You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: This I Love live '92 Seattle?

Lomax wrote:

You're all good people and I hate to rain on your parade but Axl was playing a speed up version of Sacred Hour by Magnum.

No Joke. Listen to the intro the whole way through. Same thing

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

@Riad:

Nice find on the Magnum reference. But I don't think that's it. The notes are different. But eeriely close.

@Axl/This I Love '92:

I think it's pretty obvious that it's an early origin of the song. Kinda weird to hear a Chinese track played in the key of a Use Your Illusion tour. It's hard to tell, but like when Axl would play Prostitute as an intro to November Rain in 2002, and it seemed to be faster and a rougher version. The same is applied to the This I Love intro to November Rain '92. Much faster, and seems to be a very early very raw version of the song.

Axl should've kept it in mind. Rather than having This I Love close out slowly, Axl should've sped up the progression and locked out with that almost piano solo breakdown that he played in '92. Would've been a wonderful end to a wonderful song.

Nice find again. I had re-listened to some of my 1992 boots awhile back and heard some of his Piano Solos and thought they sounded awfully familiar, but never really analyzed.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Here Robin played TIL solo in 2006
Uncanny

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
-D- wrote:

Here Robin played TIL solo in 2006
Uncanny

I can't hear it. I just hear Robin sonically assaulting my senses.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Yeah, I don't hear it too...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I missed the /sarcasm tag 16
BUT Robin had some great stuff going there... I really miss his playing style altough I find solos like this pretty annoying...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:

^^^ I'm a robin fan. His version of beautiful with fortus is .... well... beautiful

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

U didn't hear all those bends??? smile

Board footer