You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: I want a reunion

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

It's quite simple:  If you think his sole motivation is money, then how do you explain him pursuing an option that is obviously much less lucrative than a reunion?

Really, I'd love to hear an explanation that can cover that gaping hole in logic roll
Ali

You are so  unbelieveable it's not even funny.  Axl doesn't want a reunion that's why he doesn't do it. Could he make more money with a  reunion. Sure he could but I could also make more money working in the oilfield yet I don't do that.  I also don't continue to do something in my life that is safe, nostalgic and living off the past just to turn a buck when I claim to want to move forward with things.. What Axl is doing now is the best way he can make as much money as possible while not moving forward or reunitng. To ignore this is stupid. No new music, no plans for new music, no signs of new music + Endlessly touring of the old bands hits with a cover band of a cover band = DOING IT FOR THE MONEY. Is he having fun? Sure. Could he have fun moving forward with a new album and playing more new songs? Probably but that wouldn't bring in as much money now would it. Gee never considered that did ya.

you don't have to involve yourself with the biggest money making mechanism out there to be in what you're currently doing for the money. An ounce of common sense would tell you that.

You will never acknowlegde this though because it's your duty to defend Axl at all costs and at all expense of common sense.

And keep in mind I've not once said the shows aren't good. Last I saw them in 2010 it was a great show. I have no doubt it's still great. Doesn't mean they're not just doing these endless tours to fund some paychecks or what have you. Even Axl's own band wants to release new fucking music yet here the are just touring again and gain. My god figure it out.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Ali wrote:

It's quite simple:  If you think his sole motivation is money, then how do you explain him pursuing an option that is obviously much less lucrative than a reunion?

Really, I'd love to hear an explanation that can cover that gaping hole in logic roll
Ali

I believe his need to have control ultimately trumps his desire to maintain his lifestyle and grab the cash.  That is why he hasn't buckled on a reunion.

But cash only runs a very close second.  That's why if you believe Axl, then Azoff and a couple of others have really tried to hurt him financially to the point where that desire for cash is elevated above his need for control, i.e. force him financially to have to reunite.

This is pretty much the answer.  While a reunion is far more lucrative, the cash grab tours are a lot more easier to do and he doesn't have to deal with Slash or Adler.

If he's not going to do anything with this 3rd or 4th lineup of new GNR, he might as well reunite with the old guys.  At least then there would be some chance of new music coming out.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

I believe his need to have control ultimately trumps his desire to maintain his lifestyle and grab the cash.  That is why he hasn't buckled on a reunion.

But cash only runs a very close second.  That's why if you believe Axl, then Azoff and a couple of others have really tried to hurt him financially to the point where that desire for cash is elevated above his need for control, i.e. force him financially to have to reunite.

This is pretty much the answer.  While a reunion is far more lucrative, the cash grab tours are a lot more easier to do and he doesn't have to deal with Slash or Adler.

If he's not going to do anything with this 3rd or 4th lineup of new GNR, he might as well reunite with the old guys.  At least then there would be some chance of new music coming out.

Pretty much the jist of it right there.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Having listened to boots of the original band, I miss the old band like hell. As good as the 3 current guitarists can play some of the stuff, NOTHING really compares to Slash's tone behind Axl's vox.

I hope in hell that I one day get to see that on stage again.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I've believed for a long time that Axl continues as GNR just to fuck with the old guys, especially Slash, because they dumped him and kicked him to the kerb.
I also think Chinese Democracy was a facade to give him a glimmer of credibility as continuing as GNR without the rest of GNR, and the primary motivation was never commercial success, it was purely to give a raised middle finger to the old band and let them see a that  "GNR" record made it out there without them.

I'd love to see a reunion at this point as well, it would be more exciting than seeing the classics being covered by Axls band, but I'd also love to see a new album from the current members and also the CD era band. But I now firmly believe new original material from Axl and whoever is a pipe dream, everything he has said and done in recent years is shying away from new music and he aint getting any younger.

Looking forward to seeing them when they come to the UK, they are a great live band, great performers and have a great production... but they aint GNR, not to me.
Chinese Democracy was a good attempt, but wasnt enough and the main players of that era are gone. The main players of this version (aside fromAxl of course) of GNR have no artistic right to be be heralded as GNR, just cause you can play the fuck out other guys songs dont make them yours.

I'll just take whatever I can get at this stage, I believe Axls only got a few more years left in him, so seeing him live once again playing with whoever before he disappears for good, is something I'm really looking forward to.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

You are so  unbelieveable it's not even funny.  Axl doesn't want a reunion that's why he doesn't do it. Could he make more money with a  reunion. Sure he could but I could also make more money working in the oilfield yet I don't do that.  I also don't continue to do something in my life that is safe, nostalgic and living off the past just to turn a buck when I claim to want to move forward with things.. What Axl is doing now is the best way he can make as much money as possible while not moving forward or reunitng. To ignore this is stupid. No new music, no plans for new music, no signs of new music + Endlessly touring of the old bands hits with a cover band of a cover band = DOING IT FOR THE MONEY. Is he having fun? Sure. Could he have fun moving forward with a new album and playing more new songs? Probably but that wouldn't bring in as much money now would it. Gee never considered that did ya..

This...

and this...

...and this.

I also agree with monkey - new music can win me over the reunion (for some time at least). But as it seems Axl has no desire to do anything, but milking the GN'R legacy for the 368425th time, under the Guns N' Roses name, with people who weren't even there. For me it's new music or reunion. He's not out there to kick some serious ass, he's touring for the money, otherwise it wasn't the same damned setlist in the same damned order every night. Do you any of you seriously think that Axl wakes up and thinks 'well, I'm gonna kick some ass tonight! Let's do that mf setlist again!"? He can do this show in his sleep, it's so monotonic, there is no hunger to prove anything.
Well, I say if he's about the money, and there is no reason for this tour then money, then he should earn this cash with selling the original product and not some fake stuff with the name 'Guns N' Roses' on it. The counterfeit version can look good, can sound good, but nothing like the original. It's only poor men's attempt to pretend they are something, what they are absolutely not.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I can't deny that I'd love to see Slash and Duff - and I'd possible Izzy - playing with Axl. But those 2012 Velvet Revolver videos have kinda soured me on it. Because that's what it would be like; no interaction on stage, Slash and Axl glumly going through the motions at opposite ends of the stage…

I wonder if - given that Izzy doesn't like touring - we might get some sort of hybrid "reunion." Slash and Duff, and Ashba there to fill Izzy's role of writing the hits and being Axl's buddy from back home. He'd have to lose the hat, though.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

http://badgerhut.wordpress.com/2012/03/ … um=twitter

This guy hits on most of the reasons I want Slash back with Axl...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Just a question - why is new music so important to some of you guys when you didn't even buy CD, and you really didn't care for the new music that was put out?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And if we're being 100% honest...

The only reunion of a guy I want to see back in GN'R:

f_buckethead.jpg

Outside an awesome nostalgia trip, this guy is the only one who would get me back to being THAT excited about GN'R's future.

Board footer