You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Live At The Joint in Las Vegas, NV - New Year's (Dec. 31st, 2011)

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Hell no. Me getting banned there years ago is what brought me here.

I think many of us came from there. I did too. I wasn't banned, but got too annoyed

I got banned by the late Frauline, because I said that Buckethead's stuff would be on Chinese Democracy.

No shit

Not only was he on it, he was on it everywhere, and was pictured right beside Axl.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
DCK wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I think many of us came from there. I did too. I wasn't banned, but got too annoyed

I got banned by the late Frauline, because I said that Buckethead's stuff would be on Chinese Democracy.

No shit

Not only was he on it, he was on it everywhere, and was pictured right beside Axl.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
DCK wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
gibbo wrote:

Yer hes not the best hes sounded no way but he is 50 years i think hes good for his age foreshore

You know I had a friend who said the same thing last night.

"Listen, he's pushing 50. He's not gonna sound today like he did when he was half the age he is today. For the most part he can still hold notes, keep his air, and do shows that most guys his age wouldn't do half of."

However they did say that they agreed with my assessment that Axl needed to STOP trying to sing in a higher and higher register.

Axl needed to realize his limitations, and go stick to where his power is at, and re-adapt singing the songs in a lower register.

I personally think that's Axl's biggest issue right now. He needs to go lower, let go of the higher thing.

I posted Estranged from the Forum to a GNR fan and all she replied with was "he's fat and can't sing, give it up".

The attitude is SO wrong. He's 50, he's out there, he sings as good as he can, and better than most. He pulls out three hour shows. He's not fat either. GNR 02, 06, 09, 10 and 11 has given me plenty of joy and entertainment. Just think of dropping all that because you think he's fat and can't sing.

yer i was over at HTGH having a look and i couldnt beleive it there they suck up axl arse big time and most of them hate 21

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
DCK wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

No shit

LOL

From MYGNR? I never went there. Thought the webside had an absolute horrid design and I stopped before clicking further.

I left HTGTH after Jarmo allowed magazine articles to be scanned and then plastered with "htgth" all over, and at the same time banned anyone linking Chinese demoes.

Oh, the irony....

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
gibbo wrote:

Yer hes not the best hes sounded no way but he is 50 years i think hes good for his age foreshore

"Listen, he's pushing 50. He's not gonna sound today like he did when he was half the age he is today. For the most part he can still hold notes, keep his air, and do shows that most guys his age wouldn't do half of."

However they did say that they agreed with my assessment that Axl needed to STOP trying to sing in a higher and higher register.

Axl needed to realize his limitations, and go stick to where his power is at, and re-adapt singing the songs in a lower register.

I personally think that's Axl's biggest issue right now. He needs to go lower, let go of the higher thing.

I posted Estranged from the Forum to a GNR fan and all she replied with was "he's fat and can't sing, give it up".

The attitude is SO wrong. He's 50, he's out there, he sings as good as he can, and better than most. He pulls out three hour shows. He's not fat either. GNR 02, 06, 09, 10 and 11 has given me plenty of joy and entertainment. Just think of dropping all that because you think he's fat and can't sing.

Have there been better years vocally for Axl in the new era? Absolutely.

People who run around saying "this is the best he's ever sounded"

Are fucking tone deaf, and biased. Anybody who says that I usually dare them with taking a clip to a vocal coach/teacher.

Usually they shut up.

But to expect someone to sound exactly as they did 20 years ago, or better is simply unrealistic. All rockers can't be David Coverdale. 22

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Me and axl uploaded that show last night DCK if ya want to download it

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Axl sounded better in 09 and 10, no idea what happened between there and now. Nightrain from Tokyo 09 is his BEST vocal version of Nightrain ever. He pulls his vocals up another step and it's just amazing.

But has he sounded better? Sure. Did he sound very good in 93? Not that either. He sounds amazing from time to time and he's not 28 any more

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

During Don't Cry:

AiD91P9CAAAtHf0.jpg

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Whole Lotta Rosie
Civil War

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
gibbo wrote:
DCK wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

yer i was over at HTGH having a look and i couldnt beleive it there they suck up axl arse big time and most of them hate 21

And dude it's been that way for SEVERAL years. Long time like that, at least since like 2005 or so from my memory.

You're not allowed to say anything even remotely positive about the old band (which usually means Slash).

There was a time if you even typed the name 'Slash' in the main section, you'd get a warning from the Fuhrer to direct all Slash stuff to the 'Dead Horse' section.

There was a time they were just as tough on Izzy & Duff. Then of course Izzy started doing shows with Guns in 2006, suddenly it was cool again. roll

Board footer