (Merch store now open, SALE!)

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it was a minimalist package with not much between the standard and the bonus membership or whatever...but that said...it's great they're finally doing something like that.

To be honest the key features that are important to me are going to be - access to the band - chats and so on - video streams if they keep doing it - and priority tickets. Which all seem to be covered.

I've been a member of megadeth's club a lot in the past and they do a lot of online chats and keep fans informed via the club and that's what makes it cool.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I thought I would join up today $50 it only a cartoon of beer \nn/ looks alright

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

A) That U2 package is SWEET
B) I'm glad to see some others thinking/saying "it's a start"

I can't explain why, but I really feel like this year is "the start" of some good times for the fans finally. It seems to me that Axl's in the best mood he's ever been in on a consistent basis, the band is firing on all cylinders, they're doing the best shows they've ever done, they're getting positive review after positive review... then on top of all of that, they have a "real" website now. All those things are finally pointing towards moving in the right direction.

Yeah, that's why I decided to join.  With the HOPES this whole "moving in the right direction" thing will continue.  They HAVE made large strides over the last few years, so there's reason to be somewhat hopeful.

I wonder what they'll offer next year when the subscriptions run out.  Like monkey alluded to, the only difference between the standard and premium memberships is a T-shirt that none of us has seen yet.  What next year?  Another T-shirt?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Not to harp on it but that's why I have zero issue ever renewing my membership with U2. The last three years have been exclusive fanclub album releases(B-Sides & rareities, Artificial Horizon[cd and vinyl], & U22). That's fucking cool. Hopefully Gn'R will release some kind of live package or imagine they released a B-sides type album of  unreleased Chinese Democracy era material exclusively for members.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm gonna sign up for the free deal in the next few minutes...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Pictures of the "exclusive" package to fanclub members have surfaced.  Let's just say, people are freaking out over on that board.  I'm sure people will find this funny, sad, typical, expected, etc.

https://twitter.com/#!/groundctrl/statu … 08/photo/1

ArbJhtDCEAAahzd.jpg

Obviously the major complaints are that there is nothing "exclusive" about this package.  All the items, save the AFD t-shirt, were included in the Chinese Democracy boxset apparently.  And an AFD t-shirt?  Seriously?  What mixed messages are they trying to send us here?  Aren't we supposed to be moving on?

Don't get me wrong, I actually own none of this stuff, so I'll take it.  But the whole principle of the thing seems a bit off to me.  I've refrained from saying that the membership hasn't been worth it to this point, but it hasn't.  And this doesn't exactly tip the scales either.  To those who held off forking over the money, BRAVO!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

14 real exclusive content.

What a piece of shit.  Appetite shirt anybody.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Isn't Slash's likeness on that shirt?  So Axl has issues with Canter over his book, but is fine with his fan club sending out an AFD t-shirt as part of an "exclusive" package...interesting.

Board footer