You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: I wonder if Axl is more critical than us.

Neemo wrote:

and axl couldnt finish the tour either in 2006 cuz he blew his voice out

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Neemo wrote:

and axl couldnt finish the tour either in 2006 cuz he blew his voice out

He also had so many voice problems in 1992, too.  The truth is that the way Axl sang on AFD through the UYIs was not healthy for his voice and seems to have took a huge toll on him vocally.  I was worried in 2001 that he wouldn't be able to sing at all.  Man, I was wrong.

Ali

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Since when did Axl cancel the 2006 tour because his voice was fucked?

Last I heard low ticket sales caused it, even though Axl claimed they were "going back into the studio to finish CD and deliver it within a couple months".

Anybody care to enlighten me?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Since when did Axl cancel the 2006 tour because his voice was fucked?

Last I heard low ticket sales caused it, even though Axl claimed they were "going back into the studio to finish CD and deliver it within a couple months".

Anybody care to enlighten me?

He never cancelled anything in 2006 due to a bad voice.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

He sounded at his very best at those 2006 LA December shows, great, great performances.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Its funny how folk in the media were even calling Axl fat back then, I knew it was just BS cheap shots cause he wasnt the same skinny guy from 1988, but looking back now at him its even more ridiculous, the guy was fit as fuck and a fuckin beast on stage.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's criminal in that video how bumble is shredding out a huge solo and all you can hear is the 3 rhythm guitars. Damn soundmix.

Download and RAR were great shows though. Looking back I sort of appriciate them more than I did at the time. I wish we could magic DJ and Frank and more of CD into those gigs and it would probably be all time amazing.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

didnt baz have come out with midgets to finish the show at the end of the us leg in 06?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think there was an incident but wasn't it cos Axl got the flu or something like that? Didn't think he was actually voice-fucked in a quit the tour way..thought it was just he got exhausted cos he was performing sick or something.

He also had that scream going in 2009 a fair bit too.

I take Ali's point that it's destructive so had to go, I just miss it is all, as it's bad ass! Also olorin has a point too...too pick on that 2006 axl for looking bad...the stage presence is incredible in those videos...he looks awesome to me.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

The midets happened in London. It was the night after they played Sailing and Back In The Fuckin UK, then went on to do an accoustic show till the morning, then that night had another concert and Axl never finished the show.
If you look at the pics from that accoustic gig Axl was obviously on something, his eyes were like saucers, no wonder he never finished the other show, gotta come down at some point 14

Board footer