You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Finally

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with the idea that rock can be tongue-in-cheek.

This just sucks. It might be trying to be funny, but it's just... not there. The catchy part. I'm sorry if any offense was given.

But I just ain't getting into it. And this is coming from an 80's KISS fan who almost ALWAYS were parodying the scene.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Nothing wrong with tongue in cheek, I'll be seeing Steel Panther in a few weeks, and I think they're hilarious.

I just think the band that this thread was started about, look like a bunch of dorks, and the only 'fun' I see in them is at their expense and not in a good way.

There are too many 'dork' bands flooding the airwaves these days, and I'd rather see a kick ass rock band come out that doesn't take themselves too seriously, than a bunch of pretentious college nerds trying to be hip, by poking fun at the genre.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

The latest Foxy album is a grower, but their self titled album in my opinion is the best album I own.
I had become bored of the rock scene, then all of a sudden *bam*.
Modern day classic.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Nothing wrong with tongue in cheek, I'll be seeing Steel Panther in a few weeks, and I think they're hilarious.

I just think the band that this thread was started about, look like a bunch of dorks, and the only 'fun' I see in them is at their expense and not in a good way.

There are too many 'dork' bands flooding the airwaves these days, and I'd rather see a kick ass rock band come out that doesn't take themselves too seriously, than a bunch of pretentious college nerds trying to be hip, by poking fun at the genre.

They're not that, I guarantee.

Yeah it's all subjective I suppose, but they're genuinely a good band with some catchy material who bring a smile to your face.

Definitely not andrew wk either.

As for rock being 'cool' when i first started listening to rock music it had nothing to do with being 'cool'.

Axl's tracksuit / cornrow look is the end result of someone trying to be 'cool'.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
axlgod wrote:

The latest Foxy album is a grower, but their self titled album in my opinion is the best album I own.
I had become bored of the rock scene, then all of a sudden *bam*.
Modern day classic.

Only just got the album but I agree it's a grower. Love the holy touch video as well!

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= … 2QH9fpJSgw

Board footer