You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I'll take nothing, thanks.

Agreed. As much as an ass Axl has been, I don't want a non GnR member singing GnR songs at a ceremony celebrating them

I feel the same, but should the other guys be punished because of Axl?

What do you mean punished? What the heck is wrong with simply enjoying the tribute to your achievements? Playing isn't necessary. It's also not just Axl skipping out. Izzy won't be there. IMHO, GN'R is Axl, Duff, Izzy, and Slash. Anything less than that is NOT Guns N' Roses. That includes Axl's tribute band that he keeps pretending is GN'R.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

gibbo wrote:

Myles and slash can do sweet child and paridise city better then new gnr can so i dont think it will be so bad

LOL.

Seriously?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

The HALL didn't induct Dave Mustaine with Metallica, or the original bass player.

From what I always assumed, they inducted founding members, important past members and the current band, like they did with Fleetwood Mac... But they do this when they want... And they select who they deem important.

This.

And I'm sorry if this seems rude to all of you but I cannot imagine being excited about watching Matt, Steven, Duff, Slash, Gilby, etc play songs together tonight. It's just not exciting to me at all.

I'm going to be playing my favorite GN'R moments tonight on youtube as my own tribute. Might just post some smile

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

The HALL didn't induct Dave Mustaine with Metallica, or the original bass player.

From what I always assumed, they inducted founding members, important past members and the current band, like they did with Fleetwood Mac... But they do this when they want... And they select who they deem important.

This.

And I'm sorry if this seems rude to all of you but I cannot imagine being excited about watching Matt, Steven, Duff, Slash, Gilby, etc play songs together tonight. It's just not exciting to me at all.

Totally understandable.  Same way going to see new GnR wouldn't appeal to me.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

This.

I'm sorry, but

LOL

It's not against you, Russ, but you are getting overexcited every time Axl N' Whoever Else are playing. Rumours say that even Izzy could be there, so.. it'll be technically Guns N' Roses without Axl Rose. So no need to rain our parade, just because The Holy One is playing GTA at home. 5

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

This.

That's because you're a diehard new GN'R fan.

I bet if you throw Robin in that mix you'd be all over it.

"no offense". Seriously. I still think there's some worth in a UYI touring reunion. It's basically the 87-93 Guns, all of them, except Axl & Dizzy.

Their own faults. They were invited, and chose not to attend. They'd take the praise if they were there, but because they aren't, they will take the heat. The way it goes. They are grown men and knew that, even though I think Dizzy's entourage having to buy their way in is a crock of shit.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm glad they are going to perform.  A little bummed that Axl isn't going to be there, a little more bummed that Myles is singing, but given the options on short notice, it's probably the best we could hope for.

I disagree. Call up that guy who used to sing for the tribute band UK Guns N' Roses. Frankly he sings the songs better than Axl at this point. Sounds pretty much just like Axl in his prime. Myles' whiney voice is annoying as hell.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
killingvector wrote:
gibbo wrote:

Myles and slash can do sweet child and paridise city better then new gnr can so i dont think it will be so bad

LOL.

Seriously?

VS

VS

Board footer