You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: I want a reunion

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I love all the people who are certain they know "what Axl is in it for".

Sorry, but having seen Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses perform many many times over the past few months, I can tell you from personal first hand experience that the man is out there performing because he wants to put on great performances for those interested in seeing it. Money has absolutely nothing to do with it at all.

How can you constantly talk about of both sides of your mouth about it? "He's in it for the money!" Oh really?? Then why oh why wouldn't he just take your option (a reunion) and run with it?? That's where the huge pay check is.

Yeah, no shit.  That he's doing this for money argument is beyond idiotic.  If that were the case, he would go for the most lucrative option, which is a reunion.:rolleyes:

Ali

There's way more money in touring than moving forward with a new album. there's way more money in keeping the name and living off the old Gn'R legacy ha trying soemething new. There's more money touring Europe than recording a  new album. To say he's not motivated by money at this  point is  idiotic.To suggest the only proof of a guy being in it for the money would be signing up for a reunion is even more fucking idiotic.  Some of you are hilarious in your never ending crusade to blindly justify Axl Rose no matter what.

It's quite simple:  If you think his sole motivation is money, then how do you explain him pursuing an option that is obviously much less lucrative than a reunion?

Really, I'd love to hear an explanation that can cover that gaping hole in logic roll
Ali

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

that is the question, ali.

the missing link that noone can seem to find.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm seriously not trying to start an argument here... 16

But what's wrong with Axl living off his legacy? Most do that, even if they put out new material. Like Axl's done. I don't see what he's doing that's so horrible.

If you want to think of it as a cover band, go ahead. But not everyone agrees with that. He's not just playing the hits. CD obviously means a lot to him. People are screaming for TWAT (hehe) at the shows. Fans are singing along to Better and This I Love.

We are all, more or less, motivated by money. Dude's got to make a living.

And really, we don't know what the hold up is. All we can do is speculate, but I'm not going to assume he doesn't want to put out new material.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

You guys are arguing stuff as if people only have ONE motivation.

So, for example, he might desire to earn money and so is out working (touring) as opposed to retirement or lengthy vacation. However he might have a stronger desire to remain in control of his own future and obtain certainty in life after years of homelessness etc, and this desire is stronger than the desire to earn money, thus he would turn down a reunion even though it's more lucrative, as the loss of control is too high a price.

Why do we all do the things we do? There's probably a variety of factors.

Sure he probably wants to earn some money (hey - we go to our jobs right?) but there is also probably an enjoyment from performance, perhaps artistic desires and so on. Could be any number of reasons and I think it's simplistic to assume either way.

I'm actually hopeful that the band touring might inspire him to finish off CD2. Seems sort of  plausible as CD1 seemed to follow the sucessful 2006 run. And I know with my own music - when I am playing publicly or even rehearsing constantly, I'm a lot more likely to work on a recording or finish off a song or write something new than when I have nothing musical going on. Then again different people...different brains...who knows.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

monkeychow: the voice of reason smile

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

You guys are arguing stuff as if people only have ONE motivation.

Which is why I said, " If you think his sole motivation is money, then how do you explain him pursuing an option that is obviously much less lucrative than a reunion?"

To clarify, when someone says a person is in it "for the money", to me that means that's their sole motivation, or by far and away primary motivation.

Ali

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I love all the people who are certain they know "what Axl is in it for".

Sorry, but having seen Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses perform many many times over the past few months, I can tell you from personal first hand experience that the man is out there performing because he wants to put on great performances for those interested in seeing it. Money has absolutely nothing to do with it at all.

How can you constantly talk about of both sides of your mouth about it? "He's in it for the money!" Oh really?? Then why oh why wouldn't he just take your option (a reunion) and run with it?? That's where the huge pay check is.

And again you're doing exactly what you're claiming others are doing. You don't know for a fact that money has noting to do with this. You don't know the sole motive is fun. You haven't talked to Axl personally so your opinion on it is sut that. An opinion like everyone else. Just because you've seen GnR a bunch of times doesn't make your opinion on this matter any more valid than the rest. That would be like me saying U2 doen't tour for the money because they put on great shows and clearly they're doing it for fun because I've seen it first hand 16 times. Bullshit. Money is always a factor in anything like this. . I'm not trying to be a  dick but Russ if you can sit here and say money isn't an underlining factor you might need to step back a  little bit. Money is ALWAYS a factor.  If money had nothing to do with it he'd play more of his CD era songs, he'd want to move forward with this band rather than reley off the old band's legacy for ticket sales.

And for the people saying there's no point in a  reunion please do explain what the fuck the point is in this nostalgia act with a cover band of a cover band? There's no point in a  reunion yet some of you see the brilliance behind this? 16

If money wasn't a factor, he wouldn't even be touring right now.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Ali wrote:

It's quite simple:  If you think his sole motivation is money, then how do you explain him pursuing an option that is obviously much less lucrative than a reunion?

Really, I'd love to hear an explanation that can cover that gaping hole in logic roll
Ali

I believe his need to have control ultimately trumps his desire to maintain his lifestyle and grab the cash.  That is why he hasn't buckled on a reunion.

But cash only runs a very close second.  That's why if you believe Axl, then Azoff and a couple of others have really tried to hurt him financially to the point where that desire for cash is elevated above his need for control, i.e. force him financially to have to reunite.

I don't blame Axl for touring for cash.  Shit, the reason I get out of bed on a week day and head off to work is sure as hell for the cash. I would rather head down to the beach every day, have a swim, perve at some chicks then head to the pub for lunch.  The minute I can find something that pays me as well or more than my current business and I enjoy doing more, I'm outta here! 

That said I hear what some of the other points people are trying to make.  I know the shows are kick ass, I had a good time at the show I went to in 2010 and also went to 3 shows in 2007?  I would go again tomorrow too. But if this really isn't heading anywhere I would rather see the original guys performing the nostalgia tour, since it's their music.  I don't want the cheap Chinese copy of the original 19

I also agree with Monkey, the music is what will live on utlimately long after they have all retired and/or died.    Sadly I see the zillonth "Chinese Democracy World Tour" as a complete waste of artistic talent and time.  I want to get as much material out of them as we can because you never know when the music will stop.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I don't know if there's a scorecard for this type of thing, but I've been flipped. This new, new, new version of Guns doesn't do it for me. Yes, they are more true to the original band, but why do that with these dudes.

At least with Bucket, Brain and Robin there was a POTENTIAL to move forward, do something different, but that's not gonna happen with this band now.

Time to get the original five back together. And please keep Matt as far away as possible from a reunion as possible.

Commence flame war.

I agree and was once one of the new band's most ardent supporters. Love seeing them live without a doubt, but CD was missing something and that something was the rest of Guns n' Roses.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I saw this line up twice this year and as much as I wanna hear new music, I still want the chance to see axl, slash, izzy, and duff together on the same stage playing the songs they wrote together. How anyone who has not seen the original yet became a fan before the new line ups doesn't have a desire to see a reunion is crazy.

Board footer