You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Slash Apocalytipic Love album/singles Chart positions

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i guess the personal shit has coloured their perception of his work.

I mean slash can vary, i'm not saying everything he does is gold, but yeah, he certainly has moments of pure genius on guitar, and there's quite a few of them out of GNR as well as in it.

I feel the same about Axl and Slash, they may or may not be good people - never met them - and there's enough speculation about both to wonder - but yeah - the musical ability is undeniable.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
-D- wrote:
-D- wrote:

You're A Lie went from 26 to 18 this week on Active Rock Chart!!!

up 266 plays

Jumped from 30 to 18 on the Mainstream Rock Track.

HAHA its already crushed "Better"

not to say I was right..  13

You're a Lie is at number 19 on Active Rock chart... but gained 210 more plays

It jumped from 18 to 11 on Mainstream Rock chart

Approaching CD chart position. 13
WOOOOOOOOOOO

This week:
19 up to number 16  on Active Rock gained 164 plays

Dropped back from 11 to 12on Mainstream Rock but gained 22 plays

-D-

-D- wrote:

Active Rock Charts up from 16 to 15  gained 77 more plays

Now a TOP TEN mainstream Rock song

up 12-10 gained 22 more plays!

WOO HOO!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Heard the song during Eddie Trunk's show tonight for the second time, and it wasn't any better.  I still find the song boring overall, and it really has nothing to do with not liking Myles.  I liked the 2 Myles songs on the last album quite a bit.  This song just does nothing for me.  Hopefully it's one of the weaker tracks on the album.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

It rocks....  Gets better everytime I hear it.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

am I insane or does the verses remind anyone of the type of lyrical feel Lady Ga Ga goes for..??
I just can't shake that impession off..

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

As someone who samples alot of melodic rock and throwback 80's work in the modern day from those artists... the verses remind me alot of glam rock. ALOT.

As far as pop goes, honestly *gets his shit ready to go into hiding*... the chorus sounds like something....

*gulp*

Ashley Simpson would do

*bolts*

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Del: Do you think he [Slash] can play guitar?

Axl: I prefer listening to others in general, especially those who both push their talents and infuse them with a level of energy that I've seldom heard in his efforts over the years. I'm not taking anything away from the man that are his to claim for his past efforts; it's just that for whatever reason for me, whether the approach, style or basic hands-on technique is there, the passion and true dedication to the art of guitar in his chosen area other than being, in my opinion, a whore for the limelight has generally seemed absent or lacking with most efforts for a long time. To me, it's sad. I don't get it. Where does it go? Is it a choice? Sometimes it's there on covers; I think Clive [Davis, legendary record executive] fell for that.

I sort of agree with this, in that was my biggest beef with Slash post GN'R. I just don't hear anything great coming out of him like he did back then. I just haven't. But that's a matter of taste, too. And I recognize that.

And he nails it about cover songs. Slash is fucking AMAZING when he covers a song. The cover he did of "Hey Joe" gave me goosebumps, literally. I wanted to see him back in GN'R and I wanted him to play like that more often... Then, his solo album happened. And now you're a lie. I don't get it either. And this isn't a Axl vs Slash post. Not at all. I just don't understand how Slash could even be playing with Myles, let alone creating the music he is with him. He should have been the next Jeff Beck. When I first heard Snakepit I can't tell you how disappointed I was. Meh... It's really not worth getting into, because I know this is going to start something and I don't mean it to.

I think there's a silver lining in his comments, that he seems to take it personal that Slash has settled. I mean, it's like Slash is personally insulting him with his music and lack of, not effort, but progression. I could see this as being THE crux of their problem. Seriously. Axl could have felt abandoned when Slash made it clear he wasn't going to work that hard. That basically they weren't on the same team anymore.

Not saying Axl was right at all, because Slash just can't stay in a studio, noodling and tinkering with shit for years and not release anything, but I understand why they can't work together now.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Funny u say that... was listening to Contraband while working out last night and that albu is loaded with kick ass riffs

I am convinced people can't hear it cause of not liking Scott.

but Sucker Train Blues kicks fucking ass musically, Slither is the one of the greatest riffs of the 21st century so far, Headspace, Super Human is a better riff than "Better" intro.

I think Slash has done fine.. people just don't hear Axl so they dismiss the riffs.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I just don't dig the music, D. It has nothing to do with Axl. I do like his work on Libertad, but still, I don't think it's the best he can do.

Board footer