You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Live At The Joint in Las Vegas, NV - New Year's (Dec. 31st, 2011)

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, forgot about that. That's equal amounts of Appetite, Illusion & Chinese.

Totally bad ass right there. I'm glad the band finally did it. Alot of the setlist complaints began by the American fans during the 2006 NA tour. I think it was obviously something Axl penciled down, and stuck on on his fridge, because by the time they hit the U.S. again five years later, he basically gave us what we were bitching about then.

Even if he did cuss us in San Juan in 2006. 16

Thanks Axl, seriously. Thanks to the band too. You can see when songs originally not played by the new band, like Don't Cry, Estranged & Civil War, that the band specifically Ron & Richard put an extra emotion and passion into it because they know how much it means to fans.

That is very cool and is starting to endure me to them with Guns N' Roses and it's legacy more and more.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

These positive comments and feedback can help improve ticket sales the next time another U.S. tour appears. I think the new updated website (whenever it gets finished) and updates on twitter and facebook are steps in the right direction. From all the pro shot videos, I've been extremely pleased with the set list. I wouldn't mind if they used it the next time around. It would be a treat next tour to see a new song or maybe have ITW and OMG thrown in. Prostitute would be interesting; but Axl was having a hard time with that song during the OSAKA 09 show. It's a tough song to get through with all the vocal overdubs & arrangements that are in the final studio version. Songs they should add though should be: Dead Horse and Yesterdays. In my personal opinion I believe Guns management should take advantage of VH1 Classic's potential for ad space and marketing the lineup since the TMS AXL interview took off quite well. The promos on TV were a nice change of scenery. Since MTV isn't going to give a rat's ass about them now. A Live album/DVD/Bluray of the 2010-2011 shows should be an idea they should consider to show that this band will continue on.  A re-release of Chinese with bonus material, remixes, more artwork, "poster?", and other goodies should be another idea to move forward with and to finally end the shadow of Chinese's development. It shouldn't be a store exclusive though. 9

Alot of great points here. In addition to Prostitute, the often requested, but never played There Was A Time is incredibly difficult for Axl to sing. Hell it's difficult for me to sing note-for-note on Rock Band, and i'm not performing a 3 hour concert, running around. Fans want it badly because it's the best song on CD (imo), but it's technically a bitch. The band's timing can be off, playing can be off-key with it, and Axl didn't record the vocals for it in his lower-register like he did with Estranged on UYI2, which means duplicating TWAT live is a HARD task.

And I don't know about Axl, but i'd rather they NOT perform it, then they to perform it badly, when a better executed song could have taken it's place.

As for VH1 Classic, that's a good venue for Axl to let Guns be embraced, although I personally thought the TMS interview was fucking terrible. Alot of poorly asked, and unanswered questions. The TMS trio used to be great rock-metal music interviewers, but in the last couple of seasons they've begun to get 'too talky' and seem to enjoy hearing their own voices.

Axl was finally ready to talk and they basically didn't let him. Even cut him off a couple times. WTF?

Axl Rose did not make it a bad interview, in fact he could've made it "Axl & Kurt Loder II" if they had let him. Instead they blew it by being incredibly unprepared, regardless of the poor communication between Axl & his people, and the extreme amount of time the TMS crew had to wait to interview Axl.

They apparently talked for two hours, uncut, but we saw very very little of any of that.

Throwback "GN'R Weekends", like on MTV from 1990-1993, but now on VH1 Classic would be beyond cool for fans.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I know twat's hard to peform and all but in 2009 Axl NAILED the high bit in the middle then ron kicked ass on the solo.

I have faith they can do it.

To be honest it probably needs to be on the right night though...like how sometimes axl has his 2006 rasp and othertimes not so much.

Board footer