You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Roseland Ballroom, NYC 02/10/12

James wrote:

Internet Axlites eating their words, contradicting themselves & looking like fools like they did back in 2008?

Fuck I gotta start checking the GNR section more often. That shit was comedy gold.

James

James wrote:

KV & madagas arguing? Pigs just flew by my bedroom window.

Dont care how much he weighs.The travesty is 4 years after CD they havent recorded anything & obviously a long ways from even pipedreaming about another album.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I totally get where monkey is coming from.

That's why I feel so strongly that I wish I could BEG Axl, please Axl, PLEASE get in a studio. PLEASE. Do it now, before it's too late.

For sure man, I figure there's not to many people who ever had a voice like Axls (maybe the Nazareth guy a little bit) and no one had it with his range, and for sure no one had it with his ability to pick melodies and his unique worldview that makes for those lyrics.

When it's gone, the world will be worse off....so I just pray Axl's got more in his vault or will record more soon...to leave as much of his art behind as possible.

This is a fan boy comment but the other day I listened to the live boot of Sailing - the Rod Stewart song that the band was doing sometime, I think circa 2006 but I'm not sure. Axl's voice on that track was fucking spiritual to me almost, like he swooped up to the high notes and the tone, the passion, it added so much depth to the existing meaning of the song. It's beautiful and I'm grateful to hear it.

But the thing is I ask myself. If things like that only exist in live settings think of the loss to the future. Who enjoyed that? The lucky few who were around that night...and the rest of us who listen to it complete with pocket-tape-deck quality and the noise of some guys drinking a beer in the background. But if that was to exist with that much beauty on a studio track somewhere - that's something for future generations just the way Sweet Child of Mine will always be around now.

So i guess on some level that's why I wish there was more focus on recording not on shows. I love shows. And I will go to any. Hell I wish there were some in my town again soon. And I realise they pay the bills. But the other part of my brain worries - and it tells me if Axl's voice keeps changing - that it's more important to capture songs like the one he sang to DJ around the piano in the hotel room one night that hadn't been recorded, than it is to sing Jungle.

I'm also pretty sure even if his voice is different he could just compose around the new voice.

Axlin12 wrote:

I also don't think it helps when you've got beggars & hangers on, and the band (who I understand are trying to be supportive), constantly telling Axl how GREAT he sounds, when even Axl himself knows how fucking terrible he sounds. Rio IV is a prime example. "I think you sound great!"

I disagree on that part. This is speculation but if I look at the entire known history of Axl I see a guy who is often emotional and moody. Also when you consider the censorship of negative opinions and how Axl has said that positive comments mean more to him than we can know. I think sometimes he might get upset and that just makes things worse, so people around him try to keep him upbeat.

As for the looks issue, I don't much care. In my opinion the vocal issues are unconnected to his general health and or any weight gain. Plenty of opera stars are double Axl's weight class and have extreme power in their voice. While in an ideal world I guess he'd be physically fit, I think the broader issue is that he has some kind of broader vocal problem compared to the past. Maybe it's age, maybe it's damage. Not sure. Again - I'd just love to see him work out some new studio tracks before any of these things limit the options any more.

I know not everyone likes it, but I think there's musical genius in some of CD, it's a strong album to me, and I'd love to hear more tunes before age or other natural causes makes it impossible.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

KV & madagas arguing? Pigs just flew by my bedroom window.

Dont care how much he weighs.The travesty is 4 years after CD they havent recorded anything & obviously a long ways from even pipedreaming about another album.

Do you really want to hear anything from the current line up?
I sure as hell dont. I still want to hear the BH and Robin sessions without DJ and BBF shitting over the 2002 versions but that will never happen.

Plus axl cant sing anymore, they would have to pro tool the shit out of his voice to make him sound half way decent.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
madagas wrote:

no, I've read your posts for a long time. Ever since Bucket left, you've been bitter. Period. An objective reading of your posts across multiple boards. You are not quite Dave....but are closing in.

Listen, I am still bitter about alot of stuff too. However, I do realize some Axl is better than no Axl. We had a lot of no Axl for awhile and it sucked. So, I am just trying to make the best of what we got.

