You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Which do you feel is most likley

Bono wrote:
Olorin wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Olorin wrote:

How can anyone toss aside someones opinion today because someone else said something conflicting years ago? Ridiculous argument.

It's not someone it's the same people. These boards have been visited by the same people for years. And what Axlin is saying is right when applied to the GNR Forum Fan Base as a whole.

Who, name names then. Dont gimmie that "people" argument, cause its worthless. Specific members here just gave their opinion on the state of play today, and it was just cast aside by Mr ID and Axlin because "people" in the past said something different. To me thats a worthless argument.

Just sayin 19

This here is exactly right. The "people" arguement and the "usual suspects" arguement is fucking horsehsit. This is nothing more than MisterID missing the point of the conversation and then turning it into a bitch fest because he thinks people are bashing his precious. MisterID went on and and on about "YOU" refering to me and then talking about others in here as if he has a detailed record of each person's post from 2002. I can assure him and anyone else I did think the image was lame BUT never cared about it and was excited as hell to support the band and the music. I'm positive most here can relate to that. Just like I'm one of the few who NEVER gives rats ass about Axl's weight, doesn't mean I can't chime in with an opinion if it's brought up whether that be in 2002 or 2012.  There's a big difference between acknowledging the general public was never gonna buy into the "freak show" then there is saying I don't like the image but I'm in full support of the band. Hilarious that some feel this is impossible. 

Like Olorin says pretty spineless to just say "people" were bitching back in the day and then tell those of us in here NOW that we need to show some self respect and stick by our opinions. roll

Lomax wrote:

Hello?

Anyone getting this?

Riad wrote:

They are also likely to use their time in Ireland to rehearse songs for an anticipated follow-up to their last album Chinese Democracy which took 13 years to complete. “The band like Ireland, they like playing here,” Desmond added. “I think he’s going to come back and deliver an 11 out of 10 show.”

BOOOOOOM

Source: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire … tml?via=mr

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I hear that and I apologize if I came off harsh in an attempt to get my point across.

The thing is, this is kind of a touchy subject with me because I was so pro-Robin for so long and took A LOT of shit for it. True story; I once broke a keyboard at the Sony Store I used to work at during one of buzz and I's heated ass 06/07 debates. During the entire era of 01 - 07 (most) GN'R fans ranted and raved about what an idiot I was for even thinking he belonged anywhere near GN'R let alone was as good as I was claiming.

Now I go strolling through the halls of GNR forums (other than this one) and find whole threads lamenting DJs existence and longing for a time when that perfect guitarist Robin Finck was in GNR. I look at that and think "WHAT. THE. FUCK. Where on Earth were these people way back when??"

It just seems (and again, this is generalizing) that GNR fans aren't happy with whatever is going on at the time and band members seem to be at the fore front of that.

Hey man no sweat, your the biggest Robin I know of and know how it must seem to you to read that now. I dont mean to lecture anyone, including Axlin or Mr ID, I just found it irksome. Thats why I've not been around as much, I'm too old and weary to get drawn into these debates, its hard to find the energy now, and at the end of the day we all have our point of view and I think its better to respect it rather than butt heads all the time.
Me, I've fell into the frame of mind that GNR are not going to meet my former expectations and I've lowered the bar dramatically, and now I'm happier with the current state of play than I have for a long time.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Riad wrote:

Hello?

Anyone getting this?

Riad wrote:

They are also likely to use their time in Ireland to rehearse songs for an anticipated follow-up to their last album Chinese Democracy which took 13 years to complete. “The band like Ireland, they like playing here,” Desmond added. “I think he’s going to come back and deliver an 11 out of 10 show.”

BOOOOOOM

Aye mate, I just dont believe it lol 22

Lomax wrote:

hehe yeah. Fair enough. Fingers crossed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Riad wrote:

Hello?

Anyone getting this?

Riad wrote:

BOOOOOOM

Axl Rose is the only surviving member of the original Guns'N’Roses line-up while keyboard player Dizzy Reed played at Slane Castle on the Use Your Illusions tour

What in the fucking hell?

Axl Rose is not the only surviving member of the original GN'R (although that would've made alot of sense in an alternate dimension).

Poor wording. Makes it sound like Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven are dead.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Olorin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Look. I don't catalog posts by users so I have them for back up in a future argument.

If you think there wasn't a HUGE amount of the GN'R online fan base complaining up a storm from 01 - 07 because Robin and / or Bucket looked way too different from Slash, or played the material far too different from Slash then you're just plain kidding yourself into trying to make your point.

Here's my thing; I like what I like and I don't care what the popular vote was at any given time. So when Axlin makes a generalizing statement like "GN'R fans", I can see that he's talking about the majority of the fan base and not just me. My personal guitarist opinion history goes like this:

Bucket- amazing playing, horrible image. Too off putting for the average GN'R fan
Ron- Average image, easily accessible both in look and personality, amazing playing
Robin- Incredible playing, very off putting look in 01/02, bad ass look in 06/07 and even better playing
DJ- Terrible look (IMO) but extremely marketable and accessible to a lot of fans. Pretty good playing (except the horror of TIL).

