You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: DJ Ashba Livestream Chat

metallex78 wrote:

http://www.livestream.com/djashba/video … m=ui-thumb

Here DJ chats for about an hour about all sorts of stuff

Haven't gotten through it all, but he mentions right at the start, that SIXXAM will be playing the Golden Gods awards show, (where Slash is also playing) and he says how much he's looking forward to seeing Slash play. I thought that was pretty cool of him to say.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

From FunkyMonkey over on HTGTH

From Dj Ashba in the live stream Q&A yesterday:

On the RRHOF:

Dj Ashba: The one thing I don't understand about the HOF, is nobody's fucking talking, nobody's talking about it. I just don't, I don't get it. I think in my opinion, I think it's a huge honor.

I think it would be awesome to see, you know, everybody get up on stage and put all the differences aside for one night and just give the fans what they want. To me that makes the most sense -- but I have no idea what's going to go down because there has been zero talk about it so far. I wish I could tell you more, um, whatever happens that night is going to be exciting. I'm anxious to see what happens.

(@26:30) http://www.livestream.com/djashba/video … m=ui-thumb

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Damn...

Either he's hearing that from Axl or just what he's reading on the net.

I'd bet you Steven is damn well talking about it. 16

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

metallex78 wrote:

Haven't gotten through it all, but he mentions right at the start, that SIXXAM will be playing the Golden Gods awards show, (where Slash is also playing) and he says how much he's looking forward to seeing Slash play. I thought that was pretty cool of him to say.

That's why I like DJ. He respects the guy and tries his best to please the fans. He just as pumped as everyone else is about this event.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

From FunkyMonkey over on HTGTH

From Dj Ashba in the live stream Q&A yesterday:

On the RRHOF:

Dj Ashba: The one thing I don't understand about the HOF, is nobody's fucking talking, nobody's talking about it. I just don't, I don't get it. I think in my opinion, I think it's a huge honor.

I think it would be awesome to see, you know, everybody get up on stage and put all the differences aside for one night and just give the fans what they want. To me that makes the most sense -- but I have no idea what's going to go down because there has been zero talk about it so far. I wish I could tell you more, um, whatever happens that night is going to be exciting. I'm anxious to see what happens.

(@26:30) http://www.livestream.com/djashba/video … m=ui-thumb

Wow. Even the guys in current Gn'R think the one off reunion should happen in some respect. Shows how petty and pathetic the grudges or whatever it is are within the old band.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Here's my uniformed opinion.

Seems like the guys in the band don't really talk to axl about band stuff. More like he sends them comedy texts, they hang out after shows having a drink and chatting about bullshit like you would with your mates..

Every now and then someone has a WTF moment when things get ultra bizzare.

For bumble it seemed to happen a few years back when he was keeping time free for the USA tour then it didn't happen and they also didn't record. HE made a couple of cracks about it...then went back to normal interview mode.

Maybe for DJ this is that moment, when something like the RRHOF gets handled really oddly...

I presume by "no body" he means Axl. I've read multiple articles in the media about how it's happening (Classic Rock etc) and the "will they or won't the reunite" - and Slash, Adler and Duff and Matt have talked about it a fair bit....

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

That's why I like DJ. He respects the guy and tries his best to please the fans. He just as pumped as everyone else is about this event.

Agree. This was really cool from DJ. Finally a GN'R fan in GN'R.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

DJ has that good classic rock vibe with his playing that would sound great on a new GNR song or record. I've heard some of the stuff from Sixx AM and it could easily flow within the songs that have been built over the years or fresh new material. Hoping his song writing with Axl comes into play sometime in the next few years. Robin is a great guitarist too and had some awesome riffs on Chinese and was important member in Guns in both the album and tours.

bobo
 Rep: -7 

bobo wrote:

what did dj say about robin taking his place on better at the LA HOB?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

bobo lives!!!

Board footer