You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Gonna sound like a prick here, but if u don't think Steven contributed to afd songwriting u are very ignorant on the subject and have no grasp on the process. Drummers make a huge difference with feel,groove etc. Agree on sorum, he is dime a dozen heavy handed generic drummer but the special ones add something irreplaceable. Stevens drumming on afd is special

His drumming isn't special. It fit what they were doing, though. But he never went on to do anything remotely relevent or special. Matt has a fantastic resume on the other hand. He's a drummer people seek out to be on their records.

And I'm far from a Matt supporter, but it's not even close.

I think the only thing he got credit for having an actual hand in creating was Rocket Queen and that was just backing Slash. I just don't see what was so great about what he contributed.

...except cowbell.

misterID wrote:

His drumming isn't special. It fit what they were doing, though. But he never went on to do anything remotely relevent or special. Matt has a fantastic resume, on the other hand. He's a drummer people seek out to be on their records.

I think the only thing he got credit for having an actual hand in creating was Rocket Queen and that was just backing Slash. I just don't see what was so great about what he contributed.

...except cowbell.

well I think Steven's drumming is awesome, I have never liked Matt, his drumming is ok but his drumming is nothing special in my opinion, and in interviews he seems like an asshole. 9

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

I saw that edit!

http://www.universityobserver.ie/wp-con … wisjpg.jpg

"Here's the thing... I don't give a tuppenny fuck about your moral conundrum, you meat-headed shit-sack... That's pretty much the thing."

I fuckin love Gangs of New York....:mosh:

Bill: [taps his glass eye with a knife] I know your works. You are neither cold nor hot. So because you are lukewarm, I will spew you out of my mouth. You can build your filthy world without me. I took the father. Now I'll take the son. You tell young Vallon I'm gonna paint Paradise Square with his blood. Two coats. I'll festoon my bedchamber with his guts. As for you, Mr. Tammany-fucking-Hall, you come down to the Points again, and you'll be dispatched by my own hand. Get back to your celebration and let me eat in peace.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sorum is a pro.

Adler had killer feel.

Both are pretty damn good.

Sky Dog wrote:

actually, they really aren't...they just had 4 bad asses to make their job easy. But, I guess I would rather be lucky than good.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Drummers do WAY more than u guys give them credit for. Sometimes the energy and groove a drummer has, will actually help spark the creativity of the guitarist and he write a killer riff thanks to the beat.

Just listen to SCOM, when the drums come in... that fucking swingy ass groove makes that song.

let's dont forget PC, RQ, his Jungle.Brownstone and Nightrain drumming make u FEEEL those songs.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

One of my biggest gripes with CD is the drumming feels like a drum machine... Its just kinda there but could be the drums on a Meat Loaf album.. nothing special anywhere.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Most people think of celebrity rehab when they think of Steven. If it weren't for that show they wouldn't even think that.

I'm saying they contributed the same thing to the band. No different.

The drummer debate only matters to the hardcore fans.

This

GNR's drummer position has been one of the most unimportant, no one gives a fuck, replaceable positions in the band, even in their heyday.

But fuck Sorum. Not everybody else, fuck Sorum.

What... ever... man.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

That's a good point.  Celebrity Rehab got Steven Adler back into the public eye.  Drummers get no love anyway, Frank could show up in place of either of them and people wouldn't bat an eyelash.

That's not true at all. Steven or Matt could show up and nobody would bat an eye because they are interchangeable as far as the public is concerned but if a black man shows up to play drums for a reunited Gn'R tons of people are gonna ask "who the fuck is the black guy on drums?"

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

His drumming isn't special. It fit what they were doing, though. But he never went on to do anything remotely relevent or special. Matt has a fantastic resume on the other hand. He's a drummer people seek out to be on their records.

...except cowbell.

That and the fact he's the fucking drummer on the greatest hard rock album of all time but I see your point that his contribution was worthless. roll   Pretty damn sure had Steven's issus with addictions not gotten in the way that he'd have drummed on the Illusions as well.... then what? his drumming just fit what they wre doing but he never went on to do anything remotely relevant ro special? 16  Fuck me if AFD and LIES aren't remotely relevant or special I don't know what is and people can make up all the excuses they want but the reality is Steven was the fucking drummer on those songs like  it or not.

Board footer