You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Best Cover Songs

Bono wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Enjoy!

P.S. How do you get the video image to show up on the page after you post on the forum. Thanks!

When you go to make a post click on "Advanced reply" underneath the box. Then click the "utube" option to the upper right of the page where all the emoticons are. Then copy and paste the url link of the youtube video into the space. it'll look like this....

[youtube] url link in here [/youtube]

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Best you will ever hear this sung. The ending gives me chills.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Bon Jovi are like GNR, anything they cover is usually better than original: One of my fave things about bands are how good are the backing vocalist. With Richie,Dave,Alec, BJ backup vocals are 2nd to none. Tico may be one of the most under rated drummers of all time.. musicianship is off charts. Dave won a freaking Tony Award for writing Broadway show for fuck's sake.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I don't know what it is but I've never been overly impressed with Bon Jovi's cover of Hallelujah. It's good don't get me wrong but I've never been struck by it. KD Lang's version now... WOW!

This was her performance at the 2010 winter olympics. It's incredible. No video is avilable though dude to copyrights.
[youtube]7oZN2eTgvVs&feature=related[/youtube]

I'd also LOVE to hear U2 do a full version of it(Bono's actual studio cover of it sucks). Bono used it as an into to Where the Streets Have no Name though on a  few shows last tour. Sounded pretty good for just him and his very limited guitar skills 14

I know it's not an opinion shared by everyone but Bono's voice has so much soul that songs like Hallelujah seem tailor made for him as well as this one. Would love to hear a full version of this as well
[youtube]BKBTl8HjeEM&feature=related[/youtube]

Lomax wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I assume you've heard this?

If you haven't and you want it, let me know. I have the entire show in far better quality than this YouTube post.

Uhm. No. That's my favorite song. Fucking great cover. I do prefer the stones version but this is good as fuck.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Bono wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Enjoy!

P.S. How do you get the video image to show up on the page after you post on the forum. Thanks!

When you go to make a post click on "Advanced reply" underneath the box. Then click the "utube" option to the upper right of the page where all the emoticons are. Then copy and paste the url link of the youtube video into the space. it'll look like this....

[youtube] url link in here [/youtube]

Thanks Bono. 9

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i don't know if this counts as a cover but...

-D-

-D- wrote:

I've heard it. Great stuff. Goes back to my backing vocals comment. Richie Prob greatest backing vocalist that wasn't a lead vocalist i've ever heard. 

Jon also does an amazing cover of Carole King's "Goin Back"

Fucking gives me chills everytime:

Board footer