You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Better Remix

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Congrats to the person who created this as making the song worse than the album version should have been impossible.

haha

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

I'd love to hear the whole track with JUST the acoustic shit...

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Hate to regurgitate such an old topic, but I've liked this remix since the first time I found it on YouTube smile If it is fan-made I wish they'd throw more remixes up on Youtube.

Would love to hear the GNR remix album too.

Will

Will wrote:
Furbush wrote:

I'd love to hear the whole track with JUST the acoustic shit...

If it's fanmade I'm guessing the acoustics are done by Silvano Teixera. Years ago there were loads of his acoustic instrumentals floating around but they seem to have disappeared. This is his Madagascar performance with the Axl multitrack overdubbed...

Fantastic 9

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:

It's not fake.
On late 2011 mr. soulmonster found on his hometown two copies of the How Are You Grenade Cover version of Chinese Democracy. One, he kept for himself, the other one he offered to MSL in trade of something. MSL offered him Better Gone, the 6th item of this list.
Better Gone is an acoustic-hip hop version of Better remixed by Brian 'Brain' Mantia, former Guns N' Roses drummer who confirmed on several interviews to be working on remixes for Axl Rose.
MSL had some kind of agreement with Guns N' Roses in which he couldn't leak any of the items on that list, one of the main reasons he never admits his envolvement with the Better Gone leak. Actually, up to date he refused to say any word on it, but has given hints that he was somehow involved, for example:
"The grenade CD was real. There are only 2 known copies in the world. Both copies are different (they are different drafts of the grenade booklet). I don't have the grenade CD anymore. I sold it for $5,000.", which he posted on his own website.
mr. soulmonster didn't leak Better Gone. He sent to a person, who sent to another and as it goes the song ended up being leaked, after a few months of internal sharing between a small circle. Brain confirmed to both mr. soulmonster and the laker the legitimacy of the song.

AtariLegend wrote:

Manets = MYGNR Troll always posting fake remixes and threads on MYGNR, pretending to be an insider.

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:

When did I post fake remixes? When did I pretend to be an insider?
Please, I'm waiting for you to justify your false acusations against me. Camon.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You've been spewing bullshit for YEARS. You don't do it here very often because that shit doesn't fly here.  I put you in your place many times over at that gnfnr.com forum a few years ago. Your "inside info" about not one but TWO imminent albums was laughable. Three years later there's still nothing and you're still up to your same old shit.

When you post like a normal person, you're not bad at all. When you do the insider schtick, you're a turd in need of flushing.

Will

Will wrote:

In Manets defense...

MSL posted the following at his board today in the Prostitute Multitracks thread:-

Here is what I have in my Chinese Democracy demo folder:

Better 2006 Instrumental
Better 2006
Better 2007
Better 2008
Better_Gone
Blood In The Water (clip)
Catcher In the Rye 1999
Checkmate 1999 (clip)
Chinese Democracy 2007
Chinese Democracy 2008
If The World 2008
IRS 1999
IRS 2006 Instrumental
IRS 2006
IRS 2007
IRS 2008
Madagascar 2007
Madagascar 2008
Prostitute 2008
Rhiad And The Bedouins 2008
Shackler's Revenge 2008
The Blues 2007
The Blues 2008
TWAT 1999
TWAT 2006 Instrumental
TWAT 2006 Instrumental Short
TWAT 2006 Short
TWAT 2006
TWAT 2007
TWAT 2008

MSL later posted the following in the "Questions for you MSL" thread:-

I would always share the unreleased songs I had. I no longer have unreleased songs.

Could be that Mister just likes the version on Youtube and downloaded it, but it's the only track listed which hasn't already been shared online as far as I can see?

Whether it's "real" or not I still like it smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Personally I don't care for remixes...especially when they're genre changing...like moving Better from Rock to Electronic.....

While it's kinda "fun" - this version removes all the emotional intensity from the song....seems pointless to me.

I want the song Axl played DJ on the piano one night in his hotel.

I want the other songs written in 1999.

I want something done by the current line up.

Waiting for Chinese Democracy was an adventure, and the album was good, but it's time to move to the next thing, remixing songs that were already done is pointless, especially when the commercial versions have already been re-done, protooled and altered within an inch of their life hundreds if not thousands of times before release anyway.

Seriously, the band needs to move to a new era of Chinese 2 - even if that's still messing with old songs - they need to mess with NEW old songs...Better, Catcher, TWAT etc can take their place now with finished works like Jungle, November Rain etc....move on please. please. please. PLEASE!

Board footer