You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: When's Album?

-D- wrote:

Ive been thinkin bout this... being a manager of a major corporation has to take a certain level of business savvy and intelligence... Don't wanna be negative.. but can they pull that shit offf?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
madagas wrote:

like I said in the other thread, Beta/Axl vs label is a real trainwreck....thus, more of the same which is nothing on the new music front.

Word.

Hurry up and get ready to wait.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
killingvector wrote:

There won't be an album in 2012.  Recording, legal bullshit, an inexperienced management.......not good for business. Plus the endless malaise of G&R in general.

I fully expect to see this setlist polished up in time for the summer festivals.

People do not change.

Axl is no exception.

He's gone through various management and regardless of who his manager is now, it's not going to change the biggest drag on the ticket: Him.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
-D- wrote:

Ive been thinkin bout this... being a manager of a major corporation has to take a certain level of business savvy and intelligence... Don't wanna be negative.. but can they pull that shit offf?

Yeah but then they've probably got a legal team from hell to sort out the fine print...I think it comes down to street smarts, endurance and persistence all of which they've demonstrated over the years.

I know everyone is all armageddon over this whole thing but to me its seemed like beta was already managing access to axl for some years, this arrangement just formalises how it already is.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

only thing better than shows, live stream, and LA times article?

leaks.

i said it. you all know you're like 'this is cool, i really wish I could hear.... a leak would be sweet!'.

you know it.

smile

my preciousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

i hates its self!
precioussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm wagering the stress of being a manager and having to deal with Axl in that compacity... There will be no one else, no other bad guy to blame, you got all the responsibility.  I say Beta steps aside at some point.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

she hasn't stepped aside all these years and just accepted the formal commitment. this is the natural result. axl trusts beta. the last time he tried to go big time with a manger it ended quickly and with a lawsuit.

"new gnr" will never be the monstrosity it was two decades ago.

this will work out fine i think.

id be more worried about how this will affect a rrhof reunion.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The more I think about it, the more questionable I think a one-night reunion like that is anyway - it's like going and fucking your ex wife or something for the hell of it one night then going back where you are now. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

It's either going to be better than what exists now in which case it will traumatise us all, or it's going to suck which will piss on the good memories of what was and traumatise us all.

I'd rather have a real reunion one day when Axl and Slash patch it up and WANT to play together and recapture that magic, or if that day doesn't come, then maybe nothing. Just seems so forced. If it wasn't for this awards ceremony they wouldn't be considering it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The more I think about it, the more questionable I think a one-night reunion like that is anyway - it's like going and fucking your ex wife or something for the hell of it one night then going back where you are now. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

If your ex was Stephanie Seymour, and your current was Beta Lebeis.

That makes fucking awesome sense to me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer