You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: gunsnroses.com (Merch store now open, SALE!)

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I wasn't insinuating I wanted to close the site or that I was taking a permanent vacation. Would NEVER do that until the last Evo member had jumped ship. Known most of you for years and consider you all friends even though we've never met.

I wondered what happened to you. Hope everything is cool with you, hope to see you back regularly.

I haven't listened to AFD in years. Only SCOM when it comes on the radio. I've listened to UYI much much more in the last ten years, but that's rare. Since the demos came out, CD has been the only thing I've played of GN'R besides Live Era, not too long ago.

I can listen to it straight through, I have different favorites at different times. The only weak link to me is R&B.

Really digging Jack White right now.

Stadium Arcadium was the worst RHCP album, imo. The last album was better, but not anything great. It's funny how music strikes different people.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Quality over Quantity

Wish I had switched to here full time a long long time ago.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

shacklers seems to have gone from bottom of the list to one of my favorites over time.

itw, catcher, twat, and madagascar are still my favorites but im sick of all of them.

the album is too polished to hit you in the balls permanently

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I don't listen to CD at all anymore. I don't think I've had it on in over a year. In fact I'm burned out hardcore on GNR. I was listening to a lot of UYI before I put them on standby.

I had gone through an era from say 1995-2000 where I didn't listen to Guns at all. I loved them, but was burned out. Then in 2000 I picked up a used copy of AFD and blasted my eardrums out in my car for the next week.

Maybe I'll take another 4 years off and love them that much more again. But for now...I'm listening to everything BUT them. If I were to, CD would be my absolute last pick of the bunch.

Lomax wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I wasn't insinuating I wanted to close the site or that I was taking a permanent vacation. Would NEVER do that until the last Evo member had jumped ship. Known most of you for years and consider you all friends even though we've never met.

Just wanted to state that I'm not interested in 21st century GNR even though they do provide a few good laughs, especially when they say they've "moved on". These guys could show up in my backyard and start jamming and I'd shut the windows and close the shades. Will still post here in the other sections and maybe this section from time to time. Haven't posted much in the past few months due to personal reasons, not my lack of interest in the site here. Love the community here. Best one on the net IMO and the size queens that have whined over the years about it not being as big as mygnr or HTGTH can take a long walk off a short pier.

Shame bro. You'll be missed. Soundgarden threads it is then!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I give all GNR new and old a flogging on a regular basics just made a new dual layered dvd with 25 live performances from new and old gnr 9:mosh: i love the shit

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Speaking again on the Off-GN'R sections;

I recommend that every one hit the "Show New Posts Since Last Visit" button in the lower right corner as soon as they log in every time (if you're not already doing so).

I try to post new topics daily in The Black Hole, The Garden and Hollywood Blvd. If you do the "...new posts..." option, you'll see all of them as they pop up. I try to scrounge up stories I think our user base would be interested in or at least be able to have a good discussion on.

bring non gnr topics ot the top of the page?????

how funny would it be to have a gnr forum with gnr being the secondary topic/s

newbies would be stunned to come to the site and first see a thread on under water basket weaving

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I wondered what happened to you. Hope everything is cool with you, hope to see you back regularly.

I haven't listened to AFD in years. Only SCOM when it comes on the radio. I've listened to UYI much much more in the last ten years, but that's rare. Since the demos came out, CD has been the only thing I've played of GN'R besides Live Era, not too long ago.

I can listen to it straight through, I have different favorites at different times. The only weak link to me is R&B.

Really digging Jack White right now.

Stadium Arcadium was the worst RHCP album, imo. The last album was better, but not anything great. It's funny how music strikes different people.

Just to keep piling on, I can't stress enough how I think this is HANDS DOWN the BEST user base out of all GN'R forums.

Also, if you didn't see it yet ID, we're having a good Jack discussion here:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=11701&p=2

I just want to say that it truely means alot to be apart of something, that even a measely message board, that when the shit hits the fans, that pretty much everyone universally holds GN'R Evo in that high regard.

Kudos to all over the years over the intelligent, comical, logical, emotional, passionate, from all across the Globe for making this place one of the best.

Give yourself all a special hand....

Then after that, clap. 22

P.S.

And a very special kudos to DCK for a few pages back, basically staring down Lofton (in a brotherly sort of way) to make all of us see how fucking stupid we look. I swear the Sweed is getting damn near perfect at it.

Board footer