You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: I want a reunion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Every band tours for the paycheck. That's how they make their living. Most bands I've known hate touring and only do it for the money because... you know, that's how they make their living. Never understood that criticism.

"He's only touring for a paycheck!"

"No! Surely not! What kind of world is this where a man wants to make a paycheck for doing what he actually does for a living. What kind of bullshit is that!"

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I love all the people who are certain they know "what Axl is in it for".

Sorry, but having seen Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses perform many many times over the past few months, I can tell you from personal first hand experience that the man is out there performing because he wants to put on great performances for those interested in seeing it. Money has absolutely nothing to do with it at all.

How can you constantly talk about of both sides of your mouth about it? "He's in it for the money!" Oh really?? Then why oh why wouldn't he just take your option (a reunion) and run with it?? That's where the huge pay check is.

Yeah, no shit.  That he's doing this for money argument is beyond idiotic.  If that were the case, he would go for the most lucrative option, which is a reunion.:rolleyes:

Ali

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Loved my show in Nashville. Loved the new band, loved seeing them but honestly, it was like tying a nice bow on Axl's version of GNR for me

and i have absolutely no more interest in this unless a new album is released

I dont keep up with set lists, watch youtube vids or generally even care about shows. Don't look at updates,reviews nothing

Sky Dog wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I'm at the point where I just don't care. Sometimes I wish Axl would go hide in his mansion and stop embarrassing himself.

He wasn't close to embarrassing himself last Thursday. It was quite the opposite. But, you tell me...you have been at the shows..right? You were there so fill me in on what everyone in the venue was thinking. He was quite gritty just a week ago and has gotten great reviews all through the last 6 months...save the Rio fiasco. Reviews from people who were actually at the concert.

I don't give two shits what things look like and sound like over the internet. They have been killing it live and in person. Simple as that.

But, like I said, without new music, I don't see the point in the Never Ending Tour either. hmm

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

There's just no point in a reunion.

Axl's not embarrassing himself, he's out kicking ass on tour right now (feel free to read the tons of positive press about the UCaP Tour). Why get back together with a bunch of guys you don't enjoy performing with when you're already doing great on tour with a group of guys you like to perform with?

They are kicking ass on what is essentially a  karaoke tour. That's just the facts. They are kicking ass based on what the old lineup accomplished. using their songs. Are the shows great fun? Yes. Are they doing anything progessive as band? Absolutely not.  Also Axl has performed with Izzy. Seemed to enjoy it. Axl has performed with Duff, seemed to enjoy it. Slash is the hold up cause a drummer doesn't matter and we have no idea if they'd enjoy perfroming together at this point as they haven't in so many years.  This idea that Axl is all warm and fuzzy with the new band and would absolutey hate his life to the point of offing himself if he had to perform with the old guys is ridiculous. the only thing Axl would hte is being ith a group of guys that don't bend to his will and do exactly what he tells them to.

It's been almost 20 years since they've performed together. They are different people now. they aren't junkies anymore. The only person who seems to not have changed or grown is Axl himself so..... I don't think anyone can sit here and say he'd hate performing with the old guys in 2012 as though it's a fact.

Bono

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Sorry, but having seen Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses perform many many times over the past few months, I can tell you from personal first hand experience that the man is out there performing because he wants to put on great performances for those interested in seeing it. Money has absolutely nothing to do with it at all.

How can you constantly talk about of both sides of your mouth about it? "He's in it for the money!" Oh really?? Then why oh why wouldn't he just take your option (a reunion) and run with it?? That's where the huge pay check is.

And again you're doing exactly what you're claiming others are doing. You don't know for a fact that money has noting to do with this. You don't know the sole motive is fun. You haven't talked to Axl personally so your opinion on it is sut that. An opinion like everyone else. Just because you've seen GnR a bunch of times doesn't make your opinion on this matter any more valid than the rest. That would be like me saying U2 doen't tour for the money because they put on great shows and clearly they're doing it for fun because I've seen it first hand 16 times. Bullshit. Money is always a factor in anything like this. . I'm not trying to be a  dick but Russ if you can sit here and say money isn't an underlining factor you might need to step back a  little bit. Money is ALWAYS a factor.  If money had nothing to do with it he'd play more of his CD era songs, he'd want to move forward with this band rather than reley off the old band's legacy for ticket sales.

And for the people saying there's no point in a  reunion please do explain what the fuck the point is in this nostalgia act with a cover band of a cover band? There's no point in a  reunion yet some of you see the brilliance behind this? 16

Bono

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Yeah, no shit.  That he's doing this for money argument is beyond idiotic.  If that were the case, he would go for the most lucrative option, which is a reunion.:rolleyes:

Ali

There's way more money in touring than moving forward with a new album. there's way more money in keeping the name and living off the old Gn'R legacy ha trying soemething new. There's more money touring Europe than recording a  new album. To say he's not motivated by money at this  point is  idiotic.To suggest the only proof of a guy being in it for the money would be signing up for a reunion is even more fucking idiotic.  Some of you are hilarious in your never ending crusade to blindly justify Axl Rose no matter what.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm going to come out a little differently on this.

Rather than needing a reunion or non-reunion I think what would really blow our minds is new material.

It's tours that waste time in the end. Don't get me wrong, I'll be the first hypocritical motherfucker in line when they come back to Australia....but that said...

In terms of "the future" eventually Axl will get too old to sing, eventually bumble or slash or whoever is on guitar's fingers will slow down....to me what's important is recording as much of that creative genius as possible...as when we're all gone future people will still enjoy it.

I grew up listening to music from contemporary artists but also things like Hendrix and people that were long dead when I was born.

I love tours for fun and to pay bills, and i'll go, but at some point playing songs for the 2000th time is probably less important to me as a fan than getting out onto a tape what else is in those minds of theirs - and that goes for either line up.

Slash's plane could crash tonight, Axl could randomly die of an illness, god forbid these things happen - but if they did it's tragic to me to think that the song Axl was "tinkering with" at the piano that night with DJ dies with him....

So my policy is to hell with everything that isn't recording for a while. If a reunion happened and they hit the studio then great - but more likely it would be a tour fest cos that's how slash rolls - so at this point i'd probably take leaking of older GNR demos or anything that's a recording over it.

Board footer