You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

polluxlm wrote:

I have no problem with them being there in principle, but the new guys (some of them anyway) have also recorded a GN'R album. I'm assuming Gilby is there for redubbing Izzy on TSI.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Furbush wrote:

There is a final jam after the Chili Peppers performance. So, there's a chance Guns could do one more.

They need to get Elton John perform November Rain

OUCH! That'd sting Axl's ass. 22

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I have no problem with them being there in principle, but the new guys (some of them anyway) have also recorded a GN'R album. I'm assuming Gilby is there for redubbing Izzy on TSI.

No, he's there because Izzy isn't...same reason Myles is there for Axl.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I still think they deserve to be in there at least. They were apart of the UYI recording process, and that 1991 band was BAD ASS.

It was badass because of the other 4 guys though, just like it was already badass in 1988 because of those same 4 guys.

I enjoyed Dizzy's additional Stones-ey piano work.

But yeah the drums were fine with Steven.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Gilby wasn't inducted. He was asked to attend by Duff/Slash/Matt as their guest, and they allowed him to play.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Once again... Gilby fills in when Izzy is absent. Wouldn't have it any other way.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Is that why Matt is there too? Or did the arrogant hosts just decide to make an artificial line in the sand as to who is GN'R?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Well the whole thing was pretty underwhelming, probably not helped by the fact that there essentially wasn't any video of it.

That said, it's pretty much what I expected tho.  Without Izzy and Axl they were always going to be pushing shit up hill to make it somewhat respectable.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Never thought I'd get to this, but the main highlight of the night, to me is STEVEN POP CORN ADLER.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

So let me get this straight, the HOF doesn't want Axl to bring his bunch of nobodies, but Gilby, Matt and MYLES is there, doing a pure AFD show?!

Duff and Slash should be ashamed of themselves.

if Duff,Steven,Matt and Slash didn't attend... then Axl could've brought the scabs.

Board footer