You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Hall Of Fame Conspiracy Theory

Tommie wrote:

Hey Guys, long time no talk.   Went back to school, work, blah blah blah, sorry, havent been on much.

Anyways I was having a conversation with a buddy last night and something was mentioned that sorta made me think.  I'll admit at first I dismissed it out of hand, but the more I thought about it...

First, I know that this recent surge in activity with the band is different than in years past because it wasnt preceded by a complete silent period, but what if all the RECENT RECENT activity (club shows, website redesign WITH a forum) ect is just an effort to get the new bands image out front and center.   That way when the HOF rolls around, we have a clusterfuck and Axl looks more justified in bringing the new members with.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yes. I suspect zero reunion. Axl will direct all HOF press to his new GNR and the new fan club, and slash will pimp out Apocalyptic Love...Duff will nod to the fans and steven will go cry in his speech....and that's my prediction.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...Axl can say "I've kept up GNR with me and DJ and the crew - we've just done a usa tour and are now doing an intimate theatre run".

I'm waiting for Slash to bring Myles as his plus one, and Axl to bring DJ, and some kind of group hug personally wink

Would be interesting if Axl used the spot to announce a date for chinese 2.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That would be kind of funny 16

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Not if Tommy is in Penn.

Sky Dog wrote:

a minor point...:haha:....but, hey, let's not spoil fantasy island talk. The new band won't be there and even if they are, they certainly won't perform.

Tommy wouldn't be caught dead at the RRHOF. Now, he'd show if The Replacements ever get in. He knows his place in Gnr and realizes it's the old bands night.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

The new band wouldn't be inducted but I figured they'd be invited as guests to watch Axl get the nod, and at some point Axl can talk them up in his speach.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

There could be something to that conspiracy theory.  BUT, if they really wanted to get people to notice the current incarnation of GNR they needn't do any more than actually release new music somewhere around the time of the RRHOF ceremony.  If that was the goal, that should be the main priority right now, not just staying active.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Going by their new website I'd say such a scheme is far beyond their abilities.

Board footer