You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: When's Album?

Intercourse wrote:

Spot on Jonsey.
I reckon that's what drives the hate for Slash. Ax always looks for people to blame and its Slash's fault he is so nervous about putting shit out there.

Slash's continued success just begs the inevitable 'whose doing better' questions which i don't think he can bear.

If he just buried the hatchet and keeps this band together, he may be more relaxed and prolific.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't think he's afraid. I think there's some sort of OCD, stubborn perfectionism thing going on, because he wasn't forced to release CD. On the contrary, he wanted to release it BEFORE 2002 but was told to go back and work on it some more. He tried to release it in 2007, but UNI sat on it until they got paid off, specifically because of his behavior and running up the bills. The reason CD was released the way it was had nothing to do with Axl's mental state, but how he's treated people and how he's burnt bridges.

I don't see it as him being afraid, but living on planet Axl.

Like any artist I'm sure he was nervous about the reception. If it was all about Axl being scared, he wouldn't be having negotiations about releasing that second album. Which has been going on since at least the MSL leaks of his and Beta's emails.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think there's some sort of OCD, stubborn perfectionism thing going on

Oh I agree there. And with that in mind, how pissed do you think he was at all the screw-ups with the actual release, art-work, vinyl problems etc? If he is that much of an OCD / perfectionist I bet he was raging !

Planet Axl, an interesting Class M planet, where everything is so difficult to do, and everyone is blamed for everything. Lets just orbit for a while, observe, then piss off somewhere else.

Intercourse wrote:

Slash's continued success just begs the inevitable 'whose doing better' questions which i don't think he can bear.

slash's solo album ended up selling 235,000 copies in the US. less than chinese sold in its first week.

recent slash concerts have been in the 600-800 attendance range and in the 20-25k gross range. meanwhile GNR is generating millions in revenue over in europe.

slash's "success" is about 5-10% of GNR's current success, and that is being VERY generous.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
russtcb wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

slash's solo album ended up selling 235,000 copies in the US. less than chinese sold in its first week.

recent slash concerts have been in the 600-800 attendance range and in the 20-25k gross range. meanwhile GNR is generating millions in revenue over in europe.

slash's "success" is about 5-10% of GNR's current success, and that is being VERY generous.

"Success" is in how you look at it I guess.

Go up to any random stranger and ask them their opinion on Axl Rose. Then ask them their opinion on Slash.

You'll find your "success" rate to be lopsided in favor of the top hatted one.

Not only success in the public's eye, but I would guess also the general media too. Slash is all over the media, favourable reviews, interviews, magazine shoots, covers etc. He works hard at it, and I think they see his post gnr career as more successful than anything Axl has done. (regardless of the hate/hate relationship that Axl has with the media).

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I like both acts...but you're not taking into account the other things....

Slash plays smaller shows but he plays them more often....he played 139 shows in 15 months for the solo album tour...Axl's played 239 shows in 10 years......

VR's first album has outsold chinese democracy, had a number 1 single and won them a grammy.

Not to mention...slash has put out 6 albums to Axl's 1 album.

Sky Dog wrote:

meh...I'm staying out of this....:haha:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I love them both so I didn't want to turn it into a pissing contest...end of the day most musicians are unemployed in music...and end up working other jobs...so in the scheme of things they're both very successful...I'm just saying there's reasons Axl may be envious of Slash's ability to transition into a post GNR career.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

"Success" is in how you look at it I guess.

Go up to any random stranger and ask them their opinion on Axl Rose. Then ask them their opinion on Slash.

You'll find your "success" rate to be lopsided in favor of the top hatted one.

I think that falls more in the category of "likeability", what you are describing right there.

Ali

Board footer