You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: NFL Playoffs

PaSnow wrote:

Giants.  I'm not sure NE will stop NYG's WR (Cruz, Manningham, Nicks) and I think their TE is a good receiver as well. Also, any word on if Grontowski's playing/hurt?!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Outside the last 2 minutes the SB was pretty boring. MIA flipping off the camera was cheap and lame. Came off as desperately wanting attention.

Can't believe Welker and Hernandez dropped those passes. Would have been a totally different game.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Outside the last 2 minutes the SB was pretty boring. MIA flipping off the camera was cheap and lame. Came off as desperately wanting attention.

Thought I heard her sing "shit" at the end of her lyric, myb I was wrong.  Didn't see her showing the brid, but if she did I'd agree with you, kinda weak & a predictable opportunity.  I didn't really like Madonna routine per se, but I thought she did it with class, which is atypical of her.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Can't believe Welker and Hernandez dropped those passes. Would have been a totally different game.

Game was well played but pretty boring.  The Welker drop was huge since the NYG were totally confused on that play. The Pats would have been able to chew up more of the clock and at least got a FG attempt out of it. 

Coughlin goes to the Hall of Fame with this win today.

FA is in a month or so and franchise tags designations are in 2 or 3 weeks.  So we are already in off season mode.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

SB started out good but agree that it was pretty boring til the last few minutes. Congrats Giants.

MIA lost me as a fan after that stupid shit. Tonight she officially became everything she previously despised.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'm amazed to find out she's British, noones heard of her here 16

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

That was an amazing Super Bowl. Come on. How could you not grade that an A+?

The Patriots came out and executed great. The line and Brady handled the Giants blitzes with ease. It was so different from 08. But Gronk was clearly not at 100% and the Giants have more athleticism than the Pats do. Belicheck does great things with undrafted players and undersized guys, but the Giants' players were just noticeably better all around. The Giants receivers are great, and played really well, but the Patriots D showed up as well. Giants recovered their own fumbles and got a few lucky conversions to stay alive. Eli was amazing in some key spots. And then Brady almost takes it all away in the final seconds.

This was an amazing Super Bowl. Congrats to the Giants. Congrats to Eli. The Pats would've won with more athletic players in the same spots, or with a healthy Gronkowski. So congrats to them too. But how confident are the Pats going forward when they really didn't put up points against the only playoff-caliber defenses they played? (Giants, Ravens, Steelers)

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Pretty much the difference in the game was the drops by the Patriots receivers, namely Welker down the stretch.  In their defense, the throws were not perfect by Brady, but they should've made the catches.  On the flipside Manning's absolutely perfect pass to Manningham who made a magnificent catch.  Ballgame.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Giants are a good all around team.  Patriots secondary played pretty well, considering they supposedly had the 31st worst defense in the league. I agree Gronkowski hurt had an impact.  Eli's is good in the clutch though, calm & doesn't get nervous or scared at all.

Board footer