You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: The Forum - Inglewood, CA 12/21/11

Gibbo wrote:

hey axl it says in a few short hour the concert will be available then you will be able to use that internet download manger program to upload it 22

johndivney wrote:

haha ^ awesome

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Damn, just saw on twitter that they opened up the stream for free during the encore, but I was too late. Damn!

Nonetheless, cool of them to do that for the fans! 9

This show didn't fit well with me, due to timedifference, work etc etc.

I'm gonna have to try and catch the stream of the 30th show in Vegas!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Ill upload it to you tube tonight hopefully smile ill put the link on hear

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Review comments:

Performance of the night: Civil War
--- Total throwback performance. The band nailed it on all accounts. Axl's '92 rasp on the song was there, and when it wasn't he was still on-key clean. The best performance of the night. Jungle, Shackler's Revenge & KOHD are runners up.

Abortion of the night: Sorry
--- The song title says it all. I've heard Axl do FARRRRRR better, live and on YouTube.

Overall: Mixed show
--- Although pound-for-pound better than Rio IV (the band's last pro-shot live show), the show suffered from sore inconsistencies. Chinese Democracy was a terrible clusterfuck, yet Welcome To The Jungle followed up with a performance rivaling anything the legacy of the band had to offer.

It's So Easy was a solid performance, with Mr. Brownstone seeming a tad 2002.

Sorry was a complete failure, then the band rebounds with a CD-quality live performance of Shackler's Revenge, with Axl & Ron taking your balls and shoving them down your own throat.

Estranged has been better, but was a solid 2011 performance of the song, then Rocket Queen was weak.

Live and Let Die rebounded a tad as a strong 2002 performance, with sustained screams.

Suddenly the band gets in front with Axl with more helium and hints of rasp, still nailing a beautiful rendition of This I Love, with DJ Ashba smoking and kicking Robin Finck's ass at the same time.

Tommy Stinson kept the energy going with a great performance of his solo song "Motivation" that would make the punk rock gods proud.

And GN'R forum nerds "geeked the fuck out" at a 2002 "The Blues" throwback performance of Street of Dreams, featuring heavier guitars with the piano backing them, quite possibly the best live SOD performance since 2002.

You Could Be Mine actually improved upon from the 2011 shows, reaching higher from 2002 and to a 2006-styled performance vocally from Axl.

Sweet Child O' Mine started of "new band" enough, but seemed to get sloppier from the mid-way point.

November Rain was a fantastic performance from a 2006 standpoint, and Don't Cry & Whole Lotta Rosie were strong too.

Civil War stole the show with a 1992 throwback performance that would've made Slash proud (maybe).

Knockin' On Heaven's Door, despite feeling like 21 minutes long was surprisingly strong for a new band performance of the song, and remained entertaining.

Nightrain unfortunately was a bit sloppy and featuring a winded 2002 Axl, and made me check out before the encore.

Madagascar came and started off very strong then DJ Ashba (I think, I was in another room) absolutely raped the solo at knife point and destroyed the song. One of the worst performances of the song i've ever heard.

Better was also increasingly weak with a winded Axl, making even my throat tight. DJ also seemed to play it rather sloppy.

I forgot they even played Patience (which shows you what that song means to me in 2011), and Paradise City started strong then flatlined.

So like I said... a mixed show.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

The crowd was kinda dead. But I have to disagree about "Sorry". I think Axl sounded great on it.

In the three decades I have seen Axl perform, this was as strong as he has ever been. Wow. The band is just the most cohesive unit of all the CD era lineups. I'll add more later, but that was amazing.

Ali

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Glad you had a great time, and yes I do believe without a doubt this is the most cohesive the band has ever been post-1993.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
gibbo wrote:

Ill upload it to you tube tonight hopefully smile ill put the link on hear

Thanx a lot!!  22

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

wtf. I just logged on...there was a live stream tonight? Damn! I've missed all the action!

imsorry wrote:

Plz who gonna download the stream get the highest quality available!PLZ ,thank you!

Board footer