You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: The Forum - Inglewood, CA 12/21/11

Gibbo wrote:

Am uploading part2 of this show into 3  700mg file for thoses people who cant upload the 1.64gb part ill put the link up soon as its done

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

It`s So Easy

drborken
 Rep: 6 

drborken wrote:
gibbo wrote:
drborken wrote:

That would be great if you don't mind. Thank you.

No worries mate i will do it now before i go to bed and ill put the link up in around 8hour when i get up in the download section

Thanks for doing this, it's much appreciated.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Ali wrote:
gibbo wrote:

Heres the download for the show enjoy http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 28#p218628

Thanks very much.

My girlfriend and I took some cool pictures from the show.  I'm still figuring out how to upload them.

All I can say was that I was stunned by the show.  What may not be apparent unless you are at the show is that Axl still attacks the songs with a ferocity that is in my opinion unmatched by any frontman today.  He attacked WTTJ and LALD vocally.  His screams on LALD made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. 

What really impressed me was how strong Axl's vocals were.  I know that not all like the clean vocal tone he has now, but I love it.  He added some rasp for "Madagascar" in the encore.  My girlfriend, who also grew up singing, was impressed by the strength and power of Axl's voice, his vibrato and how long he could hold notes.  Not only that, but the way he was able to maintain vocal integrity while moving across the stage.  He commands the stage, the entire stage, as much as ever.  Highlights for me included "Better", "Estranged", "Civil War" and "This I Love".  "Don't Cry" and "November Rain" were amazing as well.

I loved all the guitar player's solos.  I was happy that DJ played "Ballad of Death" as it is an indication of his ability to write and play beautiful and melodic guitar parts.  DJ's stage presence is fantastic, too.  He is confident and commanding on stage, and plays with a ton of energy.  Richard's "James Bond" solo kicked ass and really showed off his playing ability.  I also really loved the lead parts he played during KOHD.  BBF showed yet again why he is such a stunningly talented guitar player.  His lead guitar playing was spot on all night and his Pink Panther solo was surprisingly impressive and energetic.

I was grateful to hear Tommy and the band do "Motivation" as I love Tommy's solo work and that song in particular.  It was awesome.

I really liked Frank's sense of groove, in particular the groove he created on "Mr. Brownstone" and "Rocket Queen".  He's closer to Adler than Sorum in his sense of groove on the songs.

What else is there to say other than this is an amazing band.  Yes, BAND.  They are a cohesive, well-oiled machine, and I can only hope that Axl takes this band into the studio as he says to capitalize on the impressive energy and synergy this band has.

Thank you Guns N' Roses for the best show I've seen from any era of the band I've witnessed, from 1992 to 2001 and to 2006.

Ali

I've posted this over and over and over but Frank Ferrer is a FUCKING BEAST on drums. Period. The dudes sense of groove, style and overall passion from music comes out at every turn.

And you're not bullshitting; Axl is the best going today. I've posted before that I think he "takes a break" vocally on certain songs live and who gives a shit if he does. Anyone who critiques Axl's vocals needs to do this; record a video of yourself doing a 3 hour show of these songs without a break, running back and forth all night at age 49 and post it to YouTube. OH and while you're at it, make sure you post a video from the 4th of 5 nights on the road just to make it a level playing field.

Call me "Jarmo-esque" all you want, but I call it reality. We call all be Internet Armchair Critics as much as we like but until you really put what this guy puts into a show, you really have no idea what you're talking about and you have no position whatsoever to judge from.

It's not bullshit.  Axl is one of the best frontmen to ever walk the planet.  He is the total package as far as a frontman goes:  singing, songwriting and stage presence.

I still cannot get over how great he was.  His voice was awesome, the way he worked the whole stage, his energy...I just don't know what else to say.

Well, I know forgot to mention "Street of The Blues", but HOLY SHIT that was one of the best versions of that song I've heard.  I loved Axl's vocals on that song.  I thought they were better than on the record, actually.

Long live Guns N' Roses!

Ali

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Just listened to Sorry and I thought it kicked ass. DJ nailed it, sounded awesome IMO.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Part2 is now up in 3 part for thoses who couldnt download part2 due to its size http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=11373&p=1

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

Just listened to Sorry and I thought it kicked ass. DJ nailed it, sounded awesome IMO.

Listened to Sorry in the car today and thought it was a kick ass version.

I must need to re-listen to it.

Because when I heard it live, it was Rio IV-worthy.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Board footer