You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: When's Album?

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

How am I avoiding the point? You don't have a point, only a butt-hurt opinion. It's his band, he never ventured into solo territory, I understand why he kept the name, that it means much more to him than you and me combined, he started it and everything... It's his name, not my place to tell him what he should or shouldn't do with it. You disagree, fine.

Mikka, you are a joke. Period. Your zealot over-reaction says everything about YOU. You have my sympathies.

Go and find a decent psychiatrist. 22

If your life is this sad, and there's not anything going on in it, that you get this pissed over a GN'R message board, where you make crazy ass rants, comparing people to Stalin (with photos!), and crazy conspiracy theories, and calling them psychopaths and whatever crazy ass thing that this fulfills whatever's missing/lacking in your life, then you're welcome.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Sorry, but the "He's only selling tickets because of the name" argument is beyond old and busted.

No it isn't. Axl would in no way be playing the venues he's playing and drawing the crowads he does if he was touring under his own name. No fucking way.  He's not "only" selling tickets because of the name but it's a huge reason.

monkeychow wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

slash's solo album ended up selling 235,000 copies in the US. less than chinese sold in its first week.

recent slash concerts have been in the 600-800 attendance range and in the 20-25k gross range. meanwhile GNR is generating millions in revenue over in europe.

slash's "success" is about 5-10% of GNR's current success, and that is being VERY generous.

I like both acts...but you're not taking into account the other things....

Slash plays smaller shows but he plays them more often....he played 139 shows in 15 months for the solo album tour...Axl's played 239 shows in 10 years......

VR's first album has outsold chinese democracy, had a number 1 single and won them a grammy.

Not to mention...slash has put out 6 albums to Axl's 1 album.

To add to that let's not forget the MAJOR factor that Axl opperates under the Guns N' Roses banner where as Slash opperates under Slash. Anyone who says that isnt' a huge contributing factor is nuts. If Axl was touring as "Axl Rose" he'd be performing the same types of venues Slash is. Slash's venues are never half empty by the way.

Face facts the general publics reaction to Slash's post Guns material(VR, solo) has been better than Axl's.  You're a Lie has already had more airplay on rock radio here than CD and Better combined.

Saying Slash's success is about 5 - 10% of Gn'R's curent success is  a ridiculous comment. Cause to be honest I'd say roughly 85 - 90% of current Gn'R's success  is thanks to Old Gn'R's success.

Honestly anyone who says Axl is more successful post Gn'R than Slash is insane. It's blind Axl fanaticism at it's finest.  And an even more extreme case of blind fanaticism is those who say Slash is only more successful because he likes doing what he's doing whereas Axl is shooting for the stars.  Gimme a fucking break.  That's shit is the epitomy of a nutswinger.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID

misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

How am I avoiding the point? You don't have a point, only a butt-hurt opinion. It's his band, he never ventured into solo territory, I understand why he kept the name, that it means much more to him than you and me combined, he started it and everything... It's his name, not my place to tell him what he should or shouldn't do with it. You disagree, fine.

Mikka, you are a joke. Period. Your zealot over-reaction says everything about YOU. You have my sympathies.

Calm down a bit. I'm "butt-hurt"? Ok if u say so but I dunno what about..

If you understand why he kept the name then explain it to me. That's the point I'm getting at.
From what I can tell from ur posts/attitude u seem to buy into the retroactive BS lies about it being his name originally. My point is its p clear he took the name due to the financial benefits & brand power.
I don't see why we can't discuss this respectfully. & to me the cowardice exhibited in taking the name is still apparent & manifest in todays stasis. In fact you're the one acting butthurt cause people have different ideas on the validity of axls behaviour.

johndivney wrote:

& also, it was mrID that steered the convo in that direction. Seemingly in the hope he'd get the reaction from the likes of Mikka that he got. & then he has the gall to bitch about it!

Uh, no, you brought up the name thing, not me. I was responding with the simple statement that it was his band. very easy to understand. You guys coudn't handle that for whatever reason. I'm being respectful, until you guys start accusing me of silly shit. Of course he knew the name would help him. It was his band, that he never left, never wanted to leave it. That's how I took it and understand why he's not going to drop the name. Not even over a fan(s) opinion, just to make them happy.

He started the band, he was in it, he didn't have to give it up, he kept it. That's the long and short of it, I reckon. We weren't in the band, our pinions on what he should do with it means dick.

You keep mentioning your pissed at him for breaking up your favorite band in almost every thread, for every topic, explaining your position. That's where the butthurt comment comes in.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

You're insane dude.  Biggest nutswinger I've ever seen

Awww.... Bono found a way to get me to notice him. Neg karma.

Bono, you're a petty, whiney little bitch with HUGE mental problems. Grow up.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

Calm down a bit. I'm "butt-hurt"? Ok if u say so but I dunno what about..

