You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Slash Apocalytipic Love album/singles Chart positions

-D- wrote:

U aren't wrnong Otto

I mean Slash out there pimping it to radio and hustling and doing press tours certainly is why its going high on the charts

but i don't penalize him for doing his job and what he should.

Axl doesn't get a free pass for ignoring important aspects of promotion.

This is why Axl missed old guys the most.. Slash and duff would get out and push this record....Axl didn't have to be the sole driving promotional force.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Great we agree!
Really!
smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Slash works hard, I dont always agree with his choices but I massively respect him for how much effort he puts in to pushing his new music.

Axls the polar opposite, in fact you know what Axl is? He's what he called the likes of us in the chats... an arm chair music mogul.

He's all talk and no action. I still cant believe he had the fucking gall to say this:

Del: Do you think he [Slash] can play guitar?

Axl: I prefer listening to others in general, especially those who both push their talents and infuse them with a level of energy that I've seldom heard in his efforts over the years. I'm not taking anything away from the man that are his to claim for his past efforts; it's just that for whatever reason for me, whether the approach, style or basic hands-on technique is there, the passion and true dedication to the art of guitar in his chosen area other than being, in my opinion, a whore for the limelight has generally seemed absent or lacking with most efforts for a long time. To me, it's sad. I don't get it. Where does it go? Is it a choice? Sometimes it's there on covers; I think Clive [Davis, legendary record executive] fell for that.

Yeah Axl I feel the same way about artists pushing their talents and infusing them with an energy I've seldom heard in any of your efforts in recent years.

What have you added to your repertoire in recent years, Civil War Estranged, Mama Kin, Dead Flowers, Whole Lotta Rosie, Another Brick In The Wall, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road... and some other fuckin AC/DC track.

Yeah man, thats real passion and integrity right there.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Agreed Axl is in no position to be bashing Slash for his musical output, and Slash's guitar playing, especially live, is better than its ever been

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I've been listening to You're A Lie a fair bit over the last week, and it's really grown on me too. It might not be the strongest track Slash has ever produced, but crank it up loud and it rocks like a motherfucker!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Slash works hard, I dont always agree with his choices but I massively respect him for how much effort he puts in to pushing his new music.

Axls the polar opposite, in fact you know what Axl is? He's what he called the likes of us in the chats... an arm chair music mogul.

He's all talk and no action. I still cant believe he had the fucking gall to say this:

Del: Do you think he [Slash] can play guitar?

Axl: I prefer listening to others in general, especially those who both push their talents and infuse them with a level of energy that I've seldom heard in his efforts over the years. I'm not taking anything away from the man that are his to claim for his past efforts; it's just that for whatever reason for me, whether the approach, style or basic hands-on technique is there, the passion and true dedication to the art of guitar in his chosen area other than being, in my opinion, a whore for the limelight has generally seemed absent or lacking with most efforts for a long time. To me, it's sad. I don't get it. Where does it go? Is it a choice? Sometimes it's there on covers; I think Clive [Davis, legendary record executive] fell for that.

Yeah Axl I feel the same way about artists pushing their talents and infusing them with an energy I've seldom heard in any of your efforts in recent years.:thumbup:

What have you added to your repertoire in recent years, Civil War Estranged, Mama Kin, Dead Flowers, Whole Lotta Rosie, Another Brick In The Wall, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road... and some other fuckin AC/DC track.

Yeah man, thats real passion and integrity right there.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I completely agree with Olorin.

I used to defend Axl until my throat or fingers were sore. Now?

Fuck him. Put up or shut up pussy.

"Push yourself"

Axl's so full of shit. He hasn't pushed anything. Even his contributions to Chinese (he wrote most of it), are just a retread of Use Your Illusion.

Yet he bags on Slash for the same thing. roll

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Slash has stayed more true to his AFD sound than Axl I wanna be Elton John Rose has. I think Seymour lopped off his balls when she bailed.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I wish Axl could sit with us and clarify some of these things sometimes.

I mean he's a musician and one i respect from what he's written, so I'm so curious to understand how he could possibly think that about Slash's guitar parts.

I can understand not wanting to work with someone, or hating their personality, but to me Slash's talent from a guitar point of view is undeniable, just as Axl's is as a singer/composer.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's simple. Axl and his entourage are fuckwits who sit around hyper-analyze the past over and over and even if Slash is a piece of shit, they cannot seperate his abilities from the man.

Slash is one of the best to ever pick up a guitar. Without a doubt. And is THE BEST to come from his generation of rock/metal guitarists as the "whole package". Image + personality + feel + tone + technical. Keep in mind, I consider Eddie Van Halen apart of the late 70's/early 80's.

Board footer