You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Feb. 19th, 2012 - House of Blues, Chicago, IL

Gibbo wrote:

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
Ali wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

I wish I wouldn't, but it's impossible not to notice how bad Axl has sounded live.

That will happen when you try to sing when you are sick.

Ali

1) I'm not a singer
2) Has Axl been sick all the way since last year? Was he sick in Rio? Or in the last shows of '11?

Seriously, I'm not a hater, actually, I'm more pro-Axl than most, but he has been struggling live for almost a year now... Sick or not.

No dude, you're spot on correct.

There's certain people in here, as well as Axl's entourage that use that "excuse" of being sick to explain away Axl's voice constantly.

The mother fucker has not been sick this entire tour. His voice is erratic right now. At least it's better than 2002, where it was ALL helium. At least 2011-12 has moments of greatness. The show I went too in 2011 had Axl sounding like shit on some songs, and others like This I Love were the best live performance i've ever heard from him on those songs.

Axl's a mixed bag right now. Look at Sweet Child O' Mine. Axl hasn't sounded like Axl on that song since 1993. Just the way it goes, but "sick" is not a worthy enough excuse anymore.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

Axl's a mixed bag right now. Look at Sweet Child O' Mine. Axl hasn't sounded like Axl on that song since 1993. Just the way it goes, but "sick" is not a worthy enough excuse anymore.

listen to LA 2006 for example. best vocal performances of that song if you ask me...  way better than most of 91-93 anyways..

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Yeah, Axl is a mixed bag. But, in 2002 he had much more stamina in his voice. Now he keeps struggling. 1993 wasn't good either. Struggling. He had a moment in 2009 and partly 2010 when he was close to the best he's ever been, but now he's back to struggling, AT SOME PARTS more than other.

Better above here goes from great to pretty bad.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I never thought about that 2002 aspect. Sure there's more raspier moments currently in 2011-12, but the helium moments (which is most of it), Axl has FAR more power in 2002.

I never heard Axl change keys in the middle of a song to hit the note, until the other night.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

In 2002, Axl had almost a limited amount of power in his voice, like an 80's metal singer almost. The helium moments are just another way of describing it. It was, at times, not very listenable, but his range was almost to no limit.

Civil War from above here is bad, but you can clearly hear the guy is sick.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Don't Cry at Chicago 2012 was alot worse.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

I would love to hear him sing these CD song back in the 90`s Live they would iv been killer

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually no. Some of the melodies don't work with the rasp. Madagascar is alot better with the helium Axl, than raspy Axl.

CD songs that would've ruled during the UYI tour:

Chinese Democracy
Shackler's Revenge (by millions of miles would've kicked ass)
There Was A Time
Scraped
Sorry
I.R.S.
This I Love (like Shackler's would've kicked ten tons of ass)

Board footer