If you understand why he kept the name then explain it to me. That's the point I'm getting at.
From what I can tell from ur posts/attitude u seem to buy into the retroactive BS lies about it being his name originally. My point is its p clear he took the name due to the financial benefits & brand power.
I don't see why we can't discuss this respectfully. & to me the cowardice exhibited in taking the name is still apparent & manifest in todays stasis. In fact you're the one acting butthurt cause people have different ideas on the validity of axls behaviour.

johndivney wrote:

& also, it was mrID that steered the convo in that direction. Seemingly in the hope he'd get the reaction from the likes of Mikka that he got. & then he has the gall to bitch about it!

Uh, no, you brought up the name thing, not me. I was responding with the simple statement that it was his band. very easy to understand. You guys coudn't handle that for whatever reason. I'm being respectful, until you guys start accusing me of silly shit. Of course he knew the name would help him. It was his band, that he never left, never wanted to leave it. That's how I took it and understand why he's not going to drop the name. Not even over a fan(s) opinion, just to make them happy.

He started the band, he was in it, he didn't have to give it up, he kept it. That's the long and short of it, I reckon. We weren't in the band, our pinions on what he should do with it means dick.

You keep mentioning your pissed at him for breaking up your favorite band in almost every thread, for every topic, explaining your position. That's where the butthurt comment comes in.

I was [half] joking about him (& Slash, but I guess you missed that tongue ) wrecking the band, in this thread. But you knew that...

'let the insanity begin'???

Again, I only mentioned the name to speculate on his motivation & it's something I think is still relevant.
I don't care whether he dropped or kept or stole the name & how to measure its success. I care about it as a means of judging his ambition/desire in relation to new material, which is the topic of this thread. I think the reasons for his taking the name are still evident today & in what he's doing. It echoes in his behaviour all down the line, that hes more interested in bizness one-up-manship & power than creating & connecting. Ive explained this often but you seem intent in bringing the argument round to 'well its his band he can do what he wants' which really isn't my point.

& btw the idea of it being 'his band' is surely an oxymoron or something. You cant own a collective, you're part of it, you share a band. But that's nitpicking. Hmm... Maybe the Stalin thing does bear some comparison after all...

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

You're insane dude.  Biggest nutswinger I've ever seen

Awww.... Bono found a way to get me to notice him. Neg karma.

Bono, you're a petty, whiney little bitch with HUGE mental problems. Grow up.

16 For the guy who claims to ignore me you sure do take advantage of every opportunity to mention me. Honestly you're starting to come off as really lame the last few weeks.

Once again I never claimed to ignore you. You're the one who, numerous times has made a big deal about how you need to ignore me and you've made it clear you want everyone to know yet you keep mentioning me.  Your'e hilarious.

your posts, not only the ones directed at me, but at others as well are clear attempts to bait people. You use this passive agressive method that makes you think you're being mature and respectful when nothing could be futher from the truth. Funny thing si your own act is starting to crack. your'e blatantly throwing out insults left and right and don't even have the ability to see that you're doing it.

the negative karma was for intentionally misisng the point so you could pump Axl's tires and bait a member into arguing with you. It's abvious what you are doing here.

misterID wrote:

If your life is this sad, and there's not anything going on in it, that you get this pissed over a GN'R message board, where you make crazy ass rants, comparing people to Stalin (with photos!), and crazy conspiracy theories, and calling them psychopaths and whatever crazy ass thing that's fulfilling whatever's missing, lacking in your life, then you're welcome.

You know what ID maybe you can, maybe you can't read this but your constant comments about other's and how their personal lives must suck speaks volumes about YOU not the people you direct these lame ass insults to. So many of your comments are made with an obvious attempt to bait certain members for your own amusement and that says something doesn't it. The people who look for reactions online might wanna take a good hard look in the mirror before they start ranting about how empty other's lives must be.

Bitching back and forth is one thing dude but you constantly telling other's how lacking their lives must be based on their opinions is pathetic. Funny how everyone  else is always overreacting when expressing an opinion that goes against yours yet you're always the calm level headed guy. Everyone else has emotional issues, anger issues, their lives are empty and unfullfilled. All a bunch of Bullshit.  You aren't as chill and diplomatic and respectful as you think.  You're a condescending prick a lot of the time. Most of the time.

I can only imagine there are other's here who share this opinion. In fact I know there are.

Anyways my double live album of the U2 360 tour just arived. A nice little bonus for subscribing to their offical site. Complete with 20 page booklet the size of a vinyl lp. Awsome. My life is so empty and I'm a miserable cunt with no friends and everybody hates me 16

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

The label have nothing planned for GN'R and are waiting for hear from the band as to what their plans are. In fact, they are never informed of their tour plans which they would be happy to advertise on their website.

The band want to record after the tour for 2-3 months and release a new album before the end of the year.

The band have one album to deliver to end their contract with Universal.

I am happy to be corrected.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer