You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Roseland Ballroom, NYC 02/10/12

Sky Dog wrote:

yep....no effort to get new music out. That is my problem as well. Like I said after my Atlanta show, I'm over the Chinese era unless he is inclined to release some unheard songs (which, apparently, he is not).

These current shows seem to be just for fun, and I don't blame them for that. However, the Euro tour seems to be nothing but an excuse for Axl to avoid the RRHOF.  hmm

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I'll still go see them when they're out my way, but it's starting to look like more and more of a nostalgia act.

The long shot hope I've got is that Axl's dialing his voice back on this tour to save it for the studio, but that's all I got, and it ain't much.

Can't for the life of me see some of these guys sticking around if it becomes inner band knowledge that new stuff isn't gonna happen.

Sky Dog wrote:

well, here is this today from Dizzy on Billboard...as usual no concrete plans.

And how about work on a follow-up to 2008's "Chinese Democracy?" "There are some clamoring and rumors that we might be getting some material together here after we do this little (theater) run, so we'll see what happens," Reed says. "I just go with the flow. I'm always recording and stuff. If it happens it will be really fun and cool. I love creating stuff with all the guys. And there was so much material that didn't make it onto ('Chinese Democracy'). From what I remember there were a lot of really cool songs; I can only hope that some of that stuff does resurface and gets worked out."

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/all-ori … 5362.story

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
madagas wrote:

well, here is this today from Dizzy on Billboard...as usual no concrete plans.

And how about work on a follow-up to 2008's "Chinese Democracy?" "There are some clamoring and rumors that we might be getting some material together here after we do this little (theater) run, so we'll see what happens," Reed says. "I just go with the flow. I'm always recording and stuff. If it happens it will be really fun and cool. I love creating stuff with all the guys. And there was so much material that didn't make it onto ('Chinese Democracy'). From what I remember there were a lot of really cool songs; I can only hope that some of that stuff does resurface and gets worked out."

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/all-ori … 5362.story

The curse of Chinese democracy remains! 3 years after the album has been released were still asking when?

Get the best of the rest out there and start afresh.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
madagas wrote:

yep....no effort to get new music out. That is my problem as well. Like I said after my Atlanta show, I'm over the Chinese era unless he is inclined to release some unheard songs (which, apparently, he is not).

These current shows seem to be just for fun, and I don't blame them for that. However, the Euro tour seems to be nothing but an excuse for Axl to avoid the RRHOF.  hmm

how is a european tour in may-july going to stop him from being at the RRHOF ceremony in mid april?? it also seems, that if we get to hear new music, it`s at the european shows, as mentioned in various articles about the shows...

Sky Dog wrote:

it shouldn't stop him, but I think he will come up with some form of excuse...can't come because we are writing a new album .... can't come because we have to get ready for a big European tour....any excuse you can think of. We will get it.

Sky Dog wrote:
WARose wrote:
madagas wrote:

how is a european tour in may-july going to stop him from being at the RRHOF ceremony in mid april?? it also seems, that if we get to hear new music, it`s at the european shows, as mentioned in various articles about the shows...

and I'll kiss your ass if we hear any new music, live or recorded, this year. 16

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I agree with you, madagas.

I also think that we will know if Axl has made up his mind about the RRHOF when tour dates stop popping up around that time.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
faldor wrote:

I don't think the setlists are a problem, it's more the fact that there appears to be no effort being put forth to get new music out there.  If they were playing the same setlist, with a release date in sight, I don't think people would care as much.  Aside from the faction of people who would complain about not hearing the new songs before the record came out.  But here we sit, with no new music on the horizon, so what do we really have to look forward to?

As far as the show itself though.  The band is still bringing it every single show at a top notch level.  So for people in attendance, everything is great.  For the armchair quaterbacks though, it's a different story.  Always has been, and always will be.

yeah the setlist is pretty well rounded...yeah sucks that they dont shake up the set a whole lot, but they have added a a few new tunes to the set in 2010-12 including big time gnr classics like Dont Cry, Estranged and Civil war...how can you be upset with that?

they could come out and play the whole fucking catalogue in one massive 12 hour gig and i'm sure someone would complain that they didnt play the general 16

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I think the problem is that this band is still looking back and not looking forward. Additions such as DC, Estrange, and CW do not really help that cause.

Board footer