You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: gunsnroses.com (Merch store now open, SALE!)

-D- wrote:

Yeah now I'd love to have that shirt.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I WANT IT! They may have redeemed themselves for now! Hopefully better merch like this comes out soon! Then I may decide to re-apply for an account and a membership.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

There are still a lot of questions to be answered.  It sounds like members who want the new shirt will have to exchange the shirt they were originally sent.  That seems a bit strange to me.  Why not let us have both shirts, then everyone is happy.  Instead, people are pissed at something else now.  I'm sure they don't want to have to pay the extra shipping charges, but it's not OUR fault they screwed the pooch on this one.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

I'm probably one of the only people here who isn't really a fan of the shirt. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either, not my style I guess

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:

There are still a lot of questions to be answered.  It sounds like members who want the new shirt will have to exchange the shirt they were originally sent.  That seems a bit strange to me.  Why not let us have both shirts, then everyone is happy.  Instead, people are pissed at something else now.  I'm sure they don't want to have to pay the extra shipping charges, but it's not OUR fault they screwed the pooch on this one.

Next time you'll need give back your AFD CD to buy CD II. tongue

Anyway, this T-shirt is looking really good. One of the best GN'R merch ever. cool

Me_Wise_Magic

russtcb wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

I'm probably one of the only people here who isn't really a fan of the shirt. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either, not my style I guess

Let me put it this way; I like it a SHIT TON more than an afd shirt.

Oh definitely. it's a step in the right direction

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Here's my thing. They could have given out literally ANYTHING but an AFD shirt and had room to spin it.

It honestly would've been better to just have left a shirt out if the AFD one was all they had to give. I almost bought that CD Gift Set just to get the stuff in it so I would've been let down, but not flat out mad like I am over the AFD shirt.

The best part is that people on htgth are going on about how this isn't GN'R's fault. They're finding a way to put it on GroundCTRL. Make no mistake, that company is passing out exactly what they were given by GN'R "management". What else could be the case? They went to Hot Topic and got a smokin' deal on AFD shirts and decided to hand them out as exclusives?

I really believe that what happened here is that "management" looked at what was laying around, threw it all in a box and said "fuck it, unload it on the die-hards, they'll eat this shit up". Now they're caught, as evidenced on the official forum and probably won't do anything about it.

I've never believed that the Lebeis' ever actually liked GN'R fans and to me, treatment like this makes it obvious. And if you ask me, it goes to show that they don't really care about Axl or his vision. Why on Earth would they think it's ok to pass out shirts with the likeness of 5 guys (one of which being 'The Cancer') who Axl has such a thing against?

To me this answer is plain and simple: they just don't give a shit about anything except that the money is coming in. What a shame.

WHAT?

94157742.jpg

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Next time you'll need give back your AFD CD to buy CD II. tongue

I had almost forgotten that I had a package coming my way.

I signed up for a membership mainly to support the band. Had I gotten an AFD-shirt, well... my old one is starting to fade anyway. But I agree with what others have said. It did strike me as a bit odd, considering the whole "moving forward" mentality that they are trying to convince the world of...

But that new one is WAY better!

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Here's my thing. They could have given out literally ANYTHING but an AFD shirt and had room to spin it.

It honestly would've been better to just have left a shirt out if the AFD one was all they had to give. I almost bought that CD Gift Set just to get the stuff in it so I would've been let down, but not flat out mad like I am over the AFD shirt.

The best part is that people on htgth are going on about how this isn't GN'R's fault. They're finding a way to put it on GroundCTRL. Make no mistake, that company is passing out exactly what they were given by GN'R "management". What else could be the case? They went to Hot Topic and got a smokin' deal on AFD shirts and decided to hand them out as exclusives?

I really believe that what happened here is that "management" looked at what was laying around, threw it all in a box and said "fuck it, unload it on the die-hards, they'll eat this shit up". Now they're caught, as evidenced on the official forum and probably won't do anything about it.

I've never believed that the Lebeis' ever actually liked GN'R fans and to me, treatment like this makes it obvious. And if you ask me, it goes to show that they don't really care about Axl or his vision. Why on Earth would they think it's ok to pass out shirts with the likeness of 5 guys (one of which being 'The Cancer') who Axl has such a thing against?

To me this answer is plain and simple: they just don't give a shit about anything except that the money is coming in. What a shame.

regarding the bottom part of your post. I agree. There definitely is a certain disdain and hostility on their part towards a large portion of the Gnr audience. I also think they have drawn a line in the sand now and don't care to try and make amends with the Slash side of the fanbase. Which begs the question, why don't they try to convince Axl to go out on his own and start his own hardcore fanbase? The answer, Gnr brand simply will make more money which in turn, lines their pockets.

Board footer