You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: 20 Seconds of the new Slash Song "You're A Lie" from Apocalyptic Lov

-D- wrote:

I think You're a lie will do better than "Better" on the charts. bought it on Itunes today. maybe a better quality will help.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You're A Lie... I still stand by the chorus.

I haven't listened to the song in a couple days, and I keep humming it to myself. It might be a grower, but I think Myles (of all things) is what's gonna save it in the end.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Slash "You're a Lie" Song Review — 5 out of 5 stars

Wed, 07 Mar 2012 08:01:47
http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainme … rs/9910500

With "You're a Lie", the first single from his forthcoming album, Apocalyptic Love [Available May 22], Slash comes out of the gate swinging.

A monolithic, distorted intro quickly gives way to an ultra-heavy and extremely catchy riff. You can practically feel the swagger of the legendary guitarist's fret work as the song moves into a brooding verse propelled by the bass wallop of Todd Kerns and pounding groove of Brent Fitz. With inimitable style, Myles Kennedy tells a story of betrayal. As soon as the anthemic hook kicks in, Kennedy's voice reaches impressive heights along with Slash's six-string fireworks.

After a simultaneously mean and irresistible bridge, a fiery guitar solo blazes with the right combination of blues gusto and heavy metal attitude.

Slash, Kennedy, and The Conspirators are everything that a rock 'n' roll band should be. They've got arena-ready choruses, mind-blowing riffs, scorching solos, and that magical chemistry that yields classic records. Make no mistake about it. They're as dangerous and daring as any of their previous projects, and they're out for blood on Apocalyptic Love.

"You're a Lie" is one of the best rock songs of 2012, and it's a precursor to what's bound to be one of the year's best albums. This rock-n-fuckin'-roll at its finest. Get ready to be knocked on your ass…

—Rick Florino

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I still say this album is going to be slash's best work in a LONG time....myles has the versatility to do what's been missing.

Also if the first single isn't for everyone, it's worth remembering that sometimes single choices are not indicative of the album. I think libertad has much better songs than what they chose, not to mention snakepit 1 has better stuff than beggers and hangers on...

We'll see i guess....but i have faith...it's slash and he's playing live better than ever...and myles can do all kinds of things vocally...= lot of potential.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I like the song, listened again today. Myles is growing on me.

As for the review Mikka posted, calling it one of the best rock songs of 2012 is laughable. Not because it's not a good song, but because we're only two months into the year. Slow down,chill out.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Right. i mean Tattoo isn't the best song on VH... Chinese Democracy isn't best song on CD.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Very true! I am impressed with the material Slash & the gang have come up with in the past couple of months. I might check the rest of the album out when it releases. Even though I'm not much of a fan of the Slash & Myles collab even though they have great chemistry live. (no doubt about that) I'm still my favorites on Chinese.  It's a three way tie between Better, Madagascar, and Prostitute.  I do love some of the other songs as well.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Heard the song on the radio today. It fucking rocked so hard. And I was able to crank it up. Good song!

Lomax wrote:

On repeated listening it's actually pretty alright. Tighter than anything off Bach's last record

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

There's a few cool tracks on Baz's last record...love to see him play with Slash tho..i'm not convinced on his child prodigy guitarist.

Board footer