You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: I wonder if Axl is more critical than us.

Olorin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's criminal in that video how bumble is shredding out a huge solo and all you can hear is the 3 rhythm guitars. Damn soundmix.

Download and RAR were great shows though. Looking back I sort of appriciate them more than I did at the time. I wish we could magic DJ and Frank and more of CD into those gigs and it would probably be all time amazing.

Thats how I feel about the current shows, except wave your wand and get Brain and Robin back in there 16

Lomax wrote:
Olorin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's criminal in that video how bumble is shredding out a huge solo and all you can hear is the 3 rhythm guitars. Damn soundmix.

Download and RAR were great shows though. Looking back I sort of appriciate them more than I did at the time. I wish we could magic DJ and Frank and more of CD into those gigs and it would probably be all time amazing.

Thats how I feel about the current shows, except wave your wand and get Brain and Robin back in there 16

Maybe we can all agree on the next line up

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Since when did Axl cancel the 2006 tour because his voice was fucked?

Last I heard low ticket sales caused it, even though Axl claimed they were "going back into the studio to finish CD and deliver it within a couple months".

Anybody care to enlighten me?

I think he is referring to the last UK show in the Summer of 2006.  But, then again, I think the official explanation was that Axl was ill.

Ali

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl was ill.

The official explanation given at the time was that Axl was suffering from blood pressure issues. They ("Beta") would never come out and say he was hypoglycemic, but there was another show they came out and said that Axl was delayed for a "rack of lamb", because he "must eat before the show, or his blood pressure will be bad".

The media & fans ran with it, because of the rock n' roll decadence sound of it.

Either way, Axl didn't finish that London show because his blood pressure bottomed out, not his voice.

Then again maybe Ali is right, maybe Axl pushing his voice indirectly 'cause his blood pressure to go out. I dunno. Not saying you said that, but maybe the two are correlated?

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

This can be an issue. I sing professionally and know a bit about this.

When you need to push yourself because you are tired there is a lot of blood flow & oxygen needed to the head area (you've seen the veins popping on singers foreheads etc).

In this case Axl had done three gigs in two days, that's pretty hard going for even the youngest of men. I bet he was wrecked and was struggling to not damage his chords while pushing his tired voice box to deliver the notes.
What usually happens is you get the 'fire flies' swimming around in your eyes, your lips go numb and you think you're going to puke, then you go over..not the best way to end a gig!!!

Board footer