You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Surprised label isnt capitalizing on rrhof

war wrote:

not post/read/argue as much like me

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

HAHA yeah but then forums would become Ghost Towns.

Forums are like pro wrestling. U got your faces, your heels... then every once in a while u have a great heel turn, Remember when Davegnr2k was the biggest Axl fan on the planet and then just had the most amazing heel turn and fucking suicide bombed on HTGTH? that was fantastic! or even a face turn... two guys will be friends allies and all of a sudden start arguing..

This place has a lot of personalities and different characters. Its must read/view material and i like that, even if we rehash same shit 200 times

If movie studios can remake Footloose, then Damn It, I can argue about same shit again!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

We're all just a passionate bunch here, that's all. Couple that up with Evo's awesome freedom of speech about all things GN'R, and there's bound to be some butting heads. Especially when something as divisive as an old vs new issue comes to the forefront of possibly happening.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck, we need to bring back the roses of velvet forum!

Lomax wrote:

"Look at me I'm a fan therefore I'm entitled to have my bullshit opinion respected" blah blah blah.

I think the label is capitalizing on this. There are GNR tours booked worldwide for absolutely no other reason than to cash in on this.

-D-

-D- wrote:

people forget that just cause its your opinion, doesn't mean it isn't wrong.

I can say Dirk Nowitzki is better than Michael Jordan. I like Dirk more but I'd still be a dumbass for saying it.

GNR are a RNRHOF all time great Legendary band.

this new version haven't recorded a single note. anyone who says new band is better are WRONG.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

people forget that just cause its your opinion, doesn't mean it isn't wrong.

I can say Dirk Nowitzki is better than Michael Jordan. I like Dirk more but I'd still be a dumbass for saying it.

GNR are a RNRHOF all time great Legendary band.

this new version haven't recorded a single note. anyone who says new band is better are WRONG.

I don't think anyone's arguing with you there, at least not here.

On the subject of the label not capitalizing.  I heard a caller ask this question to Eddie Trunk a few years back and he actually referenced GNR.  Lots of bands that have ridiculous amounts of Greatest Hits packages, simply have less control with their label than other bands.  That's why GNR only has ONE Greatest Hits, and even that was hotly contested.  And bands like Rush or Motley Crue have countless Greatest Hits or "Live" albums.  I don't think the label has much of a say in this case with capitalizing on GNR.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

I think what a lot of you don't even realize is these boards have been kept alive by the controversy, the debate, the dissagreements. It's a fucking trainwreck the way Gn'R was and still is. Some of you think you want it to be like a U2 fan forum where everyone agrees about how nice things are. News flash that would never fucking fly on a  Guns N' Roses board because the band isn't active enough. They don't give the fans enough to talk about so we're left to our own devices and we do spend years upon years engaged in conversations that are mostly based upon speculation and opinion rather than facts of what's actually happening. Pus look at the band. The situation has never existed before. The circumstances are completely forgien to any other fan base. OF COURSE it's gonna cause dissention amoung the fans. It's too big of an entity with two entirely different eras that continue to cross over.

Those of us who regularly express what our displeasures are with the band are still fans and we also express the good things yet that's never acknowledged by some of you of course because as always you put your energy towards the stuff that doesn't support your agenda which is keeping everything peachy keen. You allow the shit to build up inside to the point where you get a massive rant like the one DCK just gave. It's unhealthy to not epxress the things you are thinking and feeling and by expressing the things you think suck doesn't make you any less of a fan and it does not mean you can't express the good things too. It's not a Democrats vs Republican thing. You don't have to be one or the other. Weird that some of you choose that route though.  You pigeon hole yourself into this online charcater and allow yourself no room to breath. You can't say what's on your mind cause if you do it's ruining the illusion that you've created for yourself. And there's no disgareeing wiht that because if your'e gonna bitch at others for doing it you sure as shit can't and won't do it yourself so you've left yourself with one vie wof it and no wiggle room at all.  It has nothing to do with what other's are talking about. NOTHING. It has everything to do with how you feel about the situation.  Maybe if some of you were just honest about things instead of trying to portray this idea that everything is fucking awesome in Gn'R land 24/7  it wouldn't be ruined for you.

I can't say for sure but I'm well under the impression that those of you who constantly try to paint everything as though it's just great and  that we all gotta stay incredibly positive at all costs,  leave these boards at night and the whole thing eats away at you big time/ Whereas those of us who do share what we don't like about the situation leave the board at night and don't give it a second thought untill we log back in. That's just a guess but I think it's closer to the truth than a  lot will want to admit.

And for the record I don't agree with everything DCK says and I wouldn't want him to leave. Half the shit you post in here MisterID is bonkers in my opinion yet we get alone fine in the other sections so....

I think people need to realize the fanbase is a reflection of the chaos that is the band we've chosen to follow.  If you don't like that chaos and dysfunction then yeah I guess it's time to check out.

