You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Roseland Ballroom, NYC 02/10/12

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Again, just my opinion, but this is the crux of the problem. None of what you said has anything to do with a setlist, yet the setlist (or whatever the particular argument of the day is) is really just a scapegoat for a lot of anger directed at Axl from THE FANBASE for a whole lot of deep stuff. Not the general public.

And you're saying a lot of what faldor hit on.

It has everything to do with the setlist because nothing new is included and in fact more CD songs have been cut. How can you not see this. the reason the setlist gets bagged on is because it's the current reference point. If there was nothing but silence that would be the reference point.  The setlist  shows backwards motion or the band being stagnant with it's refusal to embrace a new era  not progression. Yes adding old songs here and there is cool but they could do that every single night and they don't. Where's the new forward moving songs?

Some of you guys seem to think this attitude being expressed is exclusive to jaded bitter reunionist Gn'R fans. Hell it hasn't even been 3 years since U2 released No Line and yet U2 fans are becoming restless. BUT U2 fans loved the fact U2 played 6 unreleased songs on their 360 tour. That showed them there is in fact something new in the works.

If Gn'R were to throw new songs into the mix it would go a long way. fans would then know something is happening

Let's assume, another record is in the plans, whenever that may be.  Let's also assume that they do have some unheard material that they COULD play on a given night.  Do you think with all that went down with the leaks leading up to CD pretty much being forced out, they might be wary of letting anything new slip out until it's ready?

I'm just asking, not saying they should handle it that way.  Could be a factor, probably not, but you never know.  For all we know we could be on the brink of a new album, 10 years away, or we could never get one.  I'd like to think that some sort of plans are afoot with the website being launched and other things seemingly moving in the right direction.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I don't know. U2 wasn't affraid of leaks when they played 6 new songs on tour and hit the stage with one studio version(Kingdom) so.... If that's what they are affraid if they are pretty damn anal.  leaks are a risk for any band but I suppose eveything is of greater consequenecs in Gn'R land and everything is always much harder and more difficult because they just seem to always get fucked over........... leaks are the reason we do't hear new material?  That would be lame as hell.

Maybe Axl just doesn't wanna get anyone's hopes up this time. maybe one day it will just magically appear in stores. How many Tuesdays left in 2012?  As long as they dont' fuck with fans the way they did in 2006 I'll buy the next album

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

But I personally think the shows kick ass. If anyone wants to call me an Axlite (I invented that term, btw 16) or a blind follower, okay. But I think the shows are the one big positive about the current era. On top of the fact we've been getting more Axl interviews, streamed shows by the band, and a band that seems more OPENLY positive about their future than I have seen in over ten years, is good sign to me.

I dont' think anyone disagrees that the band being active is better than silence and that the shows are kickass but the setlist is the reason why fans start screaming about this. If this is the plan to be active and not release new material than the old band should be doing what this band is doing. I think that's what people are saying. I'd love a reunion but I'd also like THIS band to do something of consequence music wise rather than live off the old band. I just feel if this is how it's gonna be I'd rather have the old band doing it.  Hell this isn't even the Chinese Democracy band.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

I don't know. U2 wasn't affraid of leaks when they played 6 new songs on tour and hit the stage with one studio version(Kingdom) so.... If that's what they are affraid if they are pretty damn anal.  leaks are a risk for any band but I suppose eveything is of greater consequenecs in Gn'R land and everything is always much harder and more difficult because they just seem to always get fucked over........... leaks are the reason we do't hear new material?  That would be lame as hell.

Maybe Axl just doesn't wanna get anyone's hopes up this time. maybe one day it will just magically appear in stores. How many Tuesdays left in 2012?  As long as they dont' fuck with fans the way they did in 2006 I'll buy the next album

Every artist has to deal with leaks obviously, it's unavoidable.  But Chinese Democracy rewrote the book on leaks.  Basically the entire album leaked in the YEARS leading to the album release.  That's a little different than an album leaking a week before it's to be released or a band playing a handful of songs live off their upcoming album.  GNR was going that route when they started back in 2001 but for a multitude of reasons that train was derailed. 

So I'm just saying, since leaks basically killed any and all suspense of the last album, MAYBE they want the next one to be as fresh as can be expected.  Again, I kind of doubt that's the case, just speculating.

Bono

Bono wrote:

leaks killed the suspense because it was dragged out for almost a  decade 16 Act like a normal band and that shit doesn't happen.

They don't have to play new songs but just confirm with fans that they are in fact making a  new record and give a time table. The fact Axl can't and won't do that means there is no concrete plan for anything.  If they said they fully intend on releasing an album by years end so be it. Keep the new songs hidden but if not throw a bone.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I wonder where this new album will come from, when you look at the music section of the new site it has credits for the musicians on the albums, I couldnt help notice they've kinda inflated the contributions of some of the current members on CD(are they really saying Frank drums on twat because he bangs a drum twice during that intro lol)

But anyway, looks like they are trying to leave the past members behind, I cant see the next album having much Bucket, Robin and Brain  -if any. So are they going to write new stuff to replace that or rerecord it with the current band?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

New album? What new album?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I wonder where this new album will come from, when you look at the music section of the new site it has credits for the musicians on the albums, I couldnt help notice they've kinda inflated the contributions of some of the current members on CD(are they really saying Frank drums on twat because he bangs a drum twice during that intro lol)

But anyway, looks like they are trying to leave the past members behind, I cant see the next album having much Bucket, Robin and Brain  -if any. So are they going to write new stuff to replace that or rerecord it with the current band?

A logical brain would think that, and I hope Axl letting DJ tag along is alluding to just that... moving on from that clusterfuck era of the band. Not to mention Axl has a more sellable image for the label now with the rebooted 80's sleaze rock band image.

But at the same time... Axl's letting that same exact band run around and cover those CD songs across the world nightly.

So who friggin' knows. As of right now, nothing seems to be moving forward.

Board footer