You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: I want a reunion

bigbri wrote:

I don't know if there's a scorecard for this type of thing, but I've been flipped. This new, new, new version of Guns doesn't do it for me. Yes, they are more true to the original band, but why do that with these dudes.

At least with Bucket, Brain and Robin there was a POTENTIAL to move forward, do something different, but that's not gonna happen with this band now.

Time to get the original five back together. And please keep Matt as far away as possible from a reunion as possible.

Commence flame war.

Sky Dog wrote:

I just attended my ultimate Axl Rose show so the new band is played out for me unless they release some new music. Thus, assuming he doesn't ever release any new music (which I don't see happening in the near future with a MASSIVE euro tour already booked),  I will take a reunion of the ORIGINAL lineup.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I'm at the point where I just don't care. Sometimes I wish Axl would go hide in his mansion and stop embarrassing himself.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

There's just no point in a reunion.

Axl's not embarrassing himself, he's out kicking ass on tour right now (feel free to read the tons of positive press about the UCaP Tour). Why get back together with a bunch of guys you don't enjoy performing with when you're already doing great on tour with a group of guys you like to perform with?

We have different definitions of kicking ass. Mine does not include the '02 helium voice (which he currently has), nor does it include him looking like a has been (which he does).

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Axl's not embarrassing himself, he's out kicking ass on tour right now (feel free to read the tons of positive press about the UCaP Tour). Why get back together with a bunch of guys you don't enjoy performing with when you're already doing great on tour with a group of guys you like to perform with?

We have different definitions of kicking ass. Mine does not include the '02 helium voice (which he currently has), nor does it include him looking like a has been (which he does).

No reunion would change that. (I know you don't care about that.)

I fully support bigbri, since it's pointless to fake nostalgia with replacements of replacements. This line-up has no credibility. When it was (if it ever was...) about moving to a different musical direction, then the idea of replacements was some way acceptable. They lost me sometime after RIR '02, since the new songs were very disappointing for me.

But now, that there is no hunger in Axl for anything, but money, it's pointless to have the poor man's Guns N' Roses for these tribute shows, instead of the real one (or something close to the real one). I understand that Axl feels more comfortable with these employees, who accept all his primadonna nonsense and serve like servants. When they have enough and leave, he'll find another players. If he's only here for the money, then there is no point of a reunion. But if he has at least an ounce of hunger to prove the world his worth once again, if he's at least a little dedicated to the GN'R fanbase, then reunite. Now.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

No reunion would change that. (I know you don't care about that.)

Which is precisely why I said I don't care about a reunion. If Axl is a has been (and I fully believe he is), then what good is a reunion? The only way I could accept it is if he somehow finds his 2010 voice again. That voice was good enough to overcome his appearance (which is embarrassing compared to how he looked 20 years ago).

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

It all could be so simple..

Axl gets over himself
Slash gets over himself
Izzy comes back
Duff brings Axl & Slash to the gym with him for six months while writing music with the whole band every evening
Release what gets done
Go on tour, make a few videos, give people a slice of the old magic
Retire richer than your wildest dreams or go back to your vanity projects

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

A reunion is not really an option. Izzy won't have it even if the others will. It won't work out. It's not his thing.

But then again, I fail to see the point of this band if it's not to move forward.

And as pointed, with Finck and Bucket, at least the band was heading into unknown territory. With this band, it seems to be going back to something that was with different players and I'm not on board with THAT idea.

Unless Ashba and Axl creates an album any time within the next year, which I doubt.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

People dig what they dig. If you don't like it, you don't like it. I was at the point of "whatever happens happens" after Robin left. Basically not caring. I was almost there when Bucket left, but I remained optimistic mostly because I held out hope he'd come back... And deep down I still do. 16

But this line up has pretty much endeared itself to me.

It's still not my favorite line up, I'm still not sold on Ron and those goofy ass double neck guitars, despite him being a great guy. But I do like this line up.

I really don't know what you would get from a reunion outside the initial awesomeness of seeing Slash on stage with Axl again. Like anything else, the newness would wear off, shit would go down that will disappoint you, piss you off, and inevitably, lead you to make a thread on a forum saying how much you hate the reunion and want it to end or move on, bury the name, or basically wanting something else. But I understand if this line up just doesn't do it for you.

And I don't think in such absolute terms like some of you guys do. But I'm expecting to hear new music. Been through everyone saying it wouldn't happen before and all that bullshit. At least now the band is happy and positive and active. A lot better than any other time while waiting for a new album.

And there's a weird vibe from some people where they come off completely miserable about this band (no matter what happens). That's not aimed at any one person, but I've been getting that vibe from a few people. I don't know, I'm just not effected that strongly, or extremely, or whatever, the way some of you guys are.

Board footer