You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
johndivney wrote:

kid rock myles & green day guy'll sing unless kr isn't happening which case it'll prob be just miles

I like Green Day, but they can't play or sing GnR level songs.  They are good at what they do, but there's a significant talent gap there.  It would be worse than Slash was playing EVH.

Oh I agree, just I won't be surprised when they chug thru a bar band version off AFD songs. Just cause they can't play as good doesn't mean they won't play yknow & w/no axl they're as likely to be playin as anyone.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Ironic if true that the HOF wouldn't let Axl bring or recognize any new guys, and now Slash gets to basically bring his new singer.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

If Myles is performing it's a total disaster and I will at once jump RIGHT onto Axl's side and agree with him. I'm telling you.

Stay the fuck away Myles, you got less to do there than Josh Freese.

Axl did this to himself.  It didn't have to be this way.

So the actions of others, say if Myles singing is merely a bi-product of Axl being a coward?

"Axl did this, so I'm not responsible for my actions"

Or?

It's a snowball effect.  IF they play, I think they've just had enough of it.  I'm not convinced they will play exactly the way people think it will go down, but if they do, it's clear they are done walking on eggshells around Axl.  I'm not saying that's right either, but I wouldn't blame them for feeling this way.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Funny the diff places we all draw the line, & what constitutes a total disaster.
IMO we're still sifting thru the rubble of the org disaster.
Just am sad it's so fking petty & theyre nvr done ripping off the fans they really have no honour, p risible bunch all round. Wtf am I even doing? Enjoying the soap opera I guess..

I think they just said fuck it and called Myles as a reaction.  I think if Axl's letter had come out months ago, I'm not convinced it would go down like this...they would have planned something more proper. With 3 days to throw it together, they had to get what they could get.  They are capable of emotional reactions too.

johndivney wrote:
smoke wrote:

Ironic if true that the HOF wouldn't let Axl bring or recognize any new guys, and now Slash gets to basically bring his new singer.

Not ironic it'd be petty & spiteful
& am sure it'd lead to further rancour maybe even lawsuits

It maybe would be worth it for the spite....

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Myles is good on PC, SCOM, outro to rocket queen and parts of nightrain. I am with D, I would take him over nothing.

But yet again people put out how *wrong* it is for Axl to continue with GNR and release Chinese Democracy with a bunch of hicks but yet Myles and Slash playing at the Hall of Fame is alright because "it's better than nothing".

Does no one but me see the double standards in that???

Maybe those have a problem with Myles singin', who support the idea of Axl continuing as Guns N' Roses with replacements of replacements playing the old songs night by night? That's the real double standard.

It's only one occasion. If Slash-Duff-Gilby-Steven-Matt-Myles tours over the world as Guns N' Roses, that'll be the same fraud, as accepting Axl N' Whoever Else as Guns N' Roses. (Not as bad though, as there would be more AFD and UYI guys.)

Anyway, it's only one show. They don't pretend to be Guns N' Roses, but they MAYBE play some Guns N' Roses songs. That's why you are using double standards and trying to act like the two situations would be the same. They are as far as they can be.

Axl had a chance to be there. He had a chance to perform. He refused both, and even the award. Now some other people who created AFD and the UYIs will likely play with some fill-ins. Booohoooooo. I totally support that those who have the balls and the respect for the fans and for their _own_ past to be there, play some songs. If Slash and Duff would be AWOL for whatever hack reasons, I'd FULLY SUPPORT the idea of Axl's new band playing. Now Slash N' Co will play, possibly. I hope they will. That'd be more rock and roll then not playing or sitting in a truck in Indiana, or watching baseball in Malibu.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I hope they get bon jovi to sing that will fuck him 14:laugh:

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Yup. And my thought is, even if that's not the case, that's how Axl will see it. "Slash fucked me again."

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
smoke wrote:

Yup. And my thought is, even if that's not the case, that's how Axl will see it. "Slash fucked me again."

Slash can do anything, Axl will feel that way. Often happens with maniac, paranoid people.

Board footer