You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: When's Album?

apex-twin wrote:

Dizzy says nothing earth-shattering. In dribs and drabs, he implies CD2, consisting of mostly '98-'01 songs, is being worked on, with a possible release next year. He's sly about the renunion ('We've already got a taste of it with Duff and Izzy), which is certainly different than the company line "focus is on the new band", enforced by Axl (in words, anyway).

AtariLegend wrote:

You beat me tongue.

If a reunion ever did happen and I doubt it, I seriously doubt Dizzy wouldn't be there. It's not like he'd be taking anyone's place and they need someone on keyboards for the UYI material.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I have a feeling it will be a hybrid of new and old. Especially if Duff re-joins. Which is said he's wanted to do for the last few years. Basically since London.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If Duff joins I don't see how Slash does not.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If Duff joins I don't see how Slash does not.

Really, at the end of the day, if that's the only two people who joined...I'd probably still be happy as a clam. We've gotta get Axl to a trainer and voice coach though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just want another album. Period.

Dizzy's comments sound just like his comments in 03-05.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Well, what else is he supposed to say?

James

James wrote:
Vale wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Cant he at least add a couple words? 16 The irritating thing is that the comments are always so generic. How about actually going into some detail? Kim Thayil has already given more detail on SG's next album and Dizzy is unable to comment on 14 year old material? If unwilling or unable, why discuss it in the first place?

I realize any comment gives a shred of hope for next year but some detail sure wouldn't hurt.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Vale wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Cant he at least add a couple words? 16 The irritating thing is that the comments are always so generic. How about actually going into some detail? Kim Thayil has already given more detail on SG's next album and Dizzy is unable to comment on 14 year old material? If unwilling or unable, why discuss it in the first place?

I realize any comment gives a shred of hope for next year but some detail sure wouldn't hurt.

Well, clearly he can't say more than that. They all seem to have a contract that forbids them to do so. Yet, people will never stop asking them. The only other alternative he has is to not answer these questions anymore at all, and he can't really do that either, can he?

James

James wrote:

If memory serves me correctly, he has. I remember some "no comments" back in the day. I see your point. Better than nothing I suppose but the fan base is tight rope walking in two ton shoes right now. Half the fans are waiting for a reunion announcement and the other half waiting on real information on CD II. Any stale, generic comments aren't going to create a lot of happy campers.

Board footer