You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: About a Reunion...

Gibbo wrote:

yer like the britney mic 14:laugh::laugh:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Presence is a good point actually. When I was young I would have thought it was the running and stuff, but as they've got older I realise it's just outright charisma that Axl and Slash both possess.

I got very close to Slash at that MTV thing I went to and there's just a certain vibe about him, like he was born to be famous.

Like I say, musically I have no doubts, what did they ever make together that was really shit? Slash's skills have improved, and I think Axl's wrote some amazing vocal lines on CD.

The only risk to me would be the condition of Axl's voice on that particular hour of that particular day if it's a one-off, but a studio track, or something similar...greatness is pretty much assured.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If 2010 Axl shows up, with current Slash... people would shit themselves how good it'd be. Even if fucking Gilby was on rhythm. They would remind everyone who they are and what they are.

At the same time, GN'R has left a SHIT TON of money on the table. I'd say possibly more than Zeppelin & Floyd. Because those bands were already over. GN'R walked away the U2 of hard rock at the time of the dissolution.

With that said, it truely does boil down to the mood in the air.

I was saying in another thread how all of these guys have reached a point where the pressure from this is gone. The expectation to deliver is gone. Axl & Slash both have the security of knowing, they have something else to express themselves artistically and also not feel that pressure.

And that itself, MIGHT be what brings them together in the end. There's no pressure anymore. They can just be buds, because the drama has gone.

I'm assuming time has healed the wounds on some level... otherwise BOTH Axl & Slash would not have already publicly said they'd consider it, with Axl ironically being the first one out of the gate to say it.

What I find bizarre is when people say, "i'd rather have this than that".

Huh?

This is Guns N' Fuckin' Roses man. Whatever era, whatever lineup... as long as new music is involved i'll take whatever they want to do.

But at the same time, Axl doing club shows playing the same fucking tour he's played since 2009 is beyond lame at this point. Shit or get off the pot with this band. If he's gonna do that... just reunite.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'd take a reunion now, I think they would still be a credible live act, I think the tension between them would have them all competing and trying to out perform each other and it would be magical, thats probably how they were so great on stage to begin with.
I wouldnt even miss the new line up, one album in 15 years just hasnt cut it, dont care how well they perform the old songs, that was never the point of bringing in new musicians to be Guns N'Roses.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Plus, no one is on substances anymore. that imo was the breakup. sober guys can't work with drugged up or drunk guys.

Now they are all clean, could communicate better and would murder it live and Duff and Slash are even better players now.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Plus, no one is on substances anymore. that imo was the breakup. sober guys can't work with drugged up or drunk guys.

Now they are all clean, could communicate better and would murder it live and Duff and Slash are even better players now.

That would help the situation, but I think the money and success they achieved played an equal part in the breakup.  That would still be an issue, and an even greater one than in the past.  Still massive amounts of problems to overcome for a reunion to be even a remote possibility.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

not really. all fences have been mended except slash/Axl but i think where Slash is sober now... all it would take is one conversation and they'd be back.

faldor

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

not really. all fences have been mended except slash/Axl but i think where Slash is sober now... all it would take is one conversation and they'd be back.

I don't think it would be that easy.  There's a lot of hatred, misdirected, unwarranted, or not built up over the years.  That doesn't go away that easily.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Now on that I do agree with faldor here. I think for Axl & Slash to be cool together... yeah, probably a good conversation, a cry, a hug, some nice dinner with Slash & Perla, and hanging out -- it'd probably be a done deal.

But in terms of the BAND, and the legal wrangling and money that might be tricky, more time involved, and stagnate the process.

Axl is NOT gonna give those guys equal percentages of the band name back, ever again. That's NOT gonna happen. Axl MIGHT be willing to give them equal percentages in a new business partnership (that actually is the technical legal band), but the name ownership would stay Axl's.

Axl is also not gonna start coming on stage on Slash's time. Even on his best day, Axl might consistently come out at 11pm, and stay true to that.

So I could see Axl giving Slash and the rest a new business partnership with equal percentages, but without the actual name being involved.

But Slash is gonna have to give Axl his "timetable" and be willing to perform later, without bitching about it constantly.

The legal wrangling and performing agreement would take more time. BUT I truely believe that if Van Halen can do it (who Dave & Eddie HATED each other), can pull it off... Axl & Slash can too. Obviously both of them have a willingness in their heart to love the other one. It's just getting there.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I have to admit, listening to the new Van Halen has got me thinking more about the possibility of a reunited GNR.  Like you said, if VH can do it, most anything is possible.  I just don't think it'd be an easy and quick solution.  We've been given no reason to believe it's anywhere close, so until we are given a reason I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Board footer