You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Forum - Inglewood, CA 12/21/11

johndivney wrote:

don't link r it'll get taken down..

.. r maybe gibbo'll get a job w gnr?????

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

i don't read htgth. surprised they haven't issued cease & desist must be the new management

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

part 2 will be finished upload in 2 hour

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Shes all done enjoy

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
gibbo wrote:

Heres the download for the show enjoy http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 28#p218628

Thanks very much.

My girlfriend and I took some cool pictures from the show.  I'm still figuring out how to upload them.

All I can say was that I was stunned by the show.  What may not be apparent unless you are at the show is that Axl still attacks the songs with a ferocity that is in my opinion unmatched by any frontman today.  He attacked WTTJ and LALD vocally.  His screams on LALD made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. 

What really impressed me was how strong Axl's vocals were.  I know that not all like the clean vocal tone he has now, but I love it.  He added some rasp for "Madagascar" in the encore.  My girlfriend, who also grew up singing, was impressed by the strength and power of Axl's voice, his vibrato and how long he could hold notes.  Not only that, but the way he was able to maintain vocal integrity while moving across the stage.  He commands the stage, the entire stage, as much as ever.  Highlights for me included "Better", "Estranged", "Civil War" and "This I Love".  "Don't Cry" and "November Rain" were amazing as well.

I loved all the guitar player's solos.  I was happy that DJ played "Ballad of Death" as it is an indication of his ability to write and play beautiful and melodic guitar parts.  DJ's stage presence is fantastic, too.  He is confident and commanding on stage, and plays with a ton of energy.  Richard's "James Bond" solo kicked ass and really showed off his playing ability.  I also really loved the lead parts he played during KOHD.  BBF showed yet again why he is such a stunningly talented guitar player.  His lead guitar playing was spot on all night and his Pink Panther solo was surprisingly impressive and energetic.

I was grateful to hear Tommy and the band do "Motivation" as I love Tommy's solo work and that song in particular.  It was awesome.

I really liked Frank's sense of groove, in particular the groove he created on "Mr. Brownstone" and "Rocket Queen".  He's closer to Adler than Sorum in his sense of groove on the songs.

What else is there to say other than this is an amazing band.  Yes, BAND.  They are a cohesive, well-oiled machine, and I can only hope that Axl takes this band into the studio as he says to capitalize on the impressive energy and synergy this band has.

Thank you Guns N' Roses for the best show I've seen from any era of the band I've witnessed, from 1992 to 2001 and to 2006.

Ali

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah Frank's the man. Really think he's the best drummer they've ever had.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Yer that one thing i noticed this show is Frank's drumming id have to agree hes the gnrs best drummer foreshore

Board footer