If you were to go back and do some sort of research on my post history, you'll find exactly that. And I firmly believe that if you wasted a bunch of time and energy to do the same on several other posters here, htgth or mygnr, you'd find Axlin to be right.

I get what they are implying, I just think it is weak to mockingly disregard someones opinion with such a vague counter argument in an attempt to devalue what they said.
I dont care what anyone else thinks or thought, I'm my own person with my own views, and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Its unfair to disregard someone in a discussion and generalise them with vague sweeping statements about other people.

I hear that and I apologize if I came off harsh in an attempt to get my point across.

The thing is, this is kind of a touchy subject with me because I was so pro-Robin for so long and took A LOT of shit for it. True story; I once broke a keyboard at the Sony Store I used to work at during one of buzz and I's heated ass 06/07 debates. During the entire era of 01 - 07 (most) GN'R fans ranted and raved about what an idiot I was for even thinking he belonged anywhere near GN'R let alone was as good as I was claiming.

Now I go strolling through the halls of GNR forums (other than this one) and find whole threads lamenting DJs existence and longing for a time when that perfect guitarist Robin Finck was in GNR. I look at that and think "WHAT. THE. FUCK. Where on Earth were these people way back when??"

It just seems (and again, this is generalizing) that GNR fans aren't happy with whatever is going on at the time and band members seem to be at the fore front of that.

Pretty much how I feel to a 'T'.

I saw far more Robin & Bucket love emerge AFTER they left than at any time they were ever in the band. I'm a Bucket fan, and I can honestly say I appreciate Bucket more today than I did ten years ago.

I still think the awful image they had in 2001-02 turned alot of people off that they were never able to get back. Especially the VMA show.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
Olorin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

It's not someone it's the same people. These boards have been visited by the same people for years. And what Axlin is saying is right when applied to the GNR Forum Fan Base as a whole.

Who, name names then. Dont gimmie that "people" argument, cause its worthless. Specific members here just gave their opinion on the state of play today, and it was just cast aside by Mr ID and Axlin because "people" in the past said something different. To me thats a worthless argument.

Just sayin 19

This here is exactly right. The "people" arguement and the "usual suspects" arguement is fucking horsehsit. This is nothing more than MisterID missing the point of the conversation and then turning it into a bitch fest because he thinks people are bashing his precious. MisterID went on and and on about "YOU" refering to me and then talking about others in here as if he has a detailed record of each person's post from 2002. I can assure him and anyone else I did think the image was lame BUT never cared about it and was excited as hell to support the band and the music. I'm positive most here can relate to that. Just like I'm one of the few who NEVER gives rats ass about Axl's weight, doesn't mean I can't chime in with an opinion if it's brought up whether that be in 2002 or 2012.  There's a big difference between acknowledging the general public was never gonna buy into the "freak show" then there is saying I don't like the image but I'm in full support of the band. Hilarious that some feel this is impossible. 

Like Olorin says pretty spineless to just say "people" were bitching back in the day and then tell those of us in here NOW that we need to show some self respect and stick by our opinions. roll

Just to make it clear, I was talking about people who were never excited about the new line up, or wanted new music from them, and the 02 image was a huge point for their hate. And it was a huge deal. I'm sorry but it was.

I never meant YOU, bono. I was saying that generally. Again, you're continuing to paint me as a fanboy yourself, with all the precious stuff. But whatever, dude. Even arguing about this stuff with you is useless. Have fun with it. smile

The complaining comes with the territory in the Gn'R world. And I'm glad they're playing Civil War and estranged, that they're playing club shows like we've wanted. It looks good to me. The one skull and roses logo doesn't bother me. But everyone has their limit and calling GN'R out is sometimes funny, right on and well deserved.

But the bashing of Duff pretty much sealed the deal for me. People loved him literally the day before he accepted the band as GN'R and opened for them, now they say they have no respect for him and some were even diminishing his bass skills when before he was one of the best bass players on the planet. And I've been seeing the "usual suspects" start with the "I had more respect for them back in 02 when he was doing something different" when their view was much, much different back then. And they wanted what they have now with the new line up.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I view it like this:

Axl and Slash was like having a hot blonde as your wife.

Axl and Robin/Bucket was like replacing your blonde wife with an awesome giant robot toy dinosaur that you take out socially.
Can't deny it's sort of cool - but at the same time - not only isn't it the blonde chick we knew as your wife, it seems you're dating something that doesn't even really fit the expected job description of "wife".

Axl and DJ is like you start dating the hottest brunette girl around at the moment. Sure she's still not your wife so the people wanting the marrage back are upset, but at the same time she's a great catch, and at least she seems to be the sort of girl you'd marry and not a robot. But then even though she's a hot brunette and your friends would be envious to be with her, she starts wearing around a blonde wig, telling your wifes old party jokes and doing the same dance your wife did when drunk.

Your friends arn't sure what to think. They'd love to see you back with the wife but know you've both moved on, they're glad to see you've got over the sick dinosaur fettish...but damn..things would just be so much more comftorable if this chick would loose the wig and be herself....

It's not that we don't like her, it's just in that blonde wig it makes me feel awkward dude....

Board footer