You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

-D- wrote:

Love the Chili Peppers more than words

Amazing

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Furbush wrote:
Furbush wrote:

Chris Rock: "Let's face it...  even If Axl WAS coming.. He wouldn't have been here by now.."

Thanks motherfucker 14

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Izzy says, "take your Hall of Fame, dust it off, turn that sumbitch sideways, and stick it straight up your candy ass"

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I remember reading interviews in Circus and Hit Parader and Metal Edge back when GNR were coming up, and Axl kept talking about a "6th member" of GNR. It was Dizzy. He's been there nearly from the get-go. Obviously, no writing credits to speak of, but ... does he deserve it? I don't know. The original 5 do, obviously. Not sure if anyone else does.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I have no problem with them being there in principle, but the new guys (some of them anyway) have also recorded a GN'R album. I'm assuming Gilby is there for redubbing Izzy on TSI.

Gilby wasn't inducted. He was asked to attend by Duff/Slash/Matt as their guest, and they allowed him to play.

That's just silly. Matt and Gilby are essentially the same thing, replacements. Just because one guy recorded a few more tracks doesn't make him any more a "real" member.

Either you induct the original band or you let everybody who's featured on albums be a part of it. Making these phony distinctions based on personal opinion or whatever is not the way to go. Like THEY decide who's worthy.

Well, to be fair TSI wasn't an original creation. It was a bunch of cover songs. I think that's the big distinction being made. If Izzy had left before UYI was recorded and Gilby recorded the songs instead, he would probably get inducted right next to Matt and Dizzy. Neither of them wrote anything, and as we all know a bunch of the UYI stuff is even older than AFD (Don't Cry is their oldest song and was written by Izzy/Axl). Gilby would have benefited just like Matt and Dizzy did from that backlog of material written by the AFD lineup but not recorded until later.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

RIP Hillel Slovak

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Seems like I didn't miss much 16

They can induct who they want. It doesn't matter.

The only thing I'm interested in is did the guys talk about Axl in their speeches?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I remember reading interviews in Circus and Hit Parader and Metal Edge back when GNR were coming up, and Axl kept talking about a "6th member" of GNR. It was Dizzy. He's been there nearly from the get-go. Obviously, no writing credits to speak of, but ... does he deserve it? I don't know. The original 5 do, obviously. Not sure if anyone else does.

Considering Axl wanted to make him a member and the other guys blocked it, plus his UYI recording, plus the UYI tour, plus 20 years with Axl and a "technical" Guns N' Roses.

I think at least Dizzy deserves a pass.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Here come Guns...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Seems like I didn't miss much 16

They can induct who they want. It doesn't matter.

The only thing I'm interested in is did the guys talk about Axl in their speeches?

Chris Rock cracked on his ass nicely, and Billie Joe mentioned him and boo's erupted, then Billie tried to quell it and put Axl over.

Board footer