You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Best Cover Songs

Mikkamakka wrote:

We all know that GN'R were the master of covers, and most bands/artists fail to bring something special when covering someone else's work...but there are fantastic new versions. I'm curious to hear some more great covers.

Two of my favourites:

johndivney wrote:

neil young - oh, lonesome me

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I'm a big Ramones fan, and don't really like Manson at all, but I've always dug this:

Actually, most of the Ramones tribute album that's from is pretty cool.

Lomax wrote:

Really?
I'm disappointed in you people.

Sure it's crespo and supa. But it's great!

Bowie's Wild is the Wind

Station to fucking station bitches.

Oh and what about:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

Spectrum - True Love Will Find You in The End

Spring/American Spring - Falling in Love

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

There's a few I like and I'll post them but based on the fact I feel this is the one cover I've ever heard that absolutely fully and completely puts the original to shame I gotta say this is the best cover I've heard. The wide open all encompasing soundtrack to your life type sound of the guitars, the pounding drums and the passion and emotion in Bono's voice just makes it so the original by the Righteous Brothers can't even begin to compare in my opinion.

Wonderwall by Oasis is a great and classic song and Ryan Adams made an equally great and classic cover albeit by adding a totally different tone and feel to the song

I can't say this one is without question better than the original by Carly Simon BUT I enjoy it more and I think it's one of the funnest covers ever made. I've always loved it.

If I have U2 doing a cover I gotta have someone covering U2 and Jack White gives a wicked performance of Love is Blindness which is what I consider to be the best close out song for an album(Achtung Baby) ever.

And most recently I thought Linkin Park's live cover of Adele's Rolling in the Deep was pretty impressive
[youtube]dHtwZ07N1ic&ob=av2e[/youtube]

I have a whole list of'em but I'll leave it at that for now.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Riad wrote:

Bowie's Wild is the Wind

16 At first I saw this and thought it would be a Bon Jovi cover. I clicked on it and thought "WTF this isin't a Bon Jovi song" 16

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

These are some covers that I think are pretty solid. big_smile

Phil Collins-Can't Stop Loving You (Leo Sayer cover)

Mr. Phil Collins everybody! He made this song his own!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5463f8lWFp0

Santana ft. Chris Daughtry-Photograph (Def Leppard cover)

Say you what you want about Daughtry, but he made this cover pretty badass even though it will never be as superior as the original classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gjCn70d6iA

Enjoy!

P.S. How do you get the video image to show up on the page after you post on the forum. Thanks!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:

I go back and forth with covers. Sometimes I like them to have no point really and by that I mean an almost dead on (or very slightly different) update of the original, super popular song like say this:

Other times I like them to be completely different from the original and something obscure on top of that, like this:

I love the Billy Idol cover of that song. Have it on my ipod! big_smile Who doesn't love Billy Idol?  xD

Board footer