You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: When's Album?

Mikkamakka wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

coming out soon...just hold tight. DJ's got it handled. He knows what a Gnr album should sound like.

Well he certainly knows what his solo should sound like. I mean, think about it. Axl let's him write it. dj

Then he'll cut it piece by piece and construct a new solo DJ will have to learn.

Could he cut it into pieces, throw it out and replace it with a solo by bucket or finck?

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Lmao, rn'fn'r.

Lomax wrote:

Listened to just another Sunday on that video and though it could do with a bit of an overhaul. I just mastered it to sound a little better. To be honest... about 20 mins work went into this.... but it's an improvement nonetheless.

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/XU6mkMAW/Jus … aster.html

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Guns ‘N Roses Chinese Democracy Follow-Up Is Well Down The Track

by Paul Cashmere on May 5, 2013

Guns ‘N Roses is well down the track of recording a follow-up to their 2008 album ‘Chinese Democracy’.

Guitarist Richard Fortus has confirmed to Noise11.com news that the band was spent a lot of time in the studio working on the next album and that many of the songs have been completed.

Fortus, who is also the guitarist for Australia’s The Dead Daisies, told Noise11 that while the album has mostly been completed it won’t be released this year but maybe in 2014.

‘Chinese Democracy’ was released in November 2008 after more than 10 years in the making. While Axl Rose was the only original member featured on the album, it was the first album of new and original material released under the Guns ‘N Roses name since the 1991 ‘Use Your Illusion’ albums.

Guns ‘N Roses also released the covers record ‘The Spaghetti Incident?’ in 1993. It was the last album to feature Rose with Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum, and Gilby Clarke. Dizzy Reed played on ‘Chinese Democracy’ and is still also currently a permanent member of Guns ‘N Roses touring band.

Noise11

What makes this bit interesting is the writer; Paul Cashmere has had good info on GNR many times over the years.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

What the holy fuck? I didn't know about Cashmere's track record, but otherwise I'd think this was a classic case of over blowing tidbits of band quotes into more than it is.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Yeah cos it's all in the context...if you think about it what's the info?

1. the band spent a lot of time in the studio working on the next album

Notice he didn't say when.

We already know bumble recorded on songs never released around 2007, Axl has mentioned several song tracks from sessions back around 2001 or whenever.....we know DJ has been submitting ideas for years. Could be a reference to that.

2.  the album has mostly been completed

Again...Baz heard more than an albums worth of stuff, there's multiple quotes from bumble and others suggesting the next album will mostly likely be vault CD tracks.

Those were completed years ago - hell the hoarders even have some of them. Unless he means Axl-approved-for-relase completed...but I'm not sure the comment really implies that.

3. t won’t be released this year

No surprise there.

4. maybe in 2014.

But realistically those tracs might have been released any year since they were recorded  a decade ago or whatever.

Anyway...for what it's worth I deeply hope it does come out next year, just I sort of dispute that richard is really saying that - seems to me like he hasn't really said anything we didn't know.

Lomax wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

coming out soon...just hold tight. DJ's got it handled. He knows what a Gnr album should sound like.

Well he certainly knows what his solo should sound like. I mean, think about it. Axl let's him write it. dj

That he does. You can tell from listening to the guy play that he has studied the GNR sound inside out.
He gets a lot of shit for being a poser but when it comes down to it, it's about the music and DJ makes great music.

It's too easy to shit on the guy, but I would underestimate him at your peril, the ballad of death alone is proof he can do this album justice.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Totally agree...

You can see he's a fan of GNR on some level.

And it's notable how when he worked with others like motley - what he wrote sounded like those bands - and sixx am has some great licks and stuff in it.....I can really see him writing some classic Gnr-esque tracks.

Not sure if axl likes to make songs like that anymore mind you....

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
Riad wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

That he does. You can tell from listening to the guy play that he has studied the GNR sound inside out.
He gets a lot of shit for being a poser but when it comes down to it, it's about the music and DJ makes great music.

It's too easy to shit on the guy, but I would underestimate him at your peril, the ballad of death alone is proof he can do this album justice.

Ashba makes great music ? very debatable and if Ballad of Death is any indicator of what Mr. Poser can bring to the table, than I`ll pass.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

You can see he's a fan of GNR on some level.

And it's notable how when he worked with others like motley - what he wrote sounded like those bands - and sixx am has some great licks and stuff in it.....I can really see him writing some classic Gnr-esque tracks.

Not sure if axl likes to make songs like that anymore mind you....

Axl's spectrum goes all the way to Silk Worms. He definitely always wanted a musical palette beyond the AFD Guns.

The good direction could be an Axl/Izzy version of The Stones; the style would be distinguishable enough as GNR territory and would give them some space to open things up.

Axl could just do the ballsy move already and finally claim Mick's throne, even for a day 14

Board footer