You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Feb. 19th, 2012 - House of Blues, Chicago, IL

Gibbo wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Actually no. Some of the melodies don't work with the rasp. Madagascar is alot better with the helium Axl, than raspy Axl.

CD songs that would've ruled during the UYI tour:

Chinese Democracy
Shackler's Revenge (by millions of miles would've kicked ass)
There Was A Time
Scraped
Sorry
I.R.S.
This I Love (like Shackler's would've kicked ten tons of ass)

bETTER would be the go

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

he cant sing you could be mine or better real good where back in the day you could be mine kick arse same sort of song

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Had a shit load more power

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

See I think the chorus of Better would've ruled, but 1991-93 would've never been able to sing the other stuff in-between, unless he had went with the vintage Don't Cry-voice.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Good Quailty Pic hey axl

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

yer he sounds alright singing the bridge part of the song

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
Ali wrote:

That will happen when you try to sing when you are sick.

Ali

1) I'm not a singer
2) Has Axl been sick all the way since last year? Was he sick in Rio? Or in the last shows of '11?

Seriously, I'm not a hater, actually, I'm more pro-Axl than most, but he has been struggling live for almost a year now... Sick or not.

No dude, you're spot on correct.

There's certain people in here, as well as Axl's entourage that use that "excuse" of being sick to explain away Axl's voice constantly.

The mother fucker has not been sick this entire tour. His voice is erratic right now. At least it's better than 2002, where it was ALL helium. At least 2011-12 has moments of greatness. The show I went too in 2011 had Axl sounding like shit on some songs, and others like This I Love were the best live performance i've ever heard from him on those songs.

Axl's a mixed bag right now. Look at Sweet Child O' Mine. Axl hasn't sounded like Axl on that song since 1993. Just the way it goes, but "sick" is not a worthy enough excuse anymore.

That's actually not true. I noticed it in the Trunk interview when he laughs.

I caught a cold in December and it turned into a bacterial infection in my lungs and acute bronchitis.  And I'm still suffering from it. You're also open to catching another sickness as it kills your immune system. I can hear it in his voice and like I said above, in his laugh, there's something not right there. Sounds like I do. It takes a while to get over it. But it doesn't just make you sick but it's painful, especially in your chest/lungs. And it lingers and won't go the fuck away.

Not saying that's what he has, just what it sounds like. Especially seeing people were pointing out how different his voice sounded in 2010.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Here's hoping he's back on fighting form for the RN'RHOF and UK tour…

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

1) I'm not a singer
2) Has Axl been sick all the way since last year? Was he sick in Rio? Or in the last shows of '11?

Seriously, I'm not a hater, actually, I'm more pro-Axl than most, but he has been struggling live for almost a year now... Sick or not.

No dude, you're spot on correct.

There's certain people in here, as well as Axl's entourage that use that "excuse" of being sick to explain away Axl's voice constantly.

The mother fucker has not been sick this entire tour. His voice is erratic right now. At least it's better than 2002, where it was ALL helium. At least 2011-12 has moments of greatness. The show I went too in 2011 had Axl sounding like shit on some songs, and others like This I Love were the best live performance i've ever heard from him on those songs.

Axl's a mixed bag right now. Look at Sweet Child O' Mine. Axl hasn't sounded like Axl on that song since 1993. Just the way it goes, but "sick" is not a worthy enough excuse anymore.

That's actually not true. I noticed it in the Trunk interview when he laughs.

I caught a cold in December and it turned into a bacterial infection in my lungs and acute bronchitis.  And I'm still suffering from it. You're also open to catching another sickness as it kills your immune system. I can hear it in his voice and like I said above, in his laugh, there's something not right there. Sounds like I do. It takes a while to get over it. But it doesn't just make you sick but it's painful, especially in your chest/lungs. And it lingers and won't go the fuck away.

Not saying that's what he has, just what it sounds like. Especially seeing people were pointing out how different his voice sounded in 2010.

I feel 'ya. I have a mother right now that has a similar ailment, and still hasn't recovered.

BUT... it's Axl man. It's Axl. I have a hard time buying his stories. Everything seems like an excuse, and when you question it, his entourage labels you as "having an agenda". His excuses CONSTANTLY change to, and rarely add up.

It's a tough sell for an old Gunner. hmm

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
gibbo wrote:

Shit still gives me chills.

awesome.

Still can't comment enough on how much more amazing DJs solo is. He took those great melodies Robin wrote and really pushed them to the forefront and soloed around them.

Board footer