Enough...done preaching.

Dave as in me? The funny thing is, as time goes on more and more fans are coming over to my line of thinking.  Why do you think that is?  Its because more and more fans are taking off their Axl Rose colored glasses and accepting the truth.

What has Axl done since Robin left the band?   NOTHING, he has just toured off of the GHs tour.   We never even really got a proper CD tour save the few shows they did in Canada that had CD heavy set lists, but that all stopped.

Its a joke the set list they are playing now, I bet you think its cool they are playing TWO AC DC COVERS.

The current line up is a gloried cover band.  AT least when BH , Brain and Robin were in the band Axl was trying to build toward something, but he is not even trying anymore and just half assing the the cash grab tours.

Just look at RIR, it was supposed to start something huge and RIR was the biggest disaster in the history of Gnr.  Axl almost killed Gnr that night.

Also the US tour was a joke, they averaged 4000 people, that is laughable by Gnr standards.

Axl really just needs to give it up. He is like fat elvis now.
No he is not super fat, but is voice is out of shape all the time, and he is a shell of what he was, hell he is a shell of what he was in 2002

James

James wrote:

Doesn't even matter anymore who is in the band. He's not getting any younger & has about a 5 yr window tops to do anything substantial. If he wants to spend that precious time doing nostalgia tours instead of releasing albums, its a shame.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

The other thing is, if he is going to try and write rock n roll songs again why do it with a wanna be slash (aka DJ), why not just get Slash Izzy and Duff back and make the rock album with them.

Its really too bad axl waited so long, he could have done something speical with those three albums with BH, Robin and Brain.

Just think he would have done the whole three cd thing wiht that band from 2002-2011 then the RnR HOF with the old band and finish off his career with the orginal guys

James

James wrote:

Who thought Rio was gonna "start something huge"? It was obvious to everyone & their grandma it was a new leg of nostalgia. Anyone that was disappointed that nothing huge happened when theres no new music& CD rotting on shelves can only blame themselves.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Who thought Rio was gonna "start something huge"? It was obvious to everyone & their grandma it was a new leg of nostalgia. Anyone that was disappointed that nothing huge happened when theres no new music& CD rotting on shelves can only blame themselves.

Well every RIR cept this past one Axl played something new.

RIR II was the UYI stuff.
RIR III was the first CD stuff and RIR Lisborn he played more Cd stuff.

There was tons of speculation RIR IV would start off the follow up album stuff and we would get some unheard stuff like at all the other RIRs.

Sky Dog wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
madagas wrote:

no, I've read your posts for a long time. Ever since Bucket left, you've been bitter. Period. An objective reading of your posts across multiple boards. You are not quite Dave....but are closing in.

Listen, I am still bitter about alot of stuff too. However, I do realize some Axl is better than no Axl. We had a lot of no Axl for awhile and it sucked. So, I am just trying to make the best of what we got.

Enough...done preaching.

Dave as in me? The funny thing is, as time goes on more and more fans are coming over to my line of thinking.  Why do you think that is?  Its because more and more fans are taking off their Axl Rose colored glasses and accepting the truth.

What has Axl done since Robin left the band?   NOTHING, he has just toured off of the GHs tour.   We never even really got a proper CD tour save the few shows they did in Canada that had CD heavy set lists, but that all stopped.

Its a joke the set list they are playing now, I bet you think its cool they are playing TWO AC DC COVERS.

The current line up is a gloried cover band.  AT least when BH , Brain and Robin were in the band Axl was trying to build toward something, but he is not even trying anymore and just half assing the the cash grab tours.

Just look at RIR, it was supposed to start something huge and RIR was the biggest disaster in the history of Gnr.  Axl almost killed Gnr that night.

Also the US tour was a joke, they averaged 4000 people, that is laughable by Gnr standards.

Axl really just needs to give it up. He is like fat elvis now.
No he is not super fat, but is voice is out of shape all the time, and he is a shell of what he was, hell he is a shell of what he was in 2002

....I hate the AC/DC covers and they averaged 6500 on the US Tour. 16

Board footer