You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Feb 16 Hiro Ballroom New York - Private Gig

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I was curious about that too.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I believe it was part of the NY fashion week thing.

Tweet
DeLeon Tequila presents Guns N’ Roses in association with Nur Khan Electric Sessions.
When      Thu, February 16,9:00 pm - 12:00 pm
Where     Hiro
Admission      Invite Only

http://guestofaguest.com/wp-content/upl … ur2-61.jpg

That's a cool poster.

Sky Dog wrote:

The last party of New York Fashion Week was, by far, the wildest. Guns n Roses rocked Hiro Ballroom Thursday night, and on a balcony above the tequila-soaked fans, Matt Damon, Justin Timberlake and Chelsea Clinton got a little wild. Well, mostly Damon — while Clinton swayed to the music with her husband, Marc Mezvinsky, and a bearded, beanie-clad Timberlake chatted with friends (without fiance Jessica Biel), Damon “pounded beers all night,” an onlooker told ABCNews.com.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainme … s-n-roses/

“At the end of the night, around 2 a.m., he tried to climb over a couch to get to the bar and ended up falling on the floor,” the source said. “But he was having a good time. He was making out with his wife all night.”

my kinda guy:haha:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

The last party of New York Fashion Week was, by far, the wildest. Guns n Roses rocked Hiro Ballroom Thursday night, and on a balcony above the tequila-soaked fans, Matt Damon, Justin Timberlake and Chelsea Clinton got a little wild. Well, mostly Damon — while Clinton swayed to the music with her husband, Marc Mezvinsky, and a bearded, beanie-clad Timberlake chatted with friends (without fiance Jessica Biel), Damon “pounded beers all night,” an onlooker told ABCNews.com.

“At the end of the night, around 2 a.m., he tried to climb over a couch to get to the bar and ended up falling on the floor,” the source said. “But he was having a good time. He was making out with his wife all night.”

How do you like them apples?

I thought for sure when I saw they opened with "You're Crazy" that this must've been an acoustic gig.  Surprised to see that was not the case.  Interesting choice for an opener.  First time ever perhaps?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Great U2 story.

I have a mate who 'plays Slash' in a local GNR cover band. He's actually got very similar hair and skin tone and the right build and when dressed up he looks authentic to a casual viewer. Anyway...when VR played here - he was out the front of the stadium dressed in his full slash leathers and hat handing out flyers for the GNR tribute show he was doing the following weekend - hoping to get the cross over audience.

As i go through the turnstyle into the stadium i hear a couple behind me "Shit...this must have not have sold well...did you see over there...that was slash handing out flyers trying to get people inside" , and the friend answers "poor bastard...he's probably never been the same since GNR ended".

It made me wonder how many people thought they saw slash that night.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

That's funny.  I guess you didn't have the heart to tell them the truth.

Sky Dog wrote:
faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

I thought for sure when I saw they opened with "You're Crazy" that this must've been an acoustic gig.  Surprised to see that was not the case.  Interesting choice for an opener.  First time ever perhaps?

Nice call on the apples...love Good Will Hunting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmRe_fK7pbw

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

Nah, GN'R opened several shows on the 1988 leg of the AFD tour, with You're Crazy.

Definitely an interesting night, but a show obviously put on for the rich.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

And Ben Affleck put You're Crazy in "Gone Baby Gone" in the bar scene.

Board footer