For the record, I seriously don't think about GN'R outside these boards all that much, outside trying to find a way to work out getting to that HOB show in Orlando. Maybe that's my problem why I don't get why things are expressed so drastically on both sides. 16

I listen to CD and occasionally I'll put on the Tokyo DVD's. That's about it. And I don't paint things in rosey, positives all the time. I think even you can admit the bashing goes into silly land once in a while, and I don't like people talking for the entire world to make their point. Not to mention the insults are not just directed at the band, but the fans of the band and that's pretty much unacceptable to me, seeing how WE DO get along and respect each other. Even though we have to fight each other once in a while. 16

I got banned from HTGTH for being a "hater" and taking up for Slash, while D is STILL is member there 10   

But I'm invested in the fanbase and GN'R world online, and I like the members here, known some of them for over a decade. But I'm not holding any bitterness to the past with the band. I like this place, I love the new band and what else am I gonna do? I can't change Axl, I've just accepted the way things are, the way other totrtured fans have to accept with their favorite bands. And I accepted the band a long time ago. Do I wish they operated like a normal band? Do I hate the bullshit? HELL FUCK YEAH!

If I didn't like the music from CD I wouldn't be here as much. But it is what it is and you gave great points on why we keep coming back.

-D-

-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

I think what a lot of you don't even realize is these boards have been kept alive by the controversy, the debate, the dissagreements. It's a fucking trainwreck the way Gn'R was and still is. Some of you think you want it to be like a U2 fan forum where everyone agrees about how nice things are. News flash that would never fucking fly on a  Guns N' Roses board because the band isn't active enough. They don't give the fans enough to talk about so we're left to our own devices and we do spend years upon years engaged in conversations that are mostly based upon speculation and opinion rather than facts of what's actually happening. Pus look at the band. The situation has never existed before. The circumstances are completely forgien to any other fan base. OF COURSE it's gonna cause dissention amoung the fans. It's too big of an entity with two entirely different eras that continue to cross over.

Those of us who regularly express what our displeasures are with the band are still fans and we also express the good things yet that's never acknowledged by some of you of course because as always you put your energy towards the stuff that doesn't support your agenda which is keeping everything peachy keen. You allow the shit to build up inside to the point where you get a massive rant like the one DCK just gave. It's unhealthy to not epxress the things you are thinking and feeling and by expressing the things you think suck doesn't make you any less of a fan and it does not mean you can't express the good things too. It's not a Democrats vs Republican thing. You don't have to be one or the other. Weird that some of you choose that route though.  You pigeon hole yourself into this online charcater and allow yourself no room to breath. You can't say what's on your mind cause if you do it's ruining the illusion that you've created for yourself. And there's no disgareeing wiht that because if your'e gonna bitch at others for doing it you sure as shit can't and won't do it yourself so you've left yourself with one vie wof it and no wiggle room at all.  It has nothing to do with what other's are talking about. NOTHING. It has everything to do with how you feel about the situation.  Maybe if some of you were just honest about things instead of trying to portray this idea that everything is fucking awesome in Gn'R land 24/7  it wouldn't be ruined for you.

I can't say for sure but I'm well under the impression that those of you who constantly try to paint everything as though it's just great and  that we all gotta stay incredibly positive at all costs,  leave these boards at night and the whole thing eats away at you big time/ Whereas those of us who do share what we don't like about the situation leave the board at night and don't give it a second thought untill we log back in. That's just a guess but I think it's closer to the truth than a  lot will want to admit.

And for the record I don't agree with everything DCK says and I wouldn't want him to leave. Half the shit you post in here MisterID is bonkers in my opinion yet we get alone fine in the other sections so....

I think people need to realize the fanbase is a reflection of the chaos that is the band we've chosen to follow.  If you don't like that chaos and dysfunction then yeah I guess it's time to check out.

For the record, I seriously don't think about GN'R outside these boards all that much, outside trying to find a way to work out getting to that HOB show in Orlando. Maybe that's my problem why I don't get why things are expressed so drastically on both sides. 16

I listen to CD and occasionally I'll put on the Tokyo DVD's. That's about it. And I don't paint things in rosey, positives all the time. I think even you can admit the bashing goes into silly land once in a while, and I don't like people talking for the entire world to make their point. Not to mention the insults are not just directed at the band, but the fans of the band and that's pretty much unacceptable to me, seeing how WE DO get along and respect each other. Even though we have to fight each other once in a while. 16

I got banned from HTGTH for being a "hater" and taking up for Slash, while D is STILL is member there 10   

But I'm invested in the fanbase and GN'R world online, and I like the members here, known some of them for over a decade. But I'm not holding any bitterness to the past with the band. I like this place, I love the new band and what else am I gonna do? I can't change Axl, I've just accepted the way things are, the way other totrtured fans have to accept with their favorite bands. And I accepted the band a long time ago. Do I wish they operated like a normal band? Do I hate the bullshit? HELL FUCK YEAH!

If I didn't like the music from CD I wouldn't be here as much. But it is what it is and you gave great points on why we keep coming back.

The irony of that is hilarious.  U gotta remember though. I argue but have NEVER insulted anybody well except for Adz.   normally though i know where the line is and haven't crossed it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I never insulted anyone either. Never had a negative karma until I got banned.

Board footer