You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: New song poll

Songs that have been talked about over the years that are in the vault and hoping to see the light of day by Axl and the band. Either newly recorded or session recordings.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well i guess if i had to pick one it would be Seven...it has always intrigued me

thyme too ... and they are hyping the shit out of the general

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

The General, seeing as that epic intro has been teased to us for a long time live...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I have no idea what any of these songs may sound like, but I'll choose the Izzy tune for obvious reasons.  Soul Monster and The General would get strong consideration as well.

AtariLegend wrote:

Oklahoma is Berlin according to the Axl chats.

Oh My God was released almost 13 years ago and the source for Blood in the Water is questionable at best.

Seven was supposed to be good according to Marco Beltrami, so that and The General.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I thought Oklahoma was Madagascar?

AtariLegend wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I thought Oklahoma was Madagascar?

Q:-What's a Riad/Bedouin and can you clarify for the last time if the song is Oklahoma or not?

A: Another one step at a time question! It’s not Oklahoma which later became Berlin and subject to change.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Can't pick. I want any and all of them. Can only dream. Never disliked a GNR song yet really...tho I do like some more than others.

Sky Dog wrote:

The songs Marco Beltrami discussed in 2002/2003...The General, Seven, Thyme, and Leave Me Alone aka "Soul Monster".

"GNR was sort of just work for hire. I met with Axl and he played me these songs, asked me my ideas about them, and I told him what I thought they needed. They gave me four songs to orchestrate.  A song called 'Seven,' which is the one I actually wrote a guitar part on. There was one called 'Thyme,' one called 'The General,' one called 'Leave Me Alone.'" (Marco Beltrami, IGN, 07/20/03)

"I thought the album was coming out in September 2002." (Marco Beltrami, IGN, 07/20/03)

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I forgot to add Soul Monster. xP  I love the demo title Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul. Sounds so punk rock!! Another demo title for that was Leave Me Alone i think. They may both be different songs. I'm excited for Atlas and The General (Jackie Chan) for the most part. I know the orchestral intro to the General has been teased over the past few years before the start of each GNR show except for the most recent U.S. tour. As for the Oklahoma/Berlin debate, alot of people that worked on CD over the past several years said that Axl wanted to make a song about school shootings and a Civil War esque anti war song (Blood in the Water, Berlin?) I know that Brain, Caram Costanzo, and Axl worked on making the hub of the General. That's all I got so far. From the small leaks I heard from it on youtube sounds pretty amazing!! I could hear a little Buckethead maybe Finck in the leak.

bucket21

